The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I would have preferred Slash stay out of GN'R. I like the direction of the "new band" with CD and wish they put out 2 or 3 albums before the reunion. The CD era got me into GN'R. The old stuff is amazing, no doubt, but that was then. GN'R evolved. 

Totally agreed, and I became a fan of GnR in 1988. I love the evolved GnR with Bucket, Finck, Brain and Stinson. Would happily give my left knacker for all their demos with vocals (always hated the left one anyway 🤣)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

They were legally GNR and that’s the end of it. Slash has taken Ashba’s spot. Ashba took Robin’s and he took Slash’s. As simple as that.

God i thought this bullshit debate ended more than a decade ago.

This. They're employers filling a role. Having been around with the CD era bands people should understand this. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

They were legally GNR and that’s the end of it. Slash has taken Ashba’s spot. Ashba took Robin’s and he took Slash’s. As simple as that.

God i thought this bullshit debate ended more than a decade ago.

I agree the debate is lame (always has been), but I still have to add that I see this a bit differently: Slash hasn’t "taken Ashba’s spot". Slash has returned to his own spot after being gone for 20 years, while it was filled in and occupied by various replacements. That’s a difference. As simple as that. :) 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Clearly you have more inside information?

Actually I don't, that's why I don't live in a fantasy world waiting DECADES for a band not to do anything!

Oh wait, this is not fictional, this is actually GNR!

23 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

How is it unrealistic that the band will drop more music considering we know they have worked on more and that the plan is to release more? Are people refusing to accept that more music could come just to not get disappointed if it doesn't? Is it some survival mechanism that prevents people from just accepting that it isn't unlikely it will happen, yet still being realistic enough to accept it might take a long time?

Tell me on realistic thing about this banda since 2008 regarding new music?

• Like 1

I could honestly and genuinely say that Slash and Duff haven't done anything interesting since Contraband (2004), Libertad (2007) is a good album but it lacks a fierce dog there.

If the meeting had taken place in 2006 I believe the chances of recording a great album with Guns would still be good.

Slash's solo career is cool, but that's about it. The two Snakepit albums sound more like Guns than anything he's done since.
I don't know much about what they still have to offer as members of the GNR. I liked the old CD lineup, they sounded good like a modern band.

Village's HardSkool sounds better and reminds me of the old days, but HardSkool with Slash and Duff sounds like a lazy band
I really wish they would release the Illusions pandora's box, I'm more interested in that than having a new album

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Tell me on realistic thing about this banda since 2008 regarding new music?

No, you tell me how it is unrealistic that a band that has worked on new music and had a plan to feed-drip us singles, and who released two singles last year, will release more singles. You can't argue that we have been in this position before and that they have failed to follow through. CD was released eventually, the remaining music, or at least those songs Axl wanted to release, has started to be released. It just takes much longer than what we want and what the band indicates. That is as expected. So again, how is it then unrealistic that additional songs will drop? I am not arguing tomorrow or next week or even later this year, just that they will come. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

They released two songs last year. Clearly you missed it living in the real world

TWO songs in 14 years!

WHO ARE YOU FOOLING?

33 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, you tell me how it is unrealistic that a band that has worked on new music and had a plan to feed-drip us singles, and who released two singles last year, will release more singles. You can't argue that we have been in this position before and that they have failed to follow through. CD was released eventually, the remaining music, or at least those songs Axl wanted to release, has started to be released. It just takes much longer than what we want and what the band indicates. That is as expected. So again, how is it then unrealistic that additional songs will drop? I am not arguing tomorrow or next week or even later this year, just that they will come. 

14 years = 2 reworked old songs.

I rest my case.

Edited by Legendador
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Legendador said:

WHO ARE YOU FOOLING?

14 years = 2 reworked old songs.

I rest my case.

Whether they are reworked or old is entirely irrelevant.

It's all about perspective, you can argue that if you look back to just after they released the last album, 14 years ago, the average output has been bad. And then you can alternatively take into account that Slash worked on songs a few years ago, that they have a plan now to release singles, and that this plan has been set in motion with two singles released as recently as last year. I mean, if you disregard all this and just take the average without looking at trends and evidence, then the situation now is like any other year since 2008 and it is every reason to be negative :lol:

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Totally agreed, and I became a fan of GnR in 1988. I love the evolved GnR with Bucket, Finck, Brain and Stinson. Would happily give my left knacker for all their demos with vocals (always hated the left one anyway 🤣)

I'll go in with you and donate half of my left nut. :D

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Taylor Hawkins plays on one song, but besides that I agree with everything you said. Surprised how well it holds up. Few filler moments but overall very strong, and Zakk played his first nice solo in at least 10yrs

18 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Taylor plays on 2 songs (Parasite and God Only Knows).

Ah, that’s right! Robert Trujillo sounds killer as well. Great album for a 70 something year old!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I did love the first Slash solo album with the varied singers. I know it's not universally loved here but that seemed like the last time he tried to be interesting as a guitarist and test himself writing different styles and trying to nail te guitar solos. the By the sword solo is fantastic. 

By far his best solo album! So many great tracks on it!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I did love the first Slash solo album with the varied singers. I know it's not universally loved here but that seemed like the last time he tried to be interesting as a guitarist and test himself writing different styles and trying to nail te guitar solos. the By the sword solo is fantastic. 

Agreed, great album and wonderful mix.

• Like 1