06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

1 minute ago, estranged_85 said:

I've heard from people attending tonight that the sound was REALLY bad. Axl's mic was fading in and out and echo all over the venue. 

Haven't heard that much from the show but i hope that Axl do better on the next coming shows =) 

I can confirm. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

I've heard from people attending tonight that the sound was REALLY bad. Axl's mic was fading in and out and echo all over the venue. 

Haven't heard that much from the show but i hope that Axl do better on the next coming shows =) 

Same thing happened when I saw them in 2016 on the North American stadium run. Come on Caram, stop messing it up.

26 minutes ago, Mark1989 said:

Perhaps a little Micky in TNT, DDDDC and LTBR. But the rest of the Bon songs he sang way better second leg. IYWB for example. Electric 

Yay these 56 pages have been blessed by a link containing a good Axl vocal <3 thanks kind sir...<_<
Onwards and upwards is surely a certainty ! 

It could have been the guys feed I watched on periscope but the sound seemed shocking in parts.

Slither was kind of 'meh' to me.

I'm sure everyone that was there had a great time as it's always different when you are there but it seems increasingly so, that with each show I don't attend I see it as money saved not a missed opportunity.

I just watched PC and you can't tell Axl felt good, he didn't sang most parts evend didn't do "Ha ha ha ha" after outro started. Clearly something was off.

I still havr hope that he will be goos at rest of the tour

40 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

Why is it that every time Axl has a bad singing night people automatically assume he's "sick?" If that's the case he's been sick for roughly 7 years, and that sure as hell ain't healthy.

When Axl is prepared he sounds great, à la AC/DC. When he has 6 months off and doesn't even make an attempt to try out different ways of singing his own material, you get what you get tonight. Not fair to the fans, but it is what it is. The "sick" comments need to stop though.

He sounded rough pretty much the whole 2017 and nobody thought he was sick then. But tonight was different in many ways. He didn't just sound bad, he consciously tried to avoid singing high notes. It's like he was told by his vocal couch to avoid singing those parts. We've seen what Axl's like on a regular bad night. He might sound bad, but at least he tries to sing all the high notes. Tonight he consciously avoided singing those parts. That's not typical Axl in any way.

Plus they played a much shorter show and skipped YOU COULD BE MINE. That song's been a staple for forever. They even played it on the Golden Gods show when they only played 9 songs. It's considered one of the most important GNR songs. They would not skip it without a VERY good reason.

It seems obvious that something was off tonight and the most likely explanation is that Axl was sick.

• Like 3

We've been to the Berlin gig this evening. Everything was peachy until Axl shot his voice pushing CD. He was firing up his part of 'the machine'. No one interacted with Fortus & it's sheer luck Melissa wasn't booed off stage during introductions. There were no technical difficulties imho. The show was cut short by almost an hour compared to say, like... the forum or rir 17.

36 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

That is what I have been saying! Even posted tweets to prove it. Sound sucked and the monitors too and that is unacceptable!

1 minute ago, bernard said:

We've been to the Berlin gig this evening. Everything was peachy until Axl shot his voice pushing CD. He was firing up his part of 'the machine'. No one interacted with Fortus & it's sheer luck Melissa wasn't booed off stage during introductions. There were no technical difficulties imho. The show was cut short by almost an hour compared to say, like... the forum or rir 17.

There were sound issues...people even left the show cause of it. Many people tweeted about it.

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Sad 1

Just now, marlingrl03 said:

That is what I have been saying! Even posted tweets to prove it. Sound sucked and the monitors too and that is unacceptable!

Having watched some vids, the microphone clearly does cut out at times...BUT Axl also doesn't sing parts of some songs and missed phrasing. I'm guessing he just didn't have the vocal chops to do some parts.

For example Civil war, alot of notes cut short, he misses some words at times and totally skips the final few lines after the solo. Ironically I prefer it that way! But normally regardless of how rough Axl may sound, he never does what he did tonight and not even attempt parts of songs.

11 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

He sounded rough pretty much the whole 2017 and nobody thought he was sick then. But tonight was different in many ways. He didn't just sound bad, he consciously tried to avoid singing high notes. It's like he was told by his vocal couch to avoid singing those parts. We've seen what Axl's like on a regular bad night. He might sound bad, but at least he tries to sing all the high notes. Tonight he consciously avoided singing those parts. That's not typical Axl in any way.

Plus they played a much shorter show and skipped YOU COULD BE MINE. That song's been a staple for forever. They even played it on the Golden Gods show when they only played 9 songs. It's considered one of the most important GNR songs. They would not skip it without a VERY good reason.

It seems obvious that something was off tonight and the most likely explanation is that Axl was.    

13 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

It seems obvious that something was off tonight and the most likely explanation is that Axl was sick.

Good to see that Axl is bringing along his magical vocal couch on this leg

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

First things first: sorry to the person I quoted above. It was an accident and I'm on mobile with no idea how to remove the quote lol

Second, I do find it funny that you can immediately tell who has any interest in having an honest discussion and who just wants to get a reaction. 

Most reasonable people are saying Slither sounded OK but Axl has room for improvement. Still cool that he sang it in the first place. 

Then you have the others going on as if it's the worst thing to ever happen in the history of vocal performances. Throwing in Frank when he played the song just fine is amusing too. 

Axl sounded fine, but I just cannot get over Frank’s drum kit’s tone. He has the chops but I just don’t like how it sounds with the Guns discography no matter how much I force myself to try and like it. It certainly didn’t work with Slither in my opinion.

• Like 3

Being a drummer, Frank could have been a lot worse. I can't stand him on most songs but slither actually wasn't half bad. If he hit the crash cymbal instead of the ride during the solo it could have been more powerful and sounded a bit better but other than that I didn't think he did horrible. Axl on the other hand... might want to give lead vocals to duff on that one. or even slash that's just not his song. Good effort tho Slash and duff killed it.

• Like 1