The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Well there are four possibilities:

1) Chinese stuff with some Bucket/Robin und some rework by Slash

2) Chinese stuff totally reworked

3) New Axl/Duff/Slash songs

4) Old Axl/Duff/Slash/Izzy songs

I'd like to hear all of those of course. But I doubt, they will ever see the light of day. Best guess is a mixture of 1, 2 and 3. But since there's a lot of material out there, a double album is something that could work best and showcase all the guitar players. I can believe, Axl wants to shelf everything pre-Slash. At least that's the dream anyways...

21 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

I'd like to hear all of those of course. But I doubt, they will ever see the light of day. Best guess is a mixture of 1, 2 and 3. But since there's a lot of material out there, a double album is something that could work best and showcase all the guitar players. I can believe, Axl wants to shelf everything pre-Slash. At least that's the dream anyways...

number 1 for me in case we never get a chi dem boxset lol... if it has to have some re-work from slash so be it but I wanna hear the songs from the nu gnr phase with bucket and or fincks work :):)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               2 and 3 are basically the same as totally reworked Chinese stuff with slash an duff would technically be new songs, cos they are "newer" songs.. 4 would be a hidden gem for sure!

That being said, I would also be hoping number 1 would involve joshs/brains drums on the chi dem tracks left on there as to frank re working them... nice guy but prefer the other two chaps style with that era/songs from the leaked demo's :):) 

7 hours ago, there is no dana only zool said:

My prediction is that it will probably sound reminiscent of the "good time" moments (like Bad Obsession, Bad Apples, Breakdown) on Illusions and Spaghetti (Human Being, Raw Power [yes, I know, covers, but])

God I fucking love Human Being. Spaghetti Incident is so underrated. 

Would love them to celebrate the anniversary with a tiny show playing just Spaghetti tracks and a couple of their harder tracks.

Stream it/release it for free money. But *sigh* it'll never happen.

1 hour ago, thelostrose said:

I would be stunned if Slash allowed any Bucket or Finck on any release.

I think everything would have to be reworked so it was only Slash and Fortus.

• Like 1

Actually it's gonna be the 5th option.

A "Frankenstein" of the above.

2 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

number 1 for me in case we never get a chi dem boxset lol... if it has to have some re-work from slash so be it but I wanna hear the songs from the nu gnr phase with bucket and or fincks work :):)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               2 and 3 are basically the same as totally reworked Chinese stuff with slash an duff would technically be new songs, cos they are "newer" songs.. 4 would be a hidden gem for sure!

That being said, I would also be hoping number 1 would involve joshs/brains drums on the chi dem tracks left on there as to frank re working them... nice guy but prefer the other two chaps style with that era/songs from the leaked demo's :):) 

Since I also like the NuGuns era I'm hoping for a release of those tracks with the original personal. Even if it's a boxset to end those times. It would be like drawing a line to separate it from the Slash II-era. But I fear that some kind of hybrid is probably the most likely thing to come out of it.

No. 4 is a dream which is just a silly daydream. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Susan is the one who broke the news of an impending tour and before that, of Slash and Duff returning. She is our most reliable source.

We now believe even more. Susan is better than the other one. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, chinese stew said:

I hope Axl gives up on the hip hop beats fiasco.

I mean there's room for those beats in rock music.

Look at what the Arctic Monkeys did with a bass and drums driven approach on AM, produced one of the classic albums of the 2010's.

• Like 2

Since I also like the NuGuns era I'm hoping for a release of those tracks with the original personal. Even if it's a boxset to end those times. It would be like drawing a line to separate it from the Slash II-era. But I fear that some kind of hybrid is probably the most likely thing to come out of it.

No. 4 is a dream which is just a silly daydream. 

This is how i feel as well. Release a box set to at least credit the nuguns lineup, and start a new chapter and new songs with this lineup.

Although a hybrid to at least test the waters and the band become familiar again.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

I still think the most likely scenario is that we only hear Bucket, Robin and Tommy (and Paul Huge, who actually did some pretty cool stuff on Chinese) if the demos eventually leak.

55 minutes ago, chinese stew said:

I hope Axl gives up on the hip hop beats fiasco.

Unfortunately I think Frank will be recording the drums.

I don't mind the hip hop beats that much, but I agree that he should not use them. But I think Frank did fine on the CD tracks he recorded. 

14 hours ago, fowlerisgod said:

No ...there can't be any trace of Bucket and Robin...that era is over.....get over it...I want a raw bluesy tone...the true follow up to the Illusion records

Sounds boring. I'd like a mix of the best material from the best musicians. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I mean there's room for those beats in rock music.

Look at what the Arctic Monkeys did with a bass and drums driven approach on AM, produced one of the classic albums of the 2010's.

One of the most dull bands I've ever heard in my life. I'd be devastated if GNR churned out anything as derivative as they manage. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

I can definitely understand all the talk about chinese leftovers.  no doubt it's a very valid topic.

does anyone wonder if there will be any Velvet Revolver left overs?  remember Scott turned away alot of instrumentals they wrote prior to Contraband as he said it "sounded too much like Bad Company".  Undoubtedly some of that stuff was probably written with Izzy. 

And I think there is post Libertad stuff- I think nearly a full album was recorded with Corey Taylor.  

anyone think any VR leftovers could be possible???

Do we know what tracks izzy hepled create or at least played on during the inital VR sessions?.

50 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Do we know what tracks izzy hepled create or at least played on during the inital VR sessions?.

I don't know exactly, but hopefully someone on here can help.

I believe Izzy helped with "do it for the kids" as the riff is similar to "bomb" which is on Izzy's Like a dog album from 2005.  I know they also wrote Snafu which Izzy ended up keeping and putting on the Like a Dog album as well.  

But I don't know for sure which other VR songs he helped write.  Seems like he kept most of his riffs for himself after the VR sessions.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

God I fucking love Human Being. Spaghetti Incident is so underrated. 

Would love them to celebrate the anniversary with a tiny show playing just Spaghetti tracks and a couple of their harder tracks.

Stream it/release it for free money. But *sigh* it'll never happen.

I would be stunned if Slash allowed any Bucket or Finck on any release.

I think everything would have to be reworked so it was only Slash and Fortus.

I never see HB being mentioned when people talk about STI. Those last 2 minutes are really, really awesome, My most listened to track from that album by a long shot,

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I thought AM (2013) was brilliant. It's not a band that churns out the same album over and over again. Much like Homme, they're interested in expanding their sound but it is quite different compared to their debut. Definitely not for everyone, even those who liked the sound they've started with. Not pure rock either. They always had interest in mixing pop with rock imo.

There was a few decent tracks on Humbug and AM, but for the most part I don't like what they did after Favourite Worst Nightmare. I didn't like Tranquility Base... at all. Credit where it's due though, a band expanding its sound isn't necessarily a bad thing, but they used to be a really good rock band.