The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

24 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

One day he will deem a new record complete and at that point will other people know that GNR are about to release an album.

Trouble is, will anyone give a shit by that point. He’s making the exact same mistake he made with Chinese. The anticipation builds to the N’th degree and then the finished product can never live up to people’s expectations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Thanks!  

Yep definitely odd! Here's how it is on my screen. Totally different! 

https://ibb.co/28pr13w

This is really weird - and funny. Maybe it has something to do with the code of the Reddit phone app (I'm on a laptop) and it automatically creates a number list.

Anyway, in either case his answer doesn't mean much.

Just now, Blackstar said:

This is really weird - and funny. Maybe it has something to do with the code of the Reddit phone app (I'm on a laptop) and it automatically creates a number list.

It is! There's even confusion about Reddit posts! 

Yeah, you're right. Who knows?? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Trouble is, will anyone give a shit by that point. He’s making the exact same mistake he made with Chinese. The anticipation builds to the N’th degree and then the finished product can never live up to people’s expectations.

Yep

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

29 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Thanks!  

It shows up as 123 on my phone also.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

When asked I think you said that something was ready to drop before COVID arrived - was this going to be a tour single/EP or something else?

The answer Fernando gave was......

"We have talked about doing a live album from NITL tours. As for the rest. We haven’t really talked about others".

Isn't that all we need to know? There have been no conversations about new material. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Thanks!  

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Those were my questions 😂. On my screen it was listed 1-3 so wondered if 1 and 2 were cobbled together. Also, I added in question 4 later so wondered if that caused an issue?

Regardless, he was good enough to answer my questions so that’s cool. We might get a Live Era/CD vinyl rerelease which is good in my eyes! 😂

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2

Yeah I doubt we’ll ever get a Lies reissue cause of OIAM, but i can see TSI, Live Era, and CD (mistakes eliminated) eventually getting vinyl reissues themselves.

If the band were smart, they’d do a separate release of the LLAS vinyl and the B-Sides & EPs vinyl from the LNL box, just so that we can have most of the Lies songs (and more) commercially available on vinyl too.

A proper release of the mystic tape would also be nice.

i actually just asked him about all that on the reddit thread. Doubt he’ll reply, tho.

Edited by rocknroll41

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I doubt we’ll ever get a Lies reissue cause of OIAM, but i can see TSI, Live Era, and CD (mistakes eliminated) eventually getting vinyl reissues themselves.

If the band were smart, they’d do a separate release of the LLAS vinyl and the B-Sides & EPs vinyl from the LNL box, just so that we can have most of the Lies songs (and more) commercially available on vinyl too.

A proper release of the mystic tape would also be nice.

i actually just asked him about all that on the reddit thread. Doubt he’ll reply, tho.

Ha ha - I saw those questions (good ones BTW). To be fair, he responded to me so it possible he will respond to you too. 👍

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Ha ha - I saw those questions (good ones BTW). To be fair, he responded to me so it possible he will respond to you too. 👍

Thanks! Yeah I’d be interested to see if he answers my questions about the GH reissue (who’s idea was it, why, how involved was the band, and why add SOYL).

I also asked about the AFD era demos that didn’t make the box set (Pasha and Hell House). Hopefully we get those someday too!

Edited by rocknroll41

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Thanks! Yeah I’d be interested to see if he answers my questions about the GH reissue (who’s idea was it, why, how involved was the band, and why add SOYL).

I also asked about the AFD era demos that didn’t make the box set (Pasha and Hell House). Hopefully we get those someday too!

I somehow doubt he even knows what these are, but let's see :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Mistakes, plural? I'm aware of the vocal "scrape", but what other mistakes are there?

By the way - great suggestion to make the locked and loaded vinyls commercially available (at the moment the only way I can buy is if I pay $300-400 import duty).

13 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Mistakes, plural? I'm aware of the vocal "scrape", but what other mistakes are there?

By the way - great suggestion to make the locked and loaded vinyls commercially available (at the moment the only way I can buy is if I pay $300-400 import duty).

There are skips and stuff

and thanks! Yeah I hope they at least do that!

Edited by rocknroll41

He answered my questions. In short, this is what he said:

-No plans to break up the LNL box or (at the very least) release mystic separately.

-“We worked with what he had to make the best box set possible.”

-The GH reissue was the label’s idea, but the band was really into it.

He didn’t answer why SOYL was added to GH, or why no ChiDem songs were included.

• Like 1

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

He answered my questions. In short, this is what he said:

-No plans to break up the LNL box or (at the very least) release mystic separately.

-“We worked with what he had to make the best box set possible.”

-The GH reissue was the label’s idea, but the band was really into it.

He didn’t answer why SOYL was added to GH, or why no ChiDem songs were included.

Just saw he responded. 👍

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

Why does he lie? I mean, it's obvious why he's avoided answering that first question (because there never was anything planned and he was full of shit). But why lie about it in the first place? Nobody believed it anyway.

Because he is a cunt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 26/07/2020 at 2:03 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I’m not really sure if there’s enough good material from the cd2 tracks to warrant a full album, let alone a double.

If the village leaks are anything to go by, the only songs with “potential” are Hardschool, Atlas, Perhaps, and (assuming these all have lyrics now) Quick Song, Zodiac, Berlin, Curly Shuffle, Soul Monster, Mustache, and Tonto. All of the other ones sound too “pitman-ish,” or too “buckethead-ish,” and so on, if you catch my drift.

Then there’s also The General, which we haven’t heard much of but the little we did hear sounded promising. And then there’s Seven, which we haven’t heard at all yet but I assume it’s done, since people talked about it so much.

So there’s probably just BARELY enough good songs from the cd2 sessions to fill up one disc. So if the band wanted to do a double album, they better be ready to write plenty of extra songs!

You have heard a snippet of the material from the CD sessions, that snippet was unfinished too, so... you can't really be making full judgements on it. There was some clearly good and bad stuff, but there was 'Pitman' songs, well if you remember the first leak of chinese democracy the verses sounded far more experimental than the finished track. They could easily strip off the synth stuff and add some more Slashy riffs to almost any of those demos. Realistically all of those will be retracked though, so I really wouldn't be too attached to anything we heard.