New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

Live albums are a great listen when you drive at night, gives you the feeling you are actually involved in something other than just sitting there listening to a song.

I'd like it, but nothing beats a new studio record. With AC/DC, Aerosmith, whatever, we have so many albums and we know what to expect, it seems like we've "heard it all" with those bands.

GNR have 3 (4) albums, each has a completely different, evolved style. It just feels like there's so much left they could present to us. It doesn't feel right for them to never have a new album.

Right now with GNR it feels as if Michael Jackson would have stopped after "Dangerous" or as if AC/DC would have stopped after "Back In Black". There's just so much more I want to hear from them, their story isn't finished yet.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Now THAT is something I'd be totally on board with!

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility. A live album isn’t technically difficult to prepare and release (particularly if certain gigs were properly recorded) and with a mountain of material stockpiled already it’s not like they are starting from scratch (and Slash and Duff will bring fresh stuff for either totally new songs or to compliment older material). I know this is GNR we are talking about but that aside, it’s not a bad place to be with material.

Edited by DTJ80

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Care to elaborate? 

No previous managers know anything. It is reasonable to assume I can comment on that

The band have been touring non stop in recent years and have publicly stated their focus is on touring

And, my only remaining link now, the record company have nothing

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

No previous managers know anything. It is reasonable to assume I can comment on that

The band have been touring non stop in recent years and have publicly stated their focus is on touring

Interesting. There's more sources other than just former managers saying otherwise.

Like I've been saying; it's all just rumor for now anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mysteron said:

What do you mean by the record company have nothing? I wouldn’t expect them to have anything until something is completed and good to go?

Any new material released now, especially with Fortus/Frank in the band, will only hurt their legacy. This is a band that is frozen in time at its prime. Why ruin the illusion now? 

Someone above said that it's like if Michael Jackson stopped after Dangerous. IMHO, Dangerous was his last classic album. He would have had a flawless career had he stopped there.

Best thing to do is just give the fans an Illusions and Chinese Democracy boxset. Empty the vault. There is nothing they can do now that will come anywhere near the mid-90's GnR material/Chi-Dem sessions.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, RONIN said:

There is nothing they can do now that will come anywhere near the mid-90's GnR material/Chi-Dem sessions.

I hear what you're saying, and I agree... they will never top AFD or the Illusions, at least I don't think so, but I'd still want to hear new music, even if it's only half as good.

The Smashing Pumpkins released a new record a couple of weeks ago with the almost original lineup for the first time in 18 years. It's not as good as most of the stuff they released in the 90's, but it's still good, in my opinion, and I'm glad they released it because I'm enjoying it. 

• Like 1

“‪Unsubstantiated reports claim Guns N’ Roses have recorded a cover of T-Rex’s Children Of The Revolution for inclusion on a upcoming tribute album. Other artists on the album are said to include U2, Elton John, Foo Fighters and Joan Jett. Until released consider this to be rumor.‬” Mitch Lafon on Facebook.

• Like 2