Saskatoon 93

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

Dude, it’s one of the best, awesomest, most essential bootlegs out there, both in terms of the video quality and the fact that it’s still the old era and a year from which we otherwise only have Argentina, if we’re talking full gigs and pro-shots only. 
The energy, the playlist, all the various small details… simply, it’s a must. 

Agreed. The quality is probably one of the best pro shots pre-2006 blows the likes of Argentina 93 out the water. No grainy patches or anything.

The other thing worth noting is the camera angles. Lot more shots from behind the band and to the side showing the audience 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

Dude, it’s one of the best, awesomest, most essential bootlegs out there, both in terms of the video quality and the fact that it’s still the old era and a year from which we otherwise only have Argentina, if we’re talking full gigs and pro-shots only. 
The energy, the playlist, all the various small details… simply, it’s a must. 

Someone hooked me up and I watched it today at work. Fantastic performance!

• Like 2

On 12/14/2020 at 5:58 PM, DTJ80 said:

When I was younger I was a bit ‘meh’ but over the years have grown to really appreciate how much it kicks ass.....and it’s one of the few songs where it’s consistently good regardless of ‘era’.

Seems they only played it once in the NITL tour which is mental - Angry Anderson co-vocals. Pretty cool.

Yeah everyone ripped that performnace but I loved it.. Another song that grew on mt big time over the years is Reckless Life.. Man do I love that song..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah everyone ripped that performnace but I loved it.. Another song that grew on mt big time over the years is Reckless Life.. Man do I love that song..

That performance is different in that it’s slowed a bit from how GNR normally play it. I thought it was cool. Oh yeah - Reckless Life is quality - would love to hear that get a play occasionally. If they can do SOYL then they can do that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

That performance is different in that it’s slowed a bit from how GNR normally play it. I thought it was cool. Oh yeah - Reckless Life is quality - would love to hear that get a play occasionally. If they can do SOYL then they can do that.

If not, I am proud to say I have seen them play it live back in 93!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

First post. Joined the forum to lurk to find out why my favorite full concert recordings were being deleted. I am sure the site I am using doesn't have the same quality as some of your sources... but by God this amazing. I was just a bit too young to see them in concert in my youth; this concert is amazing.

3 hours ago, cdarcy559 said:

First post. Joined the forum to lurk to find out why my favorite full concert recordings were being deleted. I am sure the site I am using doesn't have the same quality as some of your sources... but by God this amazing. I was just a bit too young to see them in concert in my youth; this concert is amazing.

I am with you on all points ;)

• 8 months later...

Zombie post (or whatever it’s called)

I was at this concert, I remember it being very, very loud. The audience audio levels in the recording of this show are very low. I specifically remember the part in patience where Axl sings “the lights they shine so bright,”the house lights came  on and the whole crowd roared; you can’t hear it at all when watching the pro shot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, surforia said:

This is the greatest thing to be discovered in gnr land in the past 3 years - probably going all the way back to CD coming out actually.  The locker leaks were great and all, but this is just insanely awesome.

I need to watch it again soon. I watched it when it leaked, loved it, but then never watched it again. 

This gig further cemented just how amazing 1993 was for Axl in particular.  He found his vocal groove, where his voice seemingly was in full control of his rasp and he didn't have the "razor blade gargling" sounds of '92 which in my opinion was a bit overkill. 

Add in the acoustic set and I just find it a shame the band wasn't able to keep itself together in that iteration for a new album in '94 or '95

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...