Am I the only one fed up with hearing about Slash and Duff's extracurricular musical activities...

Well, there is nothing else right now. And I couldn't care less about their other activities. However I would care a little bit more if Duff and Slash would give us some info about GN'R up coming shows and future plans

57 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

They are not to blame...

To some degree they are to blame. When they returned to GN'R  they made a deal with the devil. They became the yes man they didn't want to be back in the 90s

• Like 3

We’ve always had limited information from axl over the last 2 decades. 

it’s hard to shake the feeling that duff and slash have either been advised to not say anything in relation to GNR or they’ve just agreed to it. Either way, they are now complicit in keeping the fans at arm lengths and essentially sticking their finger up at us. 

ive said it a million times, I’ll say it again, it’s a rock band. Not a covert military operation. FFS

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Padme said:

To some degree they are to blame. When they returned to GN'R  they made a deal with the devil. They became the yes man they didn't want to be back in the 90s

they'd have to be very stupid to not return to Gn'R when Axl offered. When it comes to new music, what would you do in their place? outside of Gn'R they share information and release music so it's probably Axl that prefers to not say anything. Just because you're willing to compromise so you can get what you want doesn't mean you're a yes man. You can't always demand people to give you exactly what you want and expect them to agree. maybe 20 years were enough for them on their own. Gn'R is, after all, their band as well.

Slash's top priority is to play live anyway. He gets to play to bigger crowds and make the most money. If Axl will be in the mood to release something, I'm sure both Slash and Duff will do what they can to help him achieve that and they did talk about new music in general in interviews. Can't blame them for working inside of the frame Axl defined for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Am I the only one fed up with hearing about Slash and Duff's extracurricular musical activities while nothing seems to be coming from the GnR camp?

If that would be the reason why there isn't coming something from GNR then you'd hyve a point. But it's more like they're musically active in other projects BECAUSE there's nothing happening in the GNR camp.

Would you prefer no new music at all just because Axl has issues to release anything.

13 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Slash's top priority is to play live anyway

Uh? Slash has released more albums with Conspirators than Axl with GN'R old and new. Sure Slash is happy on stage. He is also happy making albums

You called "compromise" that Slash and Duff are ok with  idiotic children books? Are you telling me that they believe such thing is a good idea?

Axl, Slash and Duff talk all kind of bullshit in their social media. Sorry, I won't give Slash and Duff an standing ovation for doing that

Sorry I think it's a shame that Slash and Duff agreed to all this

I think it is a miracle that during the shows before the