The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, betterman said:

Still no word from GnR camp on UYI box set, I start to believe the insider who said Axl wanted the CD tracks out first, maybe a compromise and everything will be relased. 

YCBM was released quickly by record company on tuesday not to compete with GNR the band putting out music on their own label this friday. Wishful thinking maybe..

There is no "insider". He made it up.

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Having 2 separate things released at the same time makes no sense. Except in GNR land, where it makes perfect sense. 

The fact that they haven’t promoted the boxset makes me think they will make a new release promote the box and vice versa. Let’s see

Can’t see they waiting a full week till next friday to promote this

• Like 1

Just now, patolea10 said:

The fact that they haven’t promoted the boxset makes me think they will make a new release promote the box and vice versa. Let’s see

Can’t see they waiting a full week till next friday to promote this

Yeah, this all seems like it’ll be part of the same roll out. Smart, actually. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If there's any people who are good at technology here (I am reading right now but I am not good at this stuff), Spotify uses an algorithim called "K Nearest Neighbor". I'm trying to read it right now and make any sense of it, will tell you if I can figure it out.

That's really cool but in essence it still says that you can't retrieve data about stuff that isn't public yet.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This wouldn’t really tell us if there was a new link ready though right? Hard Skool wasn’t “active” perse until that Friday but redirected to the GNR page instead of giving a 404, that was the tell.

I'd guess the redirection is already a sign that google could pick up that would justify a link being included in the results. For it to redirect, it means something is up, instead of nothing (which returns 404).

What I don't know is how that result would be indexed in the first place.

Here's a quick read I found on it:
https://support.google.com/programmable-search/answer/4513925?hl=en

So the link owner can submit an indexing request. If this is up to GNR/TB, I wouldn't count on it being done timely, but maybe it is a service provided by Linkfire.

Alternatively, "When Google visits your site, it detects new and updated pages and updates the Google index". This is probably done at regular intervals, though I'm not sure if daily, weekly...

1 minute ago, PrimalScream said:

I'd guess the redirection is already a sign that google could pick up that would justify a link being included in the results. For it to redirect, it means something is up, instead of nothing (which returns 404).

What I don't know is how that result would be indexed in the first place.

Here's a quick read I found on it:
https://support.google.com/programmable-search/answer/4513925?hl=en

So the link owner can submit an indexing request. If this is up to GNR/TB, I wouldn't count on it being done timely, but maybe it is a service provided by Linkfire.

Alternatively, "When Google visits your site, it detects new and updated pages and updates the Google index". This is probably done at regular intervals, though I'm not sure if daily, weekly...

I was actually going to type a bit more regarding the link tree.

IF there is something releasing, it's clear that it is not a new single, and would instead be an EP/Album (lol) that we don't know the title of as of right now. People found the Hard Skool link tree not from google, but by typing it in and finding the re-direct, which confirms it. Therefore, I do not think it would be showing up in the google results, as I don't remember anyone finding that during the Hard Skool research. I don't think Google will show that result until it's public. So theoretically there's some title out there that could confirm or deny our suspicions, but obviously this will prove impossible to guess, and I've tried many titles and variations of titles. 

4 minutes ago, PrimalScream said:

I've been trying many different combinations of the song titles as well :lol:

Yeah, the issue is it obviously could just be anything they felt like naming it. So if it's out there it's going to be virtually impossible to guess. Only speaking in theocraticals right now.

The safest bet to not get dissapointed: Nothing is coming out tomorrow in NZ, the band won't address the UYI box, and this was just pure entertainment. 

Slash was right about the UYI box, and I see no reason for him to lie about "a couple of singles". But it looks like the plans were clearly cancelled/discarded to focus on playing the hits. Now that you think about it, it didn't make any sense to be expecting to hear stuff like The General or Soul Monster out of nowhere in the middle of some 2022 South American tour??? Maybe I expected State of Grace, I posted a ton of shit in favor of the database theory over the last 80 pages🤣, but now the consensus is basically that it was just an algorithm thing right? 

• Like 1

Just now, Alejandro GNR said:

Someone in another GNR forum posted this:

"Just a small update, might not mean a thing.

"Going Down" is now listed on ASCAP, as well as a new song called "10%er". Both written by Tommy, with GN'R listed as the performer"

Could this mean something??? Anyone knows?

It was mentioned here as well, probably a few pages ago.

A question to ponder, on the topic of “Going Down”

Oh My God (for me at least) does not yield any GNR results on Spotify. Despite this being a song literally released under the Guns name. Going Down and Perhaps, both also talked about a ton, do not. Is there any logical reason that the 4 songs we have right now would yield Guns N’ Roses but not 3 that have been talked about as often or more than the songs showing up? Not to mention Soul Monster has been talked about way less than these in comparison. If this is an algorithm, how the fuck is this even happening? 

• Like 1

Sp1at update on Gnrevo, for what it's worth (basically nothing): There's nothing anywhere, but looks like an EP, and the UYI thing coming too, and everything marries with the Slash camp, just not on the timescale originally planned. It is just all about the vinyl. https://www.grammy.com/news/the-vinyl-s … e-industry

While I don't agree with those that feel like Sp1at is a "fake insider", as I don't think he's a liar, it's clear the contacts he does have are basically useless when it comes to getting us legit info. He said some months back he found GNR's contact at Universal, if that produces nothing at a time like this, well then his guess is really as good as ours on anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

A question to ponder, on the topic of “Going Down”

Oh My God (for me at least) does not yield any GNR results on Spotify. Despite this being a song literally released under the Guns name. Going Down and Perhaps, both also talked about a ton, do not. Is there any logical reason that the 4 songs we have right now would yield Guns N’ Roses but not 3 that have been talked about as often or more than the songs showing up? Not to mention Soul Monster has been talked about way less than these in comparison. If this is an algorithm, how the fuck is this even happening? 

This is the main reason I still believe something is planned for release on the next days/weeks. If I get some free time, I might try to search spotify for known upcoming releases to see up until when they show the artist as a result.

We know the Queen song that is supposed to come out this month gets results, but other songs on the UYI box due november get nothing, as well as the MJ album

5 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Sp1at update on Gnrevo, for what it's worth (basically nothing): There's nothing anywhere, but looks like an EP, and the UYI thing coming too, and everything marries with the Slash camp, just not on the timescale originally planned. It is just all about the vinyl. https://www.grammy.com/news/the-vinyl-s … e-industry

While I don't agree with those that feel like Sp1at is a "fake insider", as I don't think he's a liar, it's clear the contacts he does have are basically useless when it comes to getting us legit info. He said some months back he found GNR's contact at Universal, if that produces nothing at a time like this, well then his guess is really as good as ours on anything.

Playing the "insider game" is pointless with GNR. 

Your direct source could be Axl himself and you'll be wrong most of the time.  Things change rapidly with this band.  One minute something is a go and the next minute it's not happening.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

The safest bet to not get dissapointed: Nothing is coming out tomorrow in NZ, the band won't address the UYI box, and this was just pure entertainment. 

Slash was right about the UYI box, and I see no reason for him to lie about "a couple of singles". But it looks like the plans were clearly cancelled/discarded to focus on playing the hits. Now that you think about it, it didn't make any sense to be expecting to hear stuff like The General or Soul Monster out of nowhere in the middle of some 2022 South American tour??? Maybe I expected State of Grace, I posted a ton of shit in favor of the database theory over the last 80 pages🤣, but now the consensus is basically that it was just an algorithm thing right? 

But the thing is, nothing this band does ever truly makes sense. So yeah, I can totally see them dropping this box set and new music all at the same time and not promoting any of it.