09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

22 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Lyrics to "Dead Horse" were on the lithograph, so....there's that.

Setlist:

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

Double Talkin' Jive

Better

Estranged

Live And Let Die

Slither

Rocket Queen

You Could Be Mine

Shadow Of Your Love

You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude

Civil War

Coma

Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine

Wichita Lineman

Wish You Were Here

November Rain

Black Hole Sun

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nightrain

Patience

The Seeker

Paradise City

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

That's what every band wants to see/hear :D I don't care what anyone says, you can have a long set and still not make it bloated. This is a great collection of songs, ordered in a way that derails them as soon as they get going. 

They should let Slash choose the set. Obviously he'll throw in 10 solo spots :D but generally, he likes to keep the flow going.

I just answered that if he don't like BHS he could take a break and get a beer. To mee the set list is fine. Do want some more deep cuts but I guess they have to please the casuals also

Setlist:
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Yesterdays 
Coma
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Wish You Were Here
November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Nightrain

Patience
Madagascar 
The Seeker
Paradise City
  • GNFNR 1

It took a while for them to Play Slither when it turned up on a set, so let's see how this tour develops. We may never hear the alt songs, but I'm honestly ok with that. It's not the set I want to hear this far into the reunion, but I'm not paying for these shows so it's no loss for me!

I’m really pissed off. This band always troll us. They tour like if they are like The Rolling Stones and even them “relive” some really old songs that they don’t play often. I really hate all the covers. WICHITA LINEMAN!!!! GNR has a lot of amazing songs and plays this shitty cover. 

3 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

This setlist is so stale I can't believe a band as exciting as GNR could put on such a boring snoozefest of a show ... Even during the rockers it just seems so boring it's really disappointing ... The future for this band looks bleak ... 

Ah it's not that bad. If you follow this band for any length you know what to expect. Axl likes his setlist and getting him to change from it is like taking a bone from a dog. 

Edited by Tom2112

As much as people will complain about the set list being stale, and I’m slightly disappointed too, the fans saw a great show these last 3 dates. Axl really is sounding quite great and slash is on another level. Frank had improved slowly and Richard and slash seem to have great chemistry. The band sounds very tight and I think these shows are closer to the 2016 category than 2018. There’s always the next show and for the fans seeing them for the first time since the 90s or first time ever, they probably are getting their money’s worth 

• Like 1

Just now, feli1269 said:

Black Hole Sun, Wichita Lineman, The Seeker has NOTHING relate to the band. 

Which is my biggest issue.

LALD, KOHD, Attitude make sense - over time, the band has essentially taken "ownership" of those songs.

Wichita Lineman, Black Hole Sun, and the Seeker are nothing but boring filler that COULD and SHOULD be replaced by actual Guns N' Roses songs. There's NO excuse to be playing those songs EVERY night.

2 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

LALD, KOHD, Attitude make sense - over time, the band has essentially taken "ownership" of those songs.

Wichita Lineman, Black Hole Sun, and the Seeker are nothing but boring filler that COULD and SHOULD be replaced by actual Guns N' Roses songs. There's NO excuse to be playing those songs EVERY night.

I didn't mind BHS as a tribute ... It's over-stayed it's welcome ... I enjoy Wichita Lineman but it should've been dropped last year along with BHS ... The Seeker I love and have no problem with it's inclusion throughout the years but I agree with the overall "too many covers" sentiment 

3 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

That’s it. The worst point ever on all this was when they played “I GOT YOU” FROM JAMES BROWN. 
GNR can play another songs that they played in the tour like (Outta get me, My Michelle, Yesterdays, Used to love her or all the chinese songs) but NO, they choose these shitty covers. They played Wichita Lineman 66 SHOWS!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, feli1269 said:

Black Hole Sun, Wichita Lineman, The Seeker has NOTHING relate to the band. 

Should be rotational. Too many covers. Got it at first with BHS and WL as tributes,  but they're played out. I know axl doesn't play "one goddamn note" for me or anyone else, but the buzz is stale.