10/23/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena [Dead Horse played for the first time since 1993]

alfierose

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

:lol:I agree with a lot of what you're saying except this didn't start with Frank. It starts with Axl not knowing how his own song goes, then everything goes downhill from there. 

I get that you don't like Frank, but this one starts with Axl not him. 

Axl has fucked up his own songs so many times already. And this one won't be the last. I take a fucked up Dead Horse over a well performed cover.Just because Axl feels he has to pay tribute to the artist who wrote it at every single show.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Padme said:

Axl has fucked up his own songs so many times already. And this one won't be the last. I take a fucked up Dead Horse over a well performed cover.Just because Axl feels he has to pay tribute to the artist who wrote it at every single show.

Exactly. Soundgarden is one of my favourite bands ever, but I don't want to hear BHS ever again other than by Soundgarden, which I will listen to on my own at home or somewhere else. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

Why is nobody blaming whoever puts the lyrics in the teleprompter? Unless Axl completely forgot the notes for the lines and decided to skip them (unlikely since he remembered the rest of the song), how could they be left out twice if they were on the teleprompter.

35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Right, right... It's totally the fault of the guy who is at rehearsal every single day and plays the songs at the exact speed the band wants him to. 

It's not at all the fault of the guy who never shows up for rehearsal and had no clue how to sing his own song. :lol:

Let me reimind you that Ax never did show up for rehersals post '89 shows, but it always did sound half decent because the band played well.

Now we have a guy butchering the songs for years on drums and after so many years it does become irritating.

If you want, saying that I call out for awful playing a guy who is at rehersals every single day over a guy who isn't. that fact should just make him better than the guy who isn't - not as bad or worse.  It speaks volumes about his playing capabilities.

LOL, you can't justify his awful playing by 'yeah, but unlike Axl, he shows up for rehersals daily'.

And honestly, I don't care about his playing, I am concerned where is the end of his tenure in the band by now.

Edited by shotsfired cro

To my ears it wasn't as bad as a lot of people are saying, just a little sloppy at points.....which is fine, if you're a drunken bar band midway through an antagonistic performance. 

I think the reason people are perhaps making more of an issue about how this sounds is that we're talking performances with VERY high ticket prices here, played out to an audience of (largely) safe, bland people out for their annual fix of box-ticking 'rock n roll' before they return to their corporate jobs firing and screwing over the sort of people they used to be. (Sweeping generalization here consciously!) When you're faced with THAT, and the big pay-cheques that come with it, people's perception of what is acceptable on-stage changes hugely.

Everything needs to be slick because of that....and if it isn't questions are asked about why, in a way previously they haven't. Simply put- if you're charging some of the highest prices in the musical world, EVERYTHING has to justify that, and rehearsals are the time to weed out any and all mistakes. 

Personally, I'd rather a more 'warts and all' performance, to a more receptive crowd at cheaper prices. But that's not what this is. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Let me reimind you that Ax never did show up for rehersals post '89 shows, but it always did sound half decent because the band played well.

Now we have a guy butchering the songs for years on drums and after so many years it does become irritating.

If you want, saying that I call out for awful playing a guy who is at rehersals every single day over a guy who isn't. that fact should just make him better than the guy who isn't - not as bad or worse.  It speaks volumes about his playing capabilities.

LOL, you can't justify his awful playing by 'yeah, but unlike Axl, he shows up for rehersals daily'.

And honestly, I don't care about his playing, I am concerned where is the end of his tenure in the band by now.

If he truly were that bad as you claim, I'm sure real musicians like Duff and Slash would notice too and do something about it. So maybe, he is not really as bad as you claim.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

Some of you folks are just never happy. I get we are all disappointed with Axl on many levels, but fuck, you’d think that be out of our system by now or have accepted the situation.  

This tour isn’t the most exciting but it’s still great to see them and glad they are doing something new given the scripted nature of this tour. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

:lol:I agree with a lot of what you're saying except this didn't start with Frank. It starts with Axl not knowing how his own song goes, then everything goes downhill from there. 

I get that you don't like Frank, but this one starts with Axl not him. 

Yup if Axl can't or doesn't want to go to soundcheck he should at least spend some serious time listening to whatever song that has potential to be performed since he wrote it. He also could very easily watch how it used to be performed on uyi tours since every show was filmed apparently?

No offense intended Axl.

I think you lurk here or else why would Coma/Locomotive/Dead Horse start being played after so many of us begging for deep cuts for years on end?

It's either Axl or tb lurking and reporting back to Axl/Gnr that the hardcore fans want more deep cuts and less covers. Which we do 👍🏻😊

'Black Hole Son' ?? Come on dude... I can understand doing it a couple/few times as a tribute to Chris but it's been done and it was time to move on a long time ago. BHS isn't that good of a song. 

Axl/gnr (hardcore original) fans want to hear Guns songs. I get the whole "but we have to play the hits or else blah blah blah..." dealio 

While I'm on a semi-rant it'd also be nice if Axl did the odd semi-rant here and there and preferably not a bs woke Axl Political rant. Do a semi-rant about me and others bitching about the covers/setlist and shit once in awhile dude. Doesn't even have to be an angry one either 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

To my ears it wasn't as bad as a lot of people are saying, just a little sloppy at points.....which is fine, if you're a drunken bar band midway through an antagonistic performance. 

