GNR members shaving

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I once had a ''beard-off'' with colleagues at work to see who can go the longest without shaving. We looked like complete bums, good thing we didn't have customers come in at the office!

Hahaha, love it! Re-wilding the office environment!

See that seems like a pre covid thing to me. Because here we wear masks and my beard looked weird sticking out around the mask! Now I have to keep it clean and tight or else it looks like I have a squirrel under my mask!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Hahaha, love it! Re-wilding the office environment!

See that seems like a pre covid thing to me. Because here we wear masks and my beard looked weird sticking out around the mask! Now I have to keep it clean and tight or else it looks like I have a squirrel under my mask!

I bet you're rocking it, though! You guys up there in the Great White North are real men,

Brilliant Beards #7 | tim's daily beard

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think you’re thinking of Jerry Seinfeld.

Definitely not, I don't like that guy. Might have been either George Carlin or some young comedian (even if it wasn't the first time someone talked about this on stage). 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 11:18 AM, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

Like mentioned, Duff can't grow a beard :lol: I don't think Steven can either. Come to think of it, I rarely see blonde guys with a full beard.

I haven't been able to grow anything on my head since I was 16 years old. So I'm glad I have a beard.

GnR have NEVER MADE SENSE, in a comical way on things. Way  back  when in the AFD, UYIs, under the influences,  30-35 years ago, yeah, they managed to get some shaving cream and a  Bic , at least. Shave. Maybe other things let go,  like  them all getting  uuhhh, ummm , STD of crabs , but hey, they liked a fresh, nice shaved face. I guess that was impt. 

Axl looked  really good in his younger day lightly bearded.
Slash, looked scruffy ,  but good.  Kind of sexy there. Danger sexy,  lol. 

Steve , he has morphed into looking like a  look- a- like brother of  DavidCoverdale and Robert Plant. The pic from bearded Steve there on his Instagram , too funny. Same short  hairs  beard and color of his pet dog.

Matt has been slightly bearded during UYI or VR years. Good. He could carry one thing he does not carry is weight. He looks better now than he did younger and heavier body build. He has aged backwards, lol, of all of them. 

You guys unearthed one pic of Duff with stubble....ehhhhh, not becoming one him.

Izzy . No. He tried, but no. There is a pic or two with him not shaven , ummm, no. He was one of those looking like he had a dirty face instead of a beard. 
6514d62c3712d7c61ec0b4df41da0c51.jpg

Gilby, A- Ok. Moustache.

We truly have nothing to post about and come up with odd stuff.:D funny.

20 hours ago, Original said:

Does Beta shave too?   I’d bet laser hair removal. 

You so wrong for that. :D

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

Slash would be an absolute god looking like that. ^ :shock:

Team beard for Slash, that looks cool as fuck! 

Axl looks like a hobo. Duff thinks he is  punk as fuck, therefore  he can't have a beard.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I first thought that we would finally read the secret of Frank's bald head. 

HAHA, did you see how they rendered Franks bald head on teh updated cross for the pinball machine? They make his beard go up so high on the side of his head that it look like hes only bald on the very top of his head. More of an old man look than a rock star look :lol:

59 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

So he has already grey hair. Look at the hairline. It's grey.

Yeah, it's been that way for a while. But I think he dyes it on the road because it's only seen when he's been at home for a long period

On 10/5/2020 at 9:27 AM, allwaystired said:

Bear with me on this one......desperate times call for desperate talking points! 

It's always baffled me how Duff and Slash were always clean shaven, despite the levels of alcohol/drug excess that were going on. We know about the amount they were drinking, the state they were in etc.....yet they always seemed to manage to shave! 

This has long baffled me. Surely, drunk as Duff was, you'd think any attempt to shave would have resulted in disaster...and that they simply would have stopped bothering. You see Duff looking bloated, unwell, trousers undone, but clean shaven. How?! 

Has anyone else ever thought about this? Are there photos out there in which they have stubble/beards? 

They were massive alcoholics, and needed to drink in the morning, or whenever they woke up, just to function. IE: Get out of bed.   Duff probably shaved on the day of a concert after he had a good buzz on.  Shaving sober would probably be difficult.  See the movie "Leaving Las Vegas" Nic Cage's charachter goes to the bank to cash a check, sober.  He can't sign it, because of the shakes.  Goes to a bar, has a few drinks, goes back to the bank and is steady as a rock.  

4 minutes ago, JONEZY said:

They were massive alcoholics, and needed to drink in the morning, or whenever they woke up, just to function. IE: Get out of bed.   Duff probably shaved on the day of a concert after he had a good buzz on.  Shaving sober would probably be difficult.  See the movie "Leaving Las Vegas" Nic Cage's charachter goes to the bank to cash a check, sober.  He can't sign it, because of the shakes.  Goes to a bar, has a few drinks, goes back to the bank and is steady as a rock.  

I've done a fair bit of binge drinking in my days, but aside from the occasional weekend binge it's usually a beer or two every other night.

I've experienced vomiting, being hungover until the next night, and even passing out from alcohol abuse, but thankfully never regular enough to need or want to drink again the next morning, or getting the shakes. The idea of drinking again during a hangover in the morning makes me want to puke. Haha

8 hours ago, JONEZY said:

I think LLV was his best acting ever. Great movie in general, too. 

Edited by jamillos