10/13/19 - Manchester, TN - Exit 111 Festival

FabioRoses

11 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

"hmmm, am I forgetting someone?... ah yes, on the guitar... ON THE GUITAR... ON THE FUCKIN' GUITAR.... Slash" something like that, and I love how he screams ON THE FUCKING GUITAR.

He did this at ACL as well. All he has to say is, “ON THE MOTHERFUCKING GUITAR”, and everybody loses their minds. He laughed pretty hard after the fact, he obviously gets a kick out of it. 

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Amazing that Axl is introducing Slash. Five years ago that would have been insane 

Axl introducing Slash, we finally heard Atlas Shrugged, Locomotive played, and people on this forum saying that Coma is their "bathroom break" song.

Some really crazy shit going on

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Crowebar said:

Didn't shoot anyone down. Was told by a friend who attended that there was 100,000 + people in attendance for gnr by his/her estimation and they also had the largest crowd by far out of all performers. From the pics and vids I've seen, he/she wasn't exaggerating or lying. I'm just relaying what I was told so don't shoot the messenger 👍🏻

Edit: - Enjoy the Loco vid while you can because some moron gets a kick out of having them removed so nobody gets to enjoy them. Pretty communistic thing to do as far as I'm concerned

Any money the same douchebag downloads himself a copy before getting them removed 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I know people don't like the set but you're seeing GNR for 3 hours most of the time. Who cares if they're covers? We get AFD songs, Illusion songs, CD songs (which really aren't that bad but different convo), and patience. We also get deep cuts like locomotive has now been played live TWICE in ONE WEEK. Coma is another deep cut ect. Slash breathed new life into axl it seems. He sounded great in 2016, fell off a bit in 2017/2018 and 2019 he's been solid. Slither is now a GNR played song we're all quite lucky here. Sure axl is a tad big in the gut and sounds like mickey in some parts, but the dudes almost 60 and had some hard living in the 80s and 90s. 

Richard is the most talented rhythm guitarist GNR has probably ever had. Sure he isn't Izzy, I want him back too just to get closer to the 80/90s lineup and cuz of 14 years, but Richard has subtly done a great job. The blues jam hes really good on. RQ (excluding the solo which isn't bad either) he's great. I actually really love hearing him and slash play wish you were here. Seems like they're trying to outperform each other each solo. 

So while the set might be "stale" or never changed, they're selling out arenas and headlining festivals. Obviously people don't care TOO much about the set if some people have gone multiple times. Maybe we don't get the unpredictability anymore but we see slash and axl share a stage together again in OUR lifetime. And this is the first time I've seen them on stage together since they weren't even really a band when I was born (post 96). 

New music yes ok I get it. We want to see what they can do in a studio. This really is the last step to the "reunion". Will we finally hear axl and slash on a new (even of if its a leftover) song again? Eventually I bet but for now I think even they are in shock this has worked so well and fans have been so receptive. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

i think it's because he's learnt it with Slash & Duff where the alot of other songs he's put his own spin on them with fills and stuff from Playing them in nugnr era. People just get used of hearing the album version.

I certainly am used to the album version with locomotive.

well the novelty of locomotive sure dried up fast 

i was motivated to see them and now none whatsoever as the song is solely used as a weird gimmick 

39 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Lol this is funny, he was also mad and actually threw the mic down at the end of the last Locomotive.

yeah cause they fucked up the outro 

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was going to send you the link but can't find it now... I am in teh middle of a Slash solo.. Will back button to it after ;)

Any chance I could get a link to Slither as well? I got in a bit of a tussle during that song at the show and didn't really get to listen to it ;)