I think the reason people are perhaps making more of an issue about how this sounds is that we're talking performances with VERY high ticket prices here, played out to an audience of (largely) safe, bland people out for their annual fix of box-ticking 'rock n roll' before they return to their corporate jobs firing and screwing over the sort of people they used to be. (Sweeping generalization here consciously!) When you're faced with THAT, and the big pay-cheques that come with it, people's perception of what is acceptable on-stage changes hugely.

Everything needs to be slick because of that....and if it isn't questions are asked about why, in a way previously they haven't. Simply put- if you're charging some of the highest prices in the musical world, EVERYTHING has to justify that, and rehearsals are the time to weed out any and all mistakes. 

Personally, I'd rather a more 'warts and all' performance, to a more receptive crowd at cheaper prices. But that's not what this is. 

Agree performance was not that bad. And it was fun to hear. 

The rest of this a sweeping generalization. God forbid that old GNR fans grew up, got jobs, and now can afford to treat themselves to a $100-$300 night out.  Success doesn’t equal fucking others over.  It’s usually hard work + a bit of luck.  Sheesh

8 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

Yup if Axl can't or doesn't want to go to soundcheck he should at least spend some serious time listening to whatever song that has potential to be performed since he wrote it. He also could very easily watch how it used to be performed on uyi tours since every show was filmed apparently?

No offense intended Axl.

I think you lurk here or else why would Coma/Locomotive/Dead Horse start being played after so many of us begging for deep cuts for years on end?

It's either Axl or tb lurking and reporting back to Axl/Gnr that the hardcore fans want more deep cuts and less covers. Which we do 👍🏻😊

'Black Hole Son' ?? Come on dude... I can understand doing it a couple/few times as a tribute to Chris but it's been done and it was time to move on a long time ago. BHS isn't that good of a song. 

Axl/gnr (hardcore original) fans want to hear Guns songs. I get the whole "but we have to play the hits or else blah blah blah..." dealio 

While I'm on a semi-rant it'd also be nice if Axl did the odd semi-rant here and there and preferably not a bs woke Axl Political rant. Do a semi-rant about me and others bitching about the covers/setlist and shit once in awhile dude. Doesn't even have to be an angry one either 👍🏻

I agree with everything, except the last paragraph. A rant, even though he has nothing to rant about, just to appease people like you??? Kinda like an actor pretending to be in a certain mood?? That's a bit jumping the shark, isn't it??

Yay Dead Horse!!! I thought that tone wise Axl did as great a job as is reasonable to expect. And I liked it! But the absence of "then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car, I didnt know what to do" was both heartbreaking and distracting.

To me Slash was the weakest link on DH. Why'd he have Frank join him in the intro - it sounded terrible! At least just give us a pocket on 2 and 4 (which is like the basic building block of rock n roll :lol:) Slashs solo sounded like him on a CD solo.

Richard for the save, at least once. It was like he knew where the next screw up was coming. And he appeared in front of Slash and next to Duff just in time to flash the chord and mark the 1. Pretty impressive! 

he missed verse!

he didn't play exact solo like on album!

he was faster there!

he didn't jump at that second...

My God, in my dictionary - that IS a definition of live rock'n'roll band.

spontaneous and fun!

Even Axl's Mickey fits in this song.... Better than milionth time SCOM for sure....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I agree with everything, except the last paragraph. A rant, even though he has nothing to rant about, just to appease people like you??? Kinda like an actor pretending to be in a certain mood?? That's a bit jumping the shark, isn't it??

Not really imo. I mean more like a humorous Axl rant more than anything because he's capable of making me and others laugh our asses off. I meant it in a positive way 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Agree performance was not that bad. And it was fun to hear. 

The rest of this a sweeping generalization. God forbid that old GNR fans grew up, got jobs, and now can afford to treat themselves to a $100-$300 night out.  Success doesn’t equal fucking others over.  It’s usually hard work + a bit of luck.  Sheesh

....that'll be why I put "sweeping generalization consciously". Obviously. 

I fully disagree though (especially as the gap between the rich and the poor grows daily) that people being able to drop $300 on a concert ticket is the result of 'hard work'. It's a luxury for the wealthy.....which is a big factor as to why GNRs audience are as they are now, and why we see many complaints on here about audiences being so un-engaged with the  performances. 

Not to say everyone that is able to do so DOESN'T work hard of course. But all this should go without saying really. 

• Like 1

I just watched this and thought it was fine. Yeah, I’d like a bit more rasp but he sprinkled a few touches in.  This leg of this tour had brought locomotive and now dead horse.  I can’t believe people are still botching and moaning.  This is exactly what we’ve been asking for.   Now let’s just hope there is some new music “soon”

• Like 2

Just now, yourcrazy said:

I just watched this and thought it was fine. Yeah, I’d like a bit more rasp but he sprinkled a few touches in.  This leg of this tour had brought locomotive and now dead horse.  I can’t believe people are still botching and moaning.  This is exactly what we’ve been asking for.   Now let’s just hope there is some new music “soon”

I think Axl did pretty good myself overall. Plenty of rasp. I'd rather hear/see some fuck ups anyway since it's live. If I want to hear perfection I'll listen to the official releases I paid for

• Like 1