The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_My_God_(Guns_N'_Roses_song)

Sean Riggs, Reed's roommate and occasional fill-in GNR studio drummer, assisted in writing the song.

Oh, thanks. In a way, that makes it even more ridiculous. Why would they put OMG on a new album now. But we could ask the same about Hard School etc. Nevermind. 

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Oh, thanks. In a way, that makes it even more ridiculous. Why would they put OMG on a new album now. But we could ask the same about Hard School etc. Nevermind. 

all the red flags only solidify its authenticity 

we got p huge and Riggs all over this thing, leaks on a subreddit, slash pick as proof, Fernando says it’s fake

this is GNR as f

Edited by Ant
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

We disagree about Hardschool. OMG is different because it was actually released, and as a single no less. Axl said he was unhappy with the final form during his chats, but I don't think it belongs on a new album, especially with there being so many other unreleased songs no one has heard.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

We disagree about Hardschool. OMG is different because it was actually released, and as a single no less. Axl said he was unhappy with the final form during his chats, but I don't think it belongs on a new album, especially with there being so many other unreleased songs no one has heard.

He said it was more like a demo and they didn’t take it too seriously. I do like the song, though, always have. 
But both these tunes are roughly from the same year, so regardless of the "single" status of OMG, which no one remembers today, I don’t know how I’d feel about these songs being on the album. On the other hand, if something from the NuGuns era should be there, why not these ones, right. It’s just that we already know them, and I’d prefer something completely unknown. I'm just riffing here. 
Anyway, I’m not paying any more attention to Reddit attention seekers. 

6 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Tobias all over the place, but no Robin and/or Buckethead? 

Actually I think this is the one thing that does makes sense and makes it "believable". Paul Tobias, although there is the history with Slash, SFTD etc., was kind of part of the classic GnR family tree early on, since the band had recorded two songs co-written by him. That would make his presence as a co-writer on an album marketed as "reunion album" more "legitimate" (and even acceptable by Slash) in comparison to an album featuring songs co-written by Buckethead and Finck.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Again supposing it's real for fun's sake: It doesn't have to be OMG, it could be something from the same sessions OMG originated, in which Riggs had participated. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, OMG wasn't co-written by Freese and Stinson (only Rose, Reed, Tobias and Riggs are credited as writers).

Riggs, as already mentioned by others, was Dizzy's friend and roommate at the time. But his story goes a lot back, he was the drummer in Dizzy's pre-GnR band Johnny and the Jaguars/The Wild, who lived next to GnR in the Gardners rehearsal space in 1985. 

In 1994/95, when GnR wasn't doing much, Dizzy (obviously to keep himself busy) was jamming with a loose club band consisting of old friends/bandmates, like Riggs, and friends of their friends. I guess most of those guys were struggling financially, so it seems Axl put them on a salary and got them to rehearse in the GnR studio with Paul Tobias, and if they came up with an idea he liked, he would use it for GnR. Chinese Whispers has called all that the "shadow band" or "shadow company," but I prefer not to use these terms because I think it makes it sound more serious/important than it really was.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"with the corona crisis, now is the perfect time to release an album"

chris cornell died. "why not release a new song, in his honor"

scott weiland died "now is the right time to release an album, as a tribute to scott"

#metoo crisis in full effect "now is the right time to release an album and sent a message about sexual abuse"

haha, everytime something happens, it's reason to demand an album / new song. As if GNR bother one damn fuck about all of this.

this is GNR's official policy, case you forgot:

"god knows you couldn't tell us what to do, we ain't gonna listen to nobody"

Edited by action
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, action said:

"with the corona crisis, now is the perfect time to release an album"

chris cornell died. "why not release a new song, in his honor"

scott weiland died "now is the right time to release an album, as a tribute to scott"

#metoo crisis in full effect "now is the right time to release an album and sent a message about sexual abuse"

haha, everytime something happens, it's reason to demand an album / new song. As if GNR bother one damn fuck about all of this.

this is GNR's official policy, case you forgot:

"god knows you couldn't tell us what to do, we ain't gonna listen to nobody"

You forgot the classic "a new single will be in the new Terminator film"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Fernando confirmed it's fake.

