The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

13 hours ago, Muddy said:

There’s a section on this message board for this kind of stuff , it’s called ‘Anything goes’. 

Lets keep discussion relevant .

You'll have to define 'relevant' in a thread about a fictional album.....

There is no news. Obviously. Just 'mindless bullshit'. Other than locking the thread with a giant 'no news' banner across it, it's going to be 'mindless bullshit' all the way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, vloors said:

My opinion. They need a proper producer that will step up to band members and say no "Slash that solo isn't good enough try this" and "no axl, pussy full of maggots and releasing this as a single is not good enough".

They need proper mixing/engineers and to work together and structure songs from the ground up. Forget the CD scraps.

My opinion is that the songs are absolutely good enough. The only problem with this band is that they aren't releasing enough music.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

My opinion is that the songs are absolutely good enough. The only problem with this band is that they aren't releasing enough music.

Exactly. 100% agree. For me, listen to that songs is better so far that no listen any song at all

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I can’t wait for the next excuse lol

If we’re being honest, a coherent explanation from GNR about the lack of new music is almost as rare as the music itself.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 2

A certain live audio clip has surfaced on the YouTube finally.  First time I’ve heard that before.  I know it’s been talked about for years but I never heard it way back when.

Edited by UYI4
  • GNFNR 1

20 hours ago, Shacklers Absolution said:

Just release the old finished stuff, stop fucking around trying to insert Frank, Slash, Duff and Melissa everywhere, keep what works. Harskoool is proof that they are just fucking up songs that where good.

Only way you would get that would be a CD box set I reckon with some unreleased tracks from old CD members. But even then Axl/Caram may fuck with the tracks.

Edited by vloors

20 hours ago, Shacklers Absolution said:

I honestly like the demo better, with that cool intro and the synths in main riff. It is just more interesting. Still it is baffling why they would choose such a sub-par filler song to usher in the new era of GnR. 

Yes, I feel Slashs playing on HardSkööl is lazy and ruins the energy of the song. The guitar work does not complement the vocals, the drums are way worse, I don't hear the bass except for in the intro with that cheesy stupid fucking awful skööl bell.

Just release the old finished stuff, stop fucking around trying to insert Frank, Slash, Duff and Melissa everywhere, keep what works. Harskoool is proof that they are just fucking up songs that where good.

a) I’d presume most fans haven’t heard the Village leaks, so HS etc. are new songs to them, and they have nothing to compare it with. 
b) I personally didn’t wait for 20 years for Slash (and Duff) to come back only to receive a "comeback" album featuring session/touring guitarists from 1999 instead. That makes zero sense. They're gonna be tweaking these songs, and in the best case scenario, adding some of their own. You’d better come to terms with this. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

The two songs they released are legit messy flops

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

b) I personally didn’t wait for 20 years for Slash (and Duff) to come back only to receive a "comeback" album featuring session/touring guitarists from 1999 instead. That makes zero sense. They're gonna be tweaking these songs, and in the best case scenario, adding some of their own. You’d better come to terms with this. 

I don't have to come to term shit!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, UYI4 said:

A certain live audio clip has surfaced on the YouTube finally.  First time I’ve heard that before.  I know it’s been talked about for years but I never heard it way back when.

What clip? Not asking for a link….just an idea on what to look for! 🤣

3 hours ago, vloors said:

The two songs they released are legit messy flops

Hard Skool is already more streamed on Spotify than songs like Perfect Crime, The Garden, Garden of Eden, Bad Apples, Reckless Life, Nice Boys, Move To The City, Mama Kin and You're Crazy (acoustic). Would you call all of those songs flops?

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

What clip? Not asking for a link….just an idea on what to look for! 🤣

Yea what a tease... just a better explanation would have been good.. no link sure.. but there's no rule saying, live the general gnr etc.. or something. Not sure why they posted the comment to begin with lol??