The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I assembled a kickass 2000ish version of the album to burn on a CD for my car from the locker leaks.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Hardschool

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Perhaps

5. If The World

6. The Blues

7. Catcher

8. There Was A Time

9. Riad

10. IRS

11. Madagascar

12. Eye On You

13. Silkworms

14. Prostitute

I only left out State Of Grace because of the unfinished and rough vocal cut, same with Quick Song, Silkworms barely made it. 

38 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I assembled a kickass 2000ish version of the album to burn on a CD for my car from the locker leaks.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Hardschool

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Perhaps

5. If The World

6. The Blues

7. Catcher

8. There Was A Time

9. Riad

10. IRS

11. Madagascar

12. Eye On You

13. Silkworms

14. Prostitute

I only left out State Of Grace because of the unfinished and rough vocal cut, same with Quick Song, Silkworms barely made it. 

I'm so sick of everything Chinese Democracy related 🤣

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/taylor-swift-new-album-folklore-release-date-1032962/ 

How disrespectful, the worlds biggest solo artist is releasing a surprise new album! Has she not spoken to Fernando? 

My bet would be her manager's name is Fernandon't. You know, so that the tradition of doing the very opposite could be upheld. 

• Like 1

Myles has somehow found a way to start work on a new album - https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/myles-kennedy-has-written-a-full-on-motown-style-song-for-second-solo-album/

He said he recorded demos and started pre-production with the producer, Elvis. So it is possible if your name isn't Axl. 

"'Year Of The Tiger', first of all, is a very dark record, and it's very stripped down, very acoustic based," he explained. "This one has elements of that. I wanted to keep a common thread with it. There are acoustic elements. There's definitely still that element of a lot of slide guitar, a lot of lap steel, 'cause I just love how emotive both those are. But it definitely rocks a little more. There's no doubt about it — this is more of a rock record, with kind of a heavy R&B undercurrent at times as well. There's even one song — if it makes the record — which is a full-on Motown thing.

"I've got so many [songs] right now," Myles added. "[The overall direction] is really gonna depend on what makes the record. I think I learned that from David Bowie interview, where he [said he] would try and write… He'd have 40 songs to choose from [for an album], so that way you can make the best statement you can."

Edited by MidnightToker

Who’s taking bets on whether there’s a 2020 release? What are the perspective odds? 

Im guessing as the end of the year approaches we will get some news from the GNR camp about the album being in the final stages of completion or possibly the dreaded “finishing touches” are being done. Hoping to be out in 2021. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Who’s taking bets on whether there’s a 2020 release? What are the perspective odds? 

Im guessing as the end of the year approaches we will get some news from the GNR camp about the album being in the final stages of completion or possibly the dreaded “finishing touches” are being done. Hoping to be out in 2021. 

The locker leaks was the end.  Thank you Rick for take care of us!

15 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Things no GnR fan wants to hear ever again from the GnR camp:

- soon

- a little patience

- finishing touches

What else?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokingarthur said:

Tbh I think it's pretty clear that they are working on stuff. Ideally we'd see something released this year but I won't hold my breath. 

But the lack of any official communication on the state of new material is just shoddy.

We should have at least got a photo of Axl and Slash jamming together. Can you imagine the reaction to that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Things no GnR fan wants to hear ever again from the GnR camp:

- soon

- a little patience

- finishing touches

What else?

- Fam

- Looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard 

- Fernando 

Edit: I mean, Roberto is fine, Ale- Alejandro is fine, but no more Fernando, please. And I used to have nothing against that name...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Tbh I think it's pretty clear that they are working on stuff. Ideally we'd see something released this year but I won't hold my breath. 

But the lack of any official communication on the state of new material is just shoddy.

We should have at least got a photo of Axl and Slash jamming together. Can you imagine the reaction to that?

In contrast, the communication just issued by the guys ready to move forward with the Reckless Road website was EVERYTHING we don’t get from GNR. Clear, concise and answered everything we could have asked.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jamillos said:

- Fam

- Looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard 

- Fernando 

Edit: I mean, Roberto is fine, Ale- Alejandro is fine, but no more Fernando, please. And I used to have nothing against that name...

- f'n 

- soon

- sooner than soon

- adding the brazillian flag after each post. I thought gnr are an american band?. Are the only gnr fans in brazil?.

- "fam" has to go :facepalm:

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Jarmo believes no new music this year cause what's happening in da world

I did a quick reread at his forum (since i don't follow his useless blabla), all he does is excusing every critical post about no new music, with the same dumb reasons Fernando is claiming all the time. So Jarmo knows shit, and what he believes is not from any matter.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Jarmo believes no new music this year cause what's happening in da world

Although regarding Jarmo, it doesn't take a crystal ball to guess that the band that has only released one album since 1993 would probably not release a new album in 2020 :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, EricA said:

I did a quick reread at his forum (since i don't follow his useless blabla), all he does is excusing every critical post about no new music, with the same dumb reasons Fernando is claiming all the time. So Jarmo knows shit, and what he believes is not from any matter.

Yes, this is what I believe also. Jarmo also was very sure we would get something in the winter :D And we didn't even have this pandemic yet