What is the chance the 2021 US summer dates are played?

0.0 chance of it going on in a “normal” fashion. If it’s outdoors it could potentially be modified to allow for social distancing but that would limit capacity. While a vaccine should be available by next summer the covid thing will not be over by any means. But I could be wrong🤷

• Like 2

UK shows I'd say are a very very slim chance now, but a lot of that is due to the catastrophic Government. The US have some pretty solid leadership and a firm handle on the virus thanks to a very stable genius, so I imagine it will be back to normal next week.......oh. hold on........

I wonder if they'd reschedule again, or admit defeat? They won't cancel until a week or so before the first date of the leg, so it's a long wait to find out. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I’m really hoping this tour hits the road. Is anyone on this forum skeptical?

At this point I'm beginning to think it's comical how these promoters put on new shows for next year and think they will take place. I know, that's what they have to do, just in case shows can take place, but somehow I doubt they will. I will be glad to be wrong though.

• Like 1

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

At this point I'm beginning to think it's comical how these promoters put on new shows for next year and think they will take place. I know, that's what they have to do, just in case shows can take place, but somehow I doubt they will. I will be glad to be wrong though.

Yeah, there's some very surprising things going on. Tours are getting booked in for early next year. I suppose it's a case of just getting people's money in the bank at this stage and worry about rescheduling later down the road. I suppose I find it more surprising if people are buying tickets to things. I wouldn't buy anything right now. 

14 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

If we have to wait until 2023 do you think they will still have a big enough audience espcially if there is no new music?

Big question. There wasn't much demand for this tour really....but another couple of years, who knows? Could renew demand and make people forget it's the same show again (if it is) but by that point there will be many, many other bands competing for people's money, so things could be spread thin and I'm sure GNR won't be a priority for many. 

If it all did get rescheduled to 2023 though I think justifying a lack of new material would be very difficult. 

40 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

If audiences haven't been able to go to shows for 3 years, there will be big demand.

But also a big supply. Of bands having been releasing new stuff and videos throughout the lockdown, with good PR etc., unlike GN'R. And people will have to choose because of this big supply and maybe because of less money due to the situation. So it's not as simple as one might assume. 

• Like 1

Will they do yet another round? Likely. Will it sell? Sure thing. Will I attend? Fuck no.

People in general might just be a little more selective about what acts they spend their money on for tickets, merch, travelling and commodation.

Like many artists, lots of "normal" people now are facing financial to existential struggles, lots of self employed and small business edging ruin due to political imcompetence and lack of a strong social and cultural foundation and safety nets. The pandemic is one thing, the steady move towards a different system that is being implemented behind the pandemic is another.

I for one will remember who was there with a little something (living room concerts, new music, opening the vaults...) when it all broke down and who wasn't. While Axl was busy bashing the american president with his passive agressive shallow one liners on Twitter, many other artists have provided me with such little something to at least try and help ease these hard times and make it a bit more bearable if only for half an hour.

I have seen GNR quite a few times in person, often travelled halfway across Europe just to see them and I enjoyed every bit of it. But I'm not gonna spend a single penny on them if they come up with same old same old wich is very likely all they might have left to offer. And boy would I have appreciated a little food for different thoughts or just plain entertainment from them, after all that's their choosen job, their gift and their purpose in this society isn't it? They can do whatever the fuck they like but better no expect me to condone silence and give value to stagnation and repetition. I listened to Chinese Democracy the other day and while some parts brought tears to my eyes others just made me wanna call old friends, start a revolution or deeply reflect on my own life. Compared to that, those NITL selects were just utterly depressing and useless for me.

At the end of the day, I think the entire industry will be changed once again and not for the better. Supporting small venues and local or lesser known artists might be the only way to save music culture as we know it unless we want only the 50 pre-choosen or ever same artists and 3 companies dominating the cultural landscape for decades to come after the pandemic. For me, personally, GNR won't be part of that new world as they opted to not be part of the current one. They can just go fuck themselves and live happily everafter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, soon said:

I really doubt large shows will take place next summer in US.

Us live music fans should be the most diligent at wearing masks, social distancing and staying home. That’s how we get back to seeing live shows ASAP.

Absolutely. Although some of the purveyors of live music (Ian Brown, Noel Gallagher, Van Morrison etc) seem to think the whole thing is a hoax, so we might all be doomed if anyone listens to those clowns! 

• Like 1

To think I was optimistic about the SA shows going ahead this year...

I'm on the fence currently, it'll be 2021 before we know it and the UK seem to be trying to delay large crowd gatherings at public events and even in the work place for another 6 months (rightfully so), so it does lean toward it not looking promising, at least for the European jaunt.

• Sad 1