06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl sounded fine, but I just cannot get over Frank’s drum kit’s tone. He has the chops but I just don’t like how it sounds with the Guns discography no matter how much I force myself to try and like it. It certainly didn’t work with Slither in my opinion.

Agreed to an extent on the Frank part, his snare doesn't fit most. He also uses the cymbals a bit too much. rest of the kit sounds fine imo. I thought Axl sounded awful on Slither

Just now, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Agreed to an extent on the Frank part, his snare doesn't fit most. He also uses the cymbals a bit too much. rest of the kit sounds fine imo. I thought Axl sounded awful on Slither

I wish on the chorus Axl would just let Duff sing and then Axl just sticks to the verses. I hated how he went Mickey for the choruses.

What happened during November Rain? Slash really fudged that end solo.

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

I wish on the chorus Axl would just let Duff sing and then Axl just sticks to the verses. I hated how he went Mickey for the choruses.

that's actually not a bad Idea. I could really see that and i really think it would sound better. However, I doubt it'll happen. I still give major props to axl for trying it

Not long back. A very promising start I thought, the band sounded great. Then Axl's mic was playing up. He said at one point he couldn't hear himself, which explains why he wasn't going for high notes all the time. I was right up front, he was still singing but wasn't audible. 

Even though it was a shorter show, I'll still say it was better than Slane last year.

IMG_2084.JPG

• Like 3

To be fair about Slither, it doesn't really matter how Axl sounds on it. It's being played for Slash and Duff and that iconic solo. Axl isn't Scott nor is Myles.. we shouldn't be looking for near perfect vocals. Its slash's baby and that should really be the focus.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

To be fair about Slither, it doesn't really matter how Axl sounds on it. It's being played for Slash and Duff and that iconic solo. Axl isn't Scott nor is Myles.. we shouldn't be looking for near perfect vocals. Its slash's baby and that should really be the focus.

Never really thought about it like that. It also shows that Axl is willing to do something for Slash and Duff. That in itself is a good thing! Should be a good sign for their relationship.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Earlier in this thread, I had said that this is Slash's song. Even when Weiland sang it, Slash was the person who stands out the most in this song. 

4 hours ago, gerardo said:

Man..this is the first show after a quite long break, take it easy guys!

Fucking hell...

Axl is a grown man who has 30+ years of rock n' roll behind him, is in one of  - if not the - greatest rock n' roll bands of all time and is AXL FUCKING ROSE - he is not a 7 year old returning to play his first match for his soccer team after spraining his ankle....

He doesn't need to be treated with kid gloves!

A long break of what?! He wasn't down the fucking mines - he was arsing around not giving a flying fuck about GNR and generally just not giving a shit..

Even though I’m a Frank fan I totally understand the criticism he gets from a lot of fans around here. It seems to be generally towards the songs overplays on (Rocket Queen, Estranged, etc...), but I really don’t see what was wrong with Slither. He chugged it along nicely I thought. Great tempo and no unnecessary fills.

• Like 2

Yeah, it was amazing that they played Slither. That's really the most important part of tonight. And Axl didn't sound that bad singing Slither either. He sounded pretty good on the verses actually. I can see what he was going for with the higher pitched parts, but yeah... I'm sure that it'll improve just like Black Hole Sun did. It will sound better in the future gigs.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, paulor666 said:

Fucking hell...

Axl is a grown man who has 30+ years of rock n' roll behind him, is in one of  - if not the - greatest rock n' roll bands of all time and is AXL FUCKING ROSE - he is not a 7 year old returning to play his first match for his soccer team after spraining his ankle....

He doesn't need to be treated with kid gloves!

A long break of what?! He wasn't down the fucking mines - he was arsing around not giving a flying fuck about GNR and generally just not giving a shit..

Nice to see someone making sense.