06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

Does anyone else think playing Slither totally questions the legitimacy of this GnR tour and particularly Axl, if that wasn't already the case with this 'reunion' line-up.  Makes it look as if all this was fabricated for NITL. Plus it sounded dreadful. Also the stadium was empty because charging 95 is way too high for that standard of a show thats been the same for 2 years with declining quality and None of them seem to really care.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I don't wanna spoil the party, but... what's with all the praise around Slither? 

I mean, it's my favorite VR song and I couldn't be more happy that GNR is covering it (mindblowing) but Axl sounds simply atrocious on it. The only reason everyone's praising it is because of novelty - same as first reunion shows in 2016 when everyone said Axl sounded like in 90's.

I still don't get it how could he sing it so bad. I mean the song is in the same register and Chinese Democracy and It's So Easy... why could not he sing it that way and add some rasp?

I hope that Axl rehearses and gets better at it cause I wanna see it ROCK!

As for Slash, he killed it! That solo was spotless! Great to hear Slither in GNR! 

With the better audio quality, it wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be.  Vocally it was ok. Axl will need to improve upon it. Frank as well. 

• Like 1

Why is it that every time Axl has a bad singing night people automatically assume he's "sick?" If that's the case he's been sick for roughly 7 years, and that sure as hell ain't healthy.

When Axl is prepared he sounds great, à la AC/DC. When he has 6 months off and doesn't even make an attempt to try out different ways of singing his own material, you get what you get tonight. Not fair to the fans, but it is what it is. The "sick" comments need to stop though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark1989 said:

Does anyone else think playing Slither totally questions the legitimacy of this GnR tour and particularly Axl, if that wasn't already the case with this 'reunion' line-up.  Makes it look as if all this was fabricated for NITL. Plus it sounded dreadful. Also the stadium was empty because charging 95 is way too high for that standard of a show thats been the same for 2 years with declining quality and None of them seem to really care.

Not at all. Slash and Duff are  in GNR. Not the other wanna be.  The song will improve. as far as ticket prices, please look at tickets for Metallica, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, etc. ALL ticket prices are expensive 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andrew032302 said:

Dave Grohl to Rock Am Ring crowd: "My throat is fucked up, help me sing!" He's been rough the rest of the show.

Jesus, is there something in the German water?

Indeed. Their set was like 5 songs shorter tonight compared to two nights ago.

Axl did mention multiple times that he had problems with the in-ears.

Either no sound at all or it sounded like he was under water, depending on where he was on the stage.

Maybe some explanation to the voice combined with a not so good night.

Edited by Snytefant
  • Like 3

I’m tired of hearing Axl must have a cold every time he starts a tour. No excuses he is out of practice and sucks. I always cringe for the first couple of shows, caused by a mixture of his missed vocals, and shear embarrassment that he has the audacity to front a show without keeping his voice in check.

I agree it didn’t help tonight that the sound seemed off, so I will wait to hear what some of the people attending have to say.

It was my first time listening to Slither -(my bad) so I don’t really have an opinion on Axls performance, other than looking at it as if it were a new/cover song, but it really did nothing for me.

I am amazed that they didn’t do SOYL, why release a new song and not perform it ???? I just don’t get the thinking behind this band.

7 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I’m tired of hearing Axl must have a cold every time he starts a tour. No excuses he is out of practice and sucks. I always cringe for the first couple of shows, caused by a mixture of his missed vocals, and shear embarrassment that he has the audacity to front a show without keeping his voice in check.

I am amazed that they didn’t do SOYL, why release a new song and not perform it ???? I just don’t get the thinking behind this band.

I would agree, but the fact that You Could Be Mine, a staple, was skipped tonight indicates that there was something really off.

SOYL was soundchecked. Probably it was skipped for the same reason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Loot Man said:

No, because he sounded Mickey before AC/DC gigs. But he sounded great with AC/DC to the end. After that Mickey came back.

mickey was over the NA AC/DC gigs it was brutal and today in berlin sounds good compared NA Tour with AC/DC i know i seen it in person 5 times and it was 10 times to many.

1 minute ago, 80309561 said:

mickey was over the NA AC/DC gigs it was brutal and today in berlin sounds good compared NA Tour with AC/DC i know i seen it in person 5 times and it was 10 times to many.

Perhaps a little Micky in TNT, DDDDC and LTBR. But the rest of the Bon songs he sang way better second leg. IYWB for example. Electric