The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

At least there is confirmation there is a live release in the works. Also when asked about the pressures of a new album, he responded:-

There’s no pressure, Axl and the guys are working as you know. All is in great harmony.

13 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

At least there is confirmation there is a live release in the works. Also when asked about the pressures of a new album, he responded:-

There’s no pressure, Axl and the guys are working as you know. All is in great harmony.

Where did he say this????? I didnt see it on reddit

45 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

He answered my questions. In short, this is what he said:

-No plans to break up the LNL box or (at the very least) release mystic separately.

-“We worked with what he had to make the best box set possible.”

-The GH reissue was the label’s idea, but the band was really into it.

He didn’t answer why SOYL was added to GH, or why no ChiDem songs were included.

As I understand it, he answered your fourth and fifth question together, and included the addition of SOYL in the answer that the GH hits reissue was the label's idea:

4/5. The label’s idea that the band really liked and was happy to make it onto unreleased format.

Although he answered all your questions, I still think he doesn't know what the Pasha Studio demos are :lol:

24 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Where did he say this????? I didnt see it on reddit

Elirockinglife 4hr

Hi Fernando! Hope you and your family are doing well during these difficult times. We all know how fans feel about the wait for a new album. That's what we all want. But I would like to know how the band and management feels about it. Do they feel pressured by the fans? Or maybe they feel reassured that what they release in the future will not disappoint the fans?

flebeis

1h

Hi, thanks for the message. I hope you and yours are safe and sound. 

There’s no pressure, Axl and the guys are working as you know. All is is in great harmony.

Edited by DTJ80

it really leaves me a bit speechless that some are desperately hanging on to what Fernando is telling on reddit, as if it's something serious to believe at !?wake up please :facepalm:

Edited by EricA
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

As I understand it, he answered your fourth and fifth question together, and included the addition of SOYL in the answer that the GH hits reissue was the label's idea:

4/5. The label’s idea that the band really liked and was happy to make it onto unreleased format.

Although he answered all your questions, I still think he doesn't know what the Pasha Studio demos are :lol:

Haha yeah he probably didn’t know what I meant by Pasha or Hell House. Oh well. I’m still hoping the Hell House stuff is somehow included in a potential UYI box, at the very least (it would fit better there anyways).

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Haha yeah he probably didn’t know what I meant by Pasha or Hell House. Oh well. I’m still hoping the Hell House stuff is somehow included in a potential UYI box, at the very least (it would fit better there anyways).

Maybe there are ownership/copyright issues with the Hell House demos, though, and they're owned by the West Arkeen estate.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe there are ownership/copyright issues with the Hell House demos, though, and they're owned by the West Arkeen estate.

Good point. Oh well :/ hopefully the UYI box (assuming it still happens) will still have some cool stuff on there.

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

this has me highly suspicious. I have learned that if someone tells you something  ie "im very smart", regardless of if they were asked or not, they are always dumb as shit 

the great harmony part makes me think the guys are having huge creative differences and are unable to come up with any material they can mutually agree on.  

I obviously have nothing to base this on, other than what we learned about what was going on with this same crew in the mid 90s, you know, when they told us everything was great (at that time)

• Like 2

Just now, Chester 524 said:

this has me highly suspicious. I have learned that if someone tells you something  ie "im very smart", regardless of if they were asked or not, they are always dumb as shit 

the great harmony part makes me think the guys are having huge creative differences and are unable to come up with any material they can mutually agree on.  

I obviously have nothing to base this on, other than what we learned about what was going on with this same crew in the mid 90s, you know, when they told us everything was great (at that time)

Very good point. One would hope things are different now than they were in 1994-1996, but you never know.

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

There are skips and stuff

and thanks! Yeah I hope they at least do that!

Hi - are you talking about the initial CD vinyl release (which had issues), or the overall release (the only issue I know about is in Scraped)? Where are there skips other than Scraped?

Not trying to argue. Generally interested if I've missed something. 

7 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

History tells us to be suspicious (totally understand that) however I didn’t take that as a negative to be honest. Maybe I have a too-optimistic view on things....😂.

All the snippets (Slash at Axls house recording, Susans statement Slash confirming at that guitar conference that the original Appetite was used in recordings recently etc) make a me think it’s more positive than negative.

Of course if there was something more concrete to go on officially then this goes away.  Can you imagine the buzz if there was a 10-sec snippet of something new playing on their Twitter?!?! 🤯

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

Double post 🤬

Edited by DTJ80

So a live album from the NITL Tour is comin'? or in plans? I hope they doing it right. They can put the best peformance of each song on the album. I'm fine with it. But i have the feeling it will be re-rorded like Live Era.. meh

22 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

So a live album from the NITL Tour is comin'? or in plans? I hope they doing it right. They can put the best peformance of each song on the album. I'm fine with it. But i have the feeling it will be re-rorded like Live Era.. meh

The thing is, the question was about a video if I understand it correctly (he did mention Ritz 88), whereas the answer said "a live album", which may mean audio only. I'm not happy about that (especially if they choose anything but 2016). 

Edited by jamillos

I decided against pulling the trigger on the things I wanted to ask, but it is incredibly poor on their part if they didn't plan on recording a few shows professionally with the intention of releasing to celebrate and capitalize on the huge success of the Not In This Lifetime Tour. We know of at least 2 that were professionally filmed, but Fernando stated a few years back that the Troubadour was only filmed for personal use only and there were no plans to release it.

I think we can write off this year for new music and sadly the vast majority of next year, as I can't see them releasing something outwith the Christmas market. 

16 minutes ago, Dean said:

I decided against pulling the trigger on the things I wanted to ask, but it is incredibly poor on their part if they didn't plan on recording a few shows professionally with the intention of releasing to celebrate and capitalize on the huge success of the Not In This Lifetime Tour. We know of at least 2 that were professionally filmed, but Fernando stated a few years back that the Troubadour was only filmed for personal use only and there were no plans to release it.

I think we can write off this year for new music and sadly the vast majority of next year, as I can't see them releasing something outwith the Christmas market. 

I guess we don’t know what the trigger was for the NITL release he has confirmed. It SHOULD be a given that one of the biggest tours in history has a documented release.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Hi - are you talking about the initial CD vinyl release (which had issues), or the overall release (the only issue I know about is in Scraped)? Where are there skips other than Scraped?

Idk I actually don’t have the vinyl. Just heard that there are mistakes all over the vinyl version of the album lol.

4 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I have an American pressing and the only issue I was aware of was the ‘inner groove distortion’ meaning some tracks sound dreadful. I wasn’t aware of any Scraped skips?!

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Idk I actually don’t have the vinyl. Just heard that there are mistakes all over the vinyl version of the album lol.

I've only listened to my vinyl a few times, and I'm not knowledgable enough to explain specifics issues, but there were many moments that just sounded ... off ...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I've only listened to my vinyl a few times, and I'm not knowledgable enough to explain specifics issues, but there were many moments that just sounded ... off ...

You’d think Axl would care about that sorta thing, but I guess not lol.