The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That quote has been taken a bit out of context. Slash didn't literally say that they didn't know how to release music or an album;  he said that they were undecided about whether to release what they had as an album or as a different format because they had different people making different suggestions.

I still think it’s ridiculous however we’re gonna slice it, because it’s just excuses at the end of the day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

At this point, I'm starting to feel like our most realistic prospects for a new album are genuinely Axl dying and Team Brazil strip-mining the vault for every penny they can get.

I wonder if Axl has stipulations or other things in a will that would prevent such actions. 

3 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

where are the mods? we dont need/want this or any other GUNS page to turn to political BS.  Nobody cares who you vote for and both sides could care less about you, back to the musiuc

"Mods! Get that guy, get that guy! I'll take it goddamnit!"

Well, Chinese Democray is a political album, Civil War is a political song.

Axl is a political guy! So your point is waaaaaaaaaaaaay off!

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Legendador said:

"Mods! Get that guy, get that guy! I'll take it goddamnit!"

Well, Chinese Democray is a political album, Civil War is a political song.

Axl is a political guy! So your point is waaaaaaaaaaaaay off!

I could care less who Axl, you or anyone votes for.  I like the music.  You have no point

27 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

So you're saying that you care a lot? Got it 

I'm not going to carry on with the subject, not because it is not interesting to talk about politics and how does this affects the band, the fans, music, the world.

But because, not you, but the other part involved in this conversation is just mediocre.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

At this point, I'm starting to feel like our most realistic prospects for a new album are genuinely Axl dying and Team Brazil strip-mining the vault for every penny they can get.

That's what happened to Prince. It is a possibility.

What amazes me is to think how much material, that we don't even have a clue of, they must have. Like new / unreleased "finished" songs, alternate versions, videos, classic footage. I think, probably 10 years ago, there was a video snippet (i think five to 10 seconds) flowing around YouTube, with footage from a 1987 Halloween party and they were all in costumes. It was clearly from a VHS source.

Just image the holy grail being finally unveiled.

But I don't know, those damn Brazilians, are loyal as fuck!

40 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I'm not going to carry on with the subject, not because it is not interesting to talk about politics and how does this affects the band, the fans, music, the world.

But because, not you, but the other part involved in this conversation is just mediocre.

@jamillos get a grip, boy!

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

I bet the holdup is Axl simply not thinking the other tracks are “done” yet, for whatever crazy reason(s). That weird mania can be stretched to oblivion. 

I’m not sure the hold up is whether Axl thinks the tracks are done. My view is that Axl needs to wait for his muse to give him the mental go-ahead to release any new music. Sounds weird as fuck I know, but I genuinely believe this to be the case. We are all at the whim of Axl’s mood. It could be next week, or it could be two years from now.

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I’m not sure the hold up is whether Axl thinks the tracks are done. My view is that Axl needs to wait for his muse to give him the mental go-ahead to release any new music. Sounds weird as fuck I know, but I genuinely believe this to be the case. We are all at the whim of Axl’s mood. It could be next week, or it could be two years from now.

You’re probably right. It’s nutty as fuck, but I don’t know what else could be continuously pushing it off at this point.