06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

I listened to Slither after reading some comments here, and it wasn't as bad as I expected based on those comments. I think it'll get better at the next shows. For starters, the "heys" should be left to Duff. Or, even better, they should be omitted. They were unnecessary and cringy in the original VR song anyway, imo.

I can't believe that there are people who say that Axl "wasn't into it" etc. and overlook that he chose to sing it in the first place.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rodri99 said:

It's velvet revolver, not gnr, still a cover.

There is clearly a difference between playing a song that originally featured two band members and playing some old AC/DC song. When CSNY and The Eagles used to do solo songs, were they considered ''covers''?

I'm sure Slash and Duff are bemused they have just covered somebody else's song?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rodri99 said:

It's velvet revolver, not gnr, still a cover.

I don't think it is as black and white as that.  It isn't "GNR", however two people in GNR wrote it, with a third member previously in GNR.

It isn't a GNR song, but it is more than just a mere cover compared to Black Hole Sun.  It is something more

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is clearly a difference between playing a song that originally featured two band members and playing some old AC/DC song. When CSNY and The Eagles used to do solo songs, were they considered ''covers''?

I'm sure Slash and Duff are bemused they have just covered somebody else's song?

Out of likes, but yes exactly what I was trying to say!

5 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

I’m gonna give Axl a chance. It’s the first show back in 6 months. Give it a few shows and he’ll find his groove (hopefully). 

Part of me agrees but part of me says be the fuck ready for the first show... You are a professional getting paid a shit ton of money.. It is one thing if his voice just isn't there any more but he just doesn't seem prepared or seem like he had been practicing a whole lot.. He definitely doesn't seem to be taking care of himself and that doesn't help his performance.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

30 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

seriously these zillion people sitting on chairs a zillion miles away from the stage

you cant get more far removed from what an actual GNR show from the actual GNR era was

That is a WTF.  Granted i was in the PIT at my 4 shows and have no idea what the crowd was doing up high but rather than WTTJ that video clip was more like 'Welcome To The Senior Home' for those people.

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Anyone else think the worst part of (plug in almost any song here) was Frank? 

Exactly. Ive tried over the years to look past it but I just can’t get over how awful he makes these songs sound. That intro to Slither was embarrassing, sounded like that was first time hearing it and improvising...

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Even though I’m a Frank fan I totally understand the criticism he gets from a lot of fans around here. It seems to be generally towards the songs overplays on (Rocket Queen, Estranged, etc...), but I really don’t see what was wrong with Slither. He chugged it along nicely I thought. Great tempo and no unnecessary fills.

Too much hate for the guy, even when he didn't mess Slither it was still wrong for them because he was playing it. Used to dislike him, but I take what I can have.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So they played Slither, "only" 3 CD songs and got rid of The Seeker and Black Hole Sun? This must be one of the best setlists of the whole tour even without YCBM, Coma, Out Ta Get Me and My Michelle. Please, keep it this way!

He's the worst part of every second of the show, what were you expecting? :lol:

The set list was actually pretty good.. Mostly due to them only playing 3 CD songs... Slither in there was a huge plus... Black Hole Sun was awful... I am in the minority on the Seeker though.. I dig it and it is one of the few songs that Axl spits out with some old school swagger.. He always seems to be into it. 

Slither was cool, didn't think we'd ever hear Axl singing that for some reason :headbang: Assumed it was on the setlist to tease us all like Perfect Crime <_<

Hope everyone who went to the show had a good time.

4 hours ago, EvH said:

Sounds like a rough show.

But that's really cool we got Slither, Axl does need some practice on it, but after a first listen I don't feel like he half-assed it. It will get better!

I don't think he half assed it either.. He just didn't rehearse it enough.. He messed up the lyrics a couple times and just didn't seem totally comfortable.. I thiunk after a few more times he will nail it.. It is just too bad that those few more times weren't during rehearsals..

Was great to see my favorite band back at it tonight! (thanks to Mygnr and youtube). *Slither- not sure WTf happened.  But that VR clip someone posted was so much better.  Maybe it was Matt and or Scott (RIP)...but at least Axl gave it a shot.  That's cool.  I'd like to see a re-worked Fall To Pieces myself (with heavy rasp).  I'd also like a few North America (US) shows this summer. 

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

Not at all. Slash and Duff are  in GNR. Not the other wanna be.  The song will improve. as far as ticket prices, please look at tickets for Metallica, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, etc. ALL ticket prices are expensive 

Gn'R charge about 3 times as much as those other bands..