Where did he confirm this? As others have said, he is unlikely to say ‘oh well, yeah it’s real’. It probably is fake right enough but happy to be proved wrong and we could all do with some hope I guess.

It looks that the OP of every thread on reddit Fernando has replied to giving "information" gets deleted by its poster, so although the comments in the threads are still there, they don't appear on Fernando's profile. Maybe Fernando doesn't want Axl to find out what he posts? :lol:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It looks that the OP of every thread on reddit Fernando has replied to giving "information" gets deleted by its poster, so although the comments in the threads are still there, they don't appear on Fernando's profile. Maybe Fernando doesn't want Axl to find out what he posts? :lol:

How odd. I don't know anything about reddit at all though. I've only followed links posted here to Fernando's posts :lol: But what could be an explanation for that? Does it happen regularly? I mean, in other threads too?

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

At the end of the day, even semi productive artists do not have this lunacy in their fan bases. If Axl released something every now and then there would be no incentive/point for these trolls to make this shit up.

Absolutely untrue, just look up Arctic Monkeys and the guy that trolled them with the 'salt and milk' album.

Some people just love trolling.

18 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Where did he confirm this? As others have said, he is unlikely to say ‘oh well, yeah it’s real’. It probably is fake right enough but happy to be proved wrong and we could all do with some hope I guess.

https://old.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/g6u6kh/how_many_tuesdays_are_left/fodxeyz/

the Flebeis user (maybe)

Blows my mind that anyone would or could consider the possibility this is real!

Just LOOK at it people! Geffen logo badly superimposed, details wrong, release date a wednesday, the inclusion of a random setlist and guitar pick....and shoved on Reddit by someone who has never posted before. Not to mention the fact....what the fuck is it meant to be in the first place?! 

Honestly, if you give this one even a second thought then the let-down is on you. 

A bit depressing really that even one person, after all the bullshit trolling, time wasting, weirdos and false information we've been subjected to over the years, would give this obvious fake a second thought. 

Edited by allwaystired

12 minutes ago, Lio said:

How odd. I don't know anything about reddit at all though. I've only followed links posted here to Fernando's posts :lol: But what could be an explanation for that? Does it happen regularly? I mean, in other threads too?

I didn't follow reddit either before the whole thing with Fernando, and then the leaks, started, so I don't know much about how it's moderated etc.

From what I have seen, it has also happened in threads that had to do with the leaks and the war between "insiders"/hoarders, which makes sense. Maybe this picture of the supposed "new album" track list was reported as fake and the poster was asked to delete it. But the OP in the thread where someone just asked Fernando for an update on the album and Fernando replied "it's coming along" and all the other stuff has also been deleted by its poster.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Blows my mind that anyone would or could consider the possibility this is real!

Just LOOK at it people! Geffen logo badly superimposed, details wrong, release date a wednesday, the inclusion of a random setlist and guitar pick....and shoved on Reddit by someone who has never posted before. Not to mention the fact....what the fuck is it meant to be in the first place?! 

Honestly, if you give this one even a second thought then the let-down is on you. 

A bit depressing really that even one person, after all the bullshit trolling, time wasting, weirdos and false information we've been subjected to over the years, would give this obvious fake a second thought. 

let's us take it like a convinement game. And do critic if it was real ;)

sad sad game...

5 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Guys Fernando has already stated it’s fake 

but why the smiley ?  :(

7 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

let's us take it like a convinement game. And do critic if it was real ;)

sad sad game...

but why the smiley ?  :(

What's the point? Gives the sort of pathetic individual that does these things the oxygen they need to keep wasting their time on shit like this. 

They'll be reading this, getting the attention they want. 

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Absolutely untrue, just look up Arctic Monkeys and the guy that trolled them with the 'salt and milk' album.

Some people just love trolling.

https://old.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/g6u6kh/how_many_tuesdays_are_left/fodxeyz/

the Flebeis user (maybe)

The comments after his fake comment are pretty funny, “can we have a Chinese democracy yo-yo?”  Hehe

• Like 1