The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

So with a "new" single being released, a chance of a new album is certainly in the cards. However, typically a  lead single is almost always immediately followed by an album release announcement. This is GNR so everything is off the table. Would have been something if an entire album just dropped at midnight though!

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Didn't Tommy say they had 22 (additional) completed songs after CD was out?

Axl said in the "chats" that OMG has been worked on post 1999 release, which we know to be true with the leaked version with Buckethead and Bumblefoot on it. But he also said it wasn't taken that seriously. It was a consideration for CD2 in early 2008.

If anything, it would be a cool bonus track, but I'd like for a proper version to be on an album or EP.

OMG with Duff and Slash on it……?

tenor.gif

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I honestly don't think GNR realizes how massive a new album could be, if it's good... Rock and Roll is sort of in the shitter right now. That's coming from someone that has multiple favorite bands that started in the year 2000-until now. There just isn't as much going on right now as there was like 10 years ago or so. A badass, catchy, but heavy album would be a massive thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mingsubu said:

They're old and way past their prime. Any new album will get little airplay and quickly forgotten about.

Stick to being a nostalgia act.

A new album wouldn't be about airplay or modern-day mainstream attention (thought it would get some, like the semi-reunion and NITL tour has).  It would be for rocks fans, rock history/legacy and GN'R fans

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

16 hours ago, Sweersa said:

My understanding is CD2 is very much like CD1, though a tad darker. So it will have a handful of some "big guns" on there along with some snoozers. 

From what I have heard, Soul Monster is a gem, and has (or had) some Bucket work that was amazing. I have been lead to believe Seven is good as well. If The General is half as good as many believe it is, then the three aforementioned songs along with Zodiac 13 (with a killer vocal track) and perhaps (hehe) a few others it should be a pretty good album. State Of Grace could be something special too, assuming it was finished. I just hope it's not as mixed as sloppily as Absurd, though that may have been an artistic intent, much like the End Of Days Oh My God.

Thyme is good too - hopefully that has been worked into something good.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PHARAO97 said:

I love how we expect a new album!

But let we dream

If the first track is a killer version of The General it would be awesome, or maybe a version of Thyme-PRL with a killer vocal and guitar track. Oh My God is already an oficial realese, i don´t think that it could be in the album.ircus is a killer track but it shouldn´t be touched.

The best songs to bee realesed can be:

1 The General 
2 Ides of March
3 Berlin
4 Soul Monster
5 Atlas
6 Perhaps
7 Seven
8 D Tune
9 Quck Song
10 Mothormouth
11 Hard Skool
12 Love It (State of Grace leak name)
13 Zodiac

Already, Eye On You, Moustache, Tonto, Dummy, Shuffle, Prom Violence and The Rebel could be included, and a remastered version of the records of A Beer and a Cigarette, Down on The Street and Ain´t Going Down of the UYI sessions...

What do you mean by 'Love It' (State of Grace leak name)?

I'm being *extremely* optimistic here in hoping that we got HS and SW (sorry, I mean Absurd) just because they know that we know them already, and the rest of a potential album... maybe at least half of it is new material we were completely unaware of.

Doubt it, though. :axl:

12 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

I'm being *extremely* optimistic here in hoping that we got HS and SW (sorry, I mean Absurd) just because they know that we know them already, and the rest of a potential album... maybe at least half of it is new material we were completely unaware of.

Doubt it, though. :axl:

That's a very good point. 

17 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

It’s pretty impressive that Chinese Democracy came out 13 years ago as the most expensive album ever made and Universal is still allowing Axl to spend more time polishing up the outtakes.

Would guess the label has more than made back their money when you factor in the Best Buy deal in 2008 along with any sales of GN'R stuff over the last 13 years, including reunion stuff such as the Appetite box set. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

A new album wouldn't be about airplay or modern-day mainstream attention (thought it would get some, like the semi-reunion and NITL tour has).  It would be for rocks fans, rock history/legacy and GN'R fans

If that was the case, they would have put out more albums. 

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

Was Thyme worked on by Marcus belltrami. Sorry, can't remember how his surname is spelt! He did seven, general and soul monster didn't he  

Yeah so I'm guessing he got the two minute keyboard tune sent to him and added strings etc.

13 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I don't think that they released Absurd means that we'll get a new album.

I mean it's the next logical step, but you know how logic works in GNR world.

I agree.

In fact, I think it's proof we won't.

I think they released that because it's one of the few he could get everyone else to work on without redoing any of his own parts.

State of Grace would need a new vocal take with the lyrics finished - so it's unlikely we'll hear that.

Maybe he'll put out Hardskool and Perhaps, then I think that will be it.  Vault emptied (unless you count instrumentals which had absolutely no input from Rose).

Maybe The General, however it's likely that that has 'scratch vocals'.  WFA claims that The General is actually is State of Grace and Evaders mix is inaccurate - say what you wan't about WFA but they had a real knack for getting inside info.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

I agree.

I think they released that because it's one of the few he could get everyone else to work on without redoing any of his own parts.

State of Grace would need a new vocal take with the lyrics finished - so it's unlikely we'll hear that.

Maybe he'll put out Hardskool and Perhaps, then I think that will be it.  Vault emptied (unless you count instrumentals which had absolutely no input from Rose).

Maybe The General, however it's likely that that has 'scratch vocals'.  WFA claims that The General is actually is State of Grace and Evaders mix is inaccurate - say what you wan't about WFA but they had a real knack for getting inside info.

The General has vocals. We don't need an "insider" to know that. It's clear from that cell phone recording, plus Axl wouldn't play a song with scratch vocals at a party with models.

It's also safe to assume that all "CD 2" has vocals.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

I agree.

I wouldn't say it's "proof" of anything. Of course, it wouldn't be illogical to think that it's all we'll get. I'm on the fence myself.

Logically, it would be they released this track to begin hype for a new album— but why this mediocre song? Maybe it was all they had ready and wanted to begin advertising. But like was said before, this is Gn'R and logic goes out the window.

Also, you're assuming that Axl hasn't done ANYTHING since those 2000 leaks. We know he did because some of the tracks that made it on CD are much newer. And I'm not defending Axl. I'm as disappointed as anyone else with the lack of releases. But I think his issue is more his incessant tinkering and insecurity than his lack of re-doing vocals. 

I'm sure there are plenty of other vocal tracks - it's just a matter of whether Axl will get over his fears and insecurities and give us something completely new. So far, the outlook isn't great. Of all the songs we could've got and he could have released as a single and "debut" (or re-debut) live, Silkworms? Hmmmm... I can't see how Slash and Duff could've thought, "Yeah! Let's release Silkworms, everyone will love it!"

• Like 1