The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

18 minutes ago, jamillos said:

In fact, Axl could do one album after another, but that would require him to tour less, think twice about the songs he selects for live performance, and focus more on releasing stuff (also getting professional management wouldn't hurt). It's not as bad as some seem to think, but a thing like this would need a substantive change of approach.

He nailed it in 2016, and the same could happen again, naturally. The Covid affair is complicating things, but on the ohter hand, it provides more time and prevents touring, which - in our case - is a good thing.

We may speculate here, but these guys apparently just won't accommodate to the internet culture and release stuff online, especially without competent management that would push them in such direction. So they've probably been taking their sweet time, laying poolside, drinking margaritas, and basking in their touring income. Don't see anything particularly wrong about it, except that we could have gotten at least some proper videos in the meantime, like old pro-shots etc. Same old... 

Wasnt that supposed axls intentions with CD and CD2?.. release CD , tour for abit then drop CD2 not long afterwards?. Keeping in mind this was during a time when axl felt inspired with the lineup as it was at the time.

In terms of new music, i think it will be hybrid. I understand marc canter saying axl feels like each new album should be an evolution. But i think theres room for experiment and to add the usual rockers from slash.I think axls over thinks because hes afraid of any new release to feel "dated". I hope we get a triple new album, but will most likely get one album.

Edited by Sydney Fan

I’m not really sure if there’s enough good material from the cd2 tracks to warrant a full album, let alone a double.

If the village leaks are anything to go by, the only songs with “potential” are Hardschool, Atlas, Perhaps, and (assuming these all have lyrics now) Quick Song, Zodiac, Berlin, Curly Shuffle, Soul Monster, Mustache, and Tonto. All of the other ones sound too “pitman-ish,” or too “buckethead-ish,” and so on, if you catch my drift.

Then there’s also The General, which we haven’t heard much of but the little we did hear sounded promising. And then there’s Seven, which we haven’t heard at all yet but I assume it’s done, since people talked about it so much.

So there’s probably just BARELY enough good songs from the cd2 sessions to fill up one disc. So if the band wanted to do a double album, they better be ready to write plenty of extra songs!

Edited by rocknroll41

33 minutes ago, Rovim said:

maybe it's best to just release a potential double album all at once so Axl doesn't get a chance to not be in the mood to release the second half.

:lol:

31 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Wasnt that supposed axls intentions with CD and CD2?.. release CD , tour for abit then drop CD2 not long afterwards?. Keeping in mind this was during a time when axl felt inspired with the lineup as it was at the time.

In terms of new music, i think it will be hybrid. I understand marc canter saying axl feels like each new album should be an evolution. But i think theres room for experiment and to add the usual rockers from slash.I think axls over thinks because hes afraid of any new release to feel "dated". I hope we get a triple new album, but will most likely get one album.

Yeah, but that was overall pain in the butt, as he said himself, so it could/should be different this time. Especially since the top hat man is back, who's not just a hired gun and his voice counts. 

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think the most important thing is that the quality is at least somewhat comparable to the rest of the albums in Gn'R's catalog. Like Faith No More's Sol Invictus or Tool's Fear Inoculum. It didn't fuck it up. Maybe less like Metallica's Hardwired. Double albums seemed to go over well for Metallica and Maiden fans. (The Book Of Souls)

at least when Slash says he's working on Guns stuff I can believe it and he usually comes up with a lot of ideas so I don't think lack of old or new ideas should be a problem.

maybe it's best to just release a potential double album all at once so Axl doesn't get a chance to not be in the mood to release the second half.

Hardwired was a great album

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

I have no idea what's going on in the mind of Axl Rose, but I think his intention is to release a Gn'R album that will fulfill certain criteria and I'm guessing those are:

1. the music and the lyrics should evolve in some way compared to previous Gn'R records (something Richard has alluded to recently)

2. the album can't be just another hard rock album without making any kind of meaningful (to Axl at least) musical statement, it should work as a complete piece, so every tune in it should play a part in forming a cohesive product. (Axl talked about looking at it like a painting in the past, every detail must fit or something to that effect)

3. maybe he wants it to be regarded as an important continuation in the Gn'R catalog, and to promote it in a big way with a huge tour so it has the best chance in succeeding commercially as much as possible but as always, it's only speculation.

I can see him thinking in this, he definitely talks like he thinks of gnr in terms of legacy rather than year to year. He doesn't want to just put things out to fill a space... which he has proven with epic waits and a tiny catalogue of music 😄 

Look, if he releases something I enjoy as much as CD then however long it takes so be it... like I said, I'm not waiting but I'm happy to listen to it when it arrives! 

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’m not really sure if there’s enough good material from the cd2 tracks to warrant a full album, let alone a double.

If the village leaks are anything to go by, the only songs with “potential” are Hardschool, Atlas, Perhaps, and (assuming these all have lyrics now) Quick Song, Zodiac, Berlin, Curly Shuffle, Soul Monster, Mustache, and Tonto. All of the other ones sound too “pitman-ish,” or too “buckethead-ish,” and so on, if you catch my drift.

Then there’s also The General, which we haven’t heard much of but the little we did hear sounded promising. And then there’s Seven, which we haven’t heard at all yet but I assume it’s done, since people talked about it so much.

So there’s probably just BARELY enough good songs from the cd2 sessions to fill up one disc. So if the band wanted to do a double album, they better be ready to write plenty of extra songs!

Don't forget there is the  94-96 session where there were completion of songs along with ideas for songs. 

1 hour ago, Trin9498 said:

There won’t be an album....good to be optimistic but not in this case. They don’t even do press...nostalgia which is fine...but to think they’re a creative entity now is silly in my opinion 

I respectfully disagree. We know that there is material for a new  album. Furthermore, do you think  Axl, Slash, and Duff will want TSI  to be  their last album together?! They know that they are getting up there in age. They'll get something out. 

17 hours ago, Rovim said:

I have no idea what's going on in the mind of Axl Rose, but I think his intention is to release a Gn'R album that will fulfill certain criteria and I'm guessing those are:

1. the music and the lyrics should evolve in some way compared to previous Gn'R records (something Richard has alluded to recently)

2. the album can't be just another hard rock album without making any kind of meaningful (to Axl at least) musical statement, it should work as a complete piece, so every tune in it should play a part in forming a cohesive product. (Axl talked about looking at it like a painting in the past, every detail must fit or something to that effect)

3. maybe he wants it to be regarded as an important continuation in the Gn'R catalog, and to promote it in a big way with a huge tour so it has the best chance in succeeding commercially as much as possible but as always, it's only speculation.

There won't be a new GNR album with new material any time soon. Mainly as i remember Axl's own words

Edited by Route66

3 hours ago, Route66 said:

There won't be a new GNR album with new material any time soon. Mainly as i remember Axl's own words

yes, Axl said in the China Exchange interview that "soon is still not the word" iirc. (and that was 4 years ago) but I wasn't talking about anytime soon and in my post you've quoted, I've speculated what I think Axl's standards are when it comes to every new Gn'R album.

so if that's how it is, no wonder it takes him many years to release new music. I guess he overthinks it cause maybe the studio albums means a lot to him while touring is just a means to an end.

besides, the last time Axl addressed what seems to be this matter was in Hawaii (December 8 2018?) and he said something like "we first gotta finish this" (the tour) so maybe the reunion tour was the only goal for the most part in the last 4 years and now they're focusing on working on the album.

Edited by Rovim

8 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

It’s one of their best and the fact that Metallica wrote those songs in their mid 50’s is incredible. If GNR could release an album with the same quality I would be thrilled. 

It’s great. Some absolute crackers, some really good and just a couple of duffers which at this point in the game is very good. Was listening to Spit Out The Bone last night actually - quality! 🤟

I've heard there'll be a song on the new album called "Fernando's Morning Alarm-Clock Tune", and the lyrics go something like this:

Take them down, all those Youtube vids

Such as Paris, Chicago, or New York Ritz

I want you please take them down, yay yeah!

Stay tuned for this Walmart / Taco Bell exclusivity. Release date tba. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watch Metallica Live in Irvine Tonight at 8 PM EDT / 5 PM PDT on YouTube & Facebook!

I know, I know MetallicA blah blah.....but still, this will be awesome and something GNR really could/should do with a minimum of fuss. 🙄

#METALLICAMONDAYS GETS BUSTED BY SECURITY TONIGHT AT 5 PM PDT / 8 PM EDT

Tune in tonight for free on YouTube or Facebookto catch Live in Irvine - September 23, 1989 , the final show on the North American leg of the Damaged Justice tour. Filmed by the infamous Otto Weyer on Lars’ personal camcorder, the recording begins from the side of the stage before he moves out into the crowd and is subsequently (though briefly) busted by security. The footage has been paired with soundboard audio so, while the video will have a bootleg look and feel, it will still sound awesome!

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

So, the 27th Is nearly over here in Europe and nothing happened. This Is becoming ridicuolos and otrageous.

I agree. Ticketmaster informed people there would be an update today...yet have completely ignored that promise. Absolutely unacceptable on every level. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 3:44 AM, Rovim said:

On 7/26/2020 at 3:52 AM, gavgnr said:

There’s a part of me that thinks Axl suspects it’s probably going to be the last GNR album and wants it to be ‘perfect’ but then common sense kicks in and I remind myself it’s just a record, you know, a bunch of songs packaged together. It shouldn’t  be rocket science 

Why does he have to overthink it so much? It doesn't have to be such a grand statement.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:58 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Would love for GNR to release a new album, so it can knock off those pop singers from the charts. lol

I agree.