07/08/22 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion

alfierose

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Oh I didn't see that before now, but that's apparently sourced through ticketmaster. Quite possible it's old info. Would be strange for the band to fly to Germany if they knew the gig was canned.

It does also say rescheduled on Ticketmaster, but that has been showing to whole time, I believe.
I'm jumping on my flight 06:50AM on Friday anyway :D
image.png.de32fc3c314eeec8313a6f94fcfe03c6.png

2 minutes ago, Alexmee239 said:

I think it says Rescheduled since the whole pandemic rescheduling.

Yes, that's what I think as well.

With the stage beeing built, and they're landing now in Munich my hopes are up for the show to go on as planned.

Edited by Snytefant
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Oh I didn't see that before now, but that's apparently sourced through ticketmaster. Quite possible it's old info. Would be strange for the band to fly to Germany if they knew the gig was canned. Hoping it's not cancelled for any of you peeps going!

The little I know on the subject of damaging your vocal chords generally means a few weeks off min. I assume if he plays this German gig then it's far less severe than we were thinking.

I think they'd fly anyway, as all the travel plans, hotel reservations etc are booked and set. Would cost more money not to travel than it would it stay put at this stage. 

I think they only way they wouldn't carry on travelling the tour route would be if a decision is made to pull the whole tour- in that case they'd just head back to the US early. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I wonder if we’re gonna get baritone Axl the rest of July and/or changed set. Now that would be a GNR show worth paying for.

I really hope so. Baritone-Axl is one of the best things he has delivered the last years after Axl/Dc

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Snytefant said:

I really hope so. Baritone-Axl is one of the best things he has delivered the last years after Axl/Dc

Yet he probably views that as one of his WORST gigs of all time, and insists on a vocal approach that is WAY harder while actually sounding WAY worse just because it's in a higher range. He needs to embrace his low voice and only go mickey for songs where it really doesn't work otherwise. A fan can dream, right?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yet he probably views that as one of his WORST gigs of all time, and insists on a vocal approach that is WAY harder while actually sounding WAY worse just because it's in a higher range. He needs to embrace his low voice and only go mickey for songs where it really doesn't work otherwise. A fan can dream, right?

This is worst case scenario for me. Officially checking out of gnr sort of stuff. It's fun to hear unual versions every once in a while but I hate how he sings you're crazy now, I don't want to hear the spoken word shadow of your love or welcome to the jungle. A fan can dream that Axl can pull off a minimum of Dublin standards for the next few years.... Then there can be talks of lower voice Axl... But dropping keys is the more sensible approach. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

This is worst case scenario for me. Officially checking out of gnr sort of stuff. It's fun to hear unual versions every once in a while but I hate how he sings you're crazy now, I don't want to hear the spoken word shadow of your love or welcome to the jungle. A fan can dream that Axl can pull off a minimum of Dublin standards for the next few years.... Then there can be talks of lower voice Axl... But dropping keys is the more sensible approach. 

finally. i was starting to think i was the only one who shared this opinion.

Axl has to work in his high voice, not singing low.

Bring back Dublin 2022, not London 2022.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Dublin is the reason his voice got destroyed in the first place. It's either mickey mouse singing or low, I know which I prefer and which one doesn't make people cringe I show GNR live videos to.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

I think the reason why I’d prefer for Axl to continue singing mainly in his baritone range, is because that voice still sounds just like Axl has always sounded. The clean voice can still be strong, especially when you’re physically there, but it sounds more like a mixture of ‘02 Axl and Mickey Mouse.

These guys are old! They can’t perform to the same standards as 10, 15 and much less 36 years ago. One’s voice changes with age, you can’t stop that. Especially when Axl’s signature style isn’t a sustainable method.

There shouldn’t be any shame in adapting.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Dublin is the reason his voice got destroyed in the first place. It's either mickey mouse singing or low, I know which I prefer and which one doesn't make people cringe I show GNR live videos to.

Out of interest where has it been confirmed that the Dublin show is where Axl got his sore throat from? It was hardly any different to any other show this year 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Dangom1 said:

Out of interest where has it been confirmed that the Dublin show is where Axl got his sore throat from? It was hardly any different to any other show this year 🤷‍♂️

because our number 1 insider Richard Fortus said that they nearly cancelled both London shows that's why