The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

If the best of the unreleased material is reworked by Slash and Duff the way they managed to lift Silkworms, then I think the next album could be even better than Chinese Democracy :)

Slash just joined the band, he shouldn't get to dictate what music they make and release.

He certainly should have input.. He helped get the band off the ground.. He is working on his 6th year back in the band.. His return enabled the successful stadium touring..  This band would be long forgotten if Slash didn't come back.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

He certainly should have input.. He helped get the band off the ground.. He is working on his 6th year back in the band.. His return enabled the successful stadium touring..  This band would be long forgotten if Slash didn't come back.. 

All but the long forgotten bit. I think they were clearly on the downward trajectory but Axl would and will always will have attention and at least a few thousand fans I each country that want to see him. 

Slash should 100% have his say and contributions with this release it would be a huge mistake not to include some music that is  an original Slash idea... whether that's an idea from 1996 or more recent I don't care but it would be nuts if it's entirely music written by gnr 2.0

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Slash should 100% have his say and contributions with this release it would be a huge mistake not to include some music that is  an original Slash idea... whether that's an idea from 1996 or more recent I don't care but it would be nuts if it's entirely music written by gnr 2.0

Why would Axl want to waste any of his material that he has recorded over the last 20 years? That wouldnt make any sense to me either. 

• Like 1

The dude released one record in almost 30 years... The material is already wasted. Or here is a brilliant idea.. release a solo album.. Slash and Duff have done it since they have been back in the band.. Didn't some of the others as well? He can paste together tracks from 30 different years and 30 different musicians and it won't matter. 

Slash and Duff are back in the band.. It is just ridiculous to be releasing patching together tracks that were recorded over a decade ago written and performed by people that were never in the band with Slash and Duff..

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Why would Axl want to waste any of his material that he has recorded over the last 20 years? That wouldnt make any sense to me either. 

Some of it will be wasted anyway, like Going Down or the all Buckethead instrumentals in the Village leaks (supposing Axl did something with them later). There's no chance these will be on the new album.

An Ozzy type solo album would actually be a great idea for releasing the material that won't fit in a GnR album. But Axl won't do it. I don't know why he resents the idea of a solo album so much.

• Like 3

So I've been thinking about it..... 

What if we're just getting a live album with Absurb and HS as bonus studio tracks? 

This isn't mygnrCSI level stuff, but here's my case:

The soundboard audio of Madagascar (as seen/heard in the Social Media thread) 

Fernando confirming today that we're getting physical "vinyls" releases (as seen in the litho thread) 

Years of rumors that a live album / blu-ray is the next release coming

What say you mygnr? 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What if we're just getting a live album with Absurb and HS as bonus studio tracks? 

Fernando confirming today that we're getting physical "vinyls" releases (as seen in the litho thread) 

What say you mygnr? 

I'm in, for all physical formats!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What say you mygnr? 

Yes that is very plausible.

A live album with a couple of bonus tracks that didn't require any additional vocals is more probable that a studio album.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What say you mygnr? 

Sounds plausible, unfortunately. If they plan to put something out later this year, it would make more sense for them to release something like that since they won't be touring until mid-2022.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What say you mygnr?

a live album with these vocals would be a tough pill to swallow

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trin9498 said:

Most probable scenario is live album with bonus tracks HardSkool and Silkworms.

Absolute best we can hope for is 'new' album with the track-list I've posted many times. 

2 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

My guess is most or all vocals for a live album would be taken from the 2016 tour. 

Just now, Pele said:

Absolute best we can hope for is 'new' album with the track-list I've posted many times. 

That tracklist has been well circulated for several years and no one believes we're getting a studio album with a new version of Knockin that features vocals from 1999.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Some of it will be wasted anyway, like Going Down or the all Buckethead instrumentals in the Village leaks (supposing Axl did something with them later). There's no chance these will be on the new album.

There's always a chance.

10 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

LTD was the worst album of Slashs career in my opinion..

There's a lot of good on the record. Actually, the ballads on LTD are better than the rockers. "The One You Loved is Gone" and "The Great Pretender" are dope. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pele said:

Geez are they even done playing KOHD from that tracklist you've concocted in your mind?

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That's how we heard about Slash going at Axl's studio (and Slash confirmed it later), so I guess some recording took place.

image.png.39f65d8952c67e1c1d3d01bd15a13d

Yes, of course, that's likely. For example, a solo after the first chorus might already have been added. But, I don't know, the intro sounds to me like something Slash and Duff would come up with.

Maybe that's the day they recorded Absurd :lol:

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Absurd is the first time Slash uses a Silver Jubilee on a studio GNR release

Not true, KOHD is Silver Jubilee, maybe a few other tracks.

8 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Ah you had me up until there'll be another album down the line😄 I mean it is possible but we all know once this comes out they'll tour forever on it and by the end of that they'll be circling retirement.

Yeah I think whatever comes out will be it. I'm not sure they have time now to do another full record after finishing this one, unless they record all of it together, release half the songs as one record sooner, and the other half as another record later. 

7 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Is there a definitive gear list for what was used on which album? It's frustrating trying to piece this stuff together. Appetite was a modded SL Plexi, right? I thought I read that the Illusions were on the Silver Jubilee, but I guess not?

http://www.slashparadise.com/site/equipment-guitars-amps-effects-slash.php

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

An Ozzy type solo album would actually be a great idea for releasing the material that won't fit in a GnR album. But Axl won't do it. I don't know why he resents the idea of a solo album so much.

I think it's a little too late for an Axl solo album.

51 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What say you mygnr? 

I guess it's plausible, however, the soundboard audio doesn't mean anything imo because they can record any show just for archival purposes. Maybe they just decided to stick that in the video instead of something from AFD. 

19 minutes ago, Pele said:

Oh no here it is again :lol:

13 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

There's a lot of good on the record. Actually, the ballads on LTD are better than the rockers. "The One You Loved is Gone" and "The Great Pretender" are dope. 

I agree, LTD is a great record. Great songs and playing.

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

Why? I think he could do that if/whenever he wanted to, regardless of what the solo album would be (some CD leftovers, piano album, etc.)

Well he had like 20 years to do it. I think if he did one now people would just be asking "but what about new GnR record?"

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

Well he had like 20 years to do it. I think if he did one now people would just be asking "but what about new GnR record?"

I mean do both (GnR and solo), like many other musicians do. He could use some of the CD leftovers for GnR (plus some new songs) and the rest for a solo album.

• Like 3

Genuine question…

How would you all feel IF this was the album:

Guns N Roses - ‘Absurd’ (2021, Geffen)

1. Absurd

2. Hard Skool

3. It Tastes Good, Don’t It

4. Perhaps

5. Eye On You

6. Goin’ Down (Duff Vocals)

7. Atlas Shrugged

8. Oh My God

9. Rock The Rock

10. Crash Diet

11. State of Grace

All tracks use the previously recorded Axl vocals from 1999/2000 (except ‘Tastes Good’ and ‘Crash Diet’ which use an Axl vocal from the vault recorded back in ‘91 and ‘Rock The Rock’ has the 2017 vocal). Slash and Duff have been in the studio and obviously they play on them. Drum tracks are a mix of old Brain tracks and newer tracks from Frank, except ‘Crash Diet’, that ones got Matt on.

So yeah, if this was announced how would you feel? After everyone loving Silkworms I’m generally interested.

Edited by GNFNRUK
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

What say you mygnr? 

I’d say that would straight up fucking suck. No one wants to hear live tracks from the past 5 years. Axl hasn’t sounded awesome live since 2010. That would be a HUGE disappointment. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I’d say that would straight up fucking suck. No one wants to hear live tracks from the past 5 years. Axl hasn’t sounded awesome live since 2010. That would be a HUGE disappointment. 

I'd be wildly disappointed too. Just putting some pieces together and wondering if that's what is going to happen. 

• Like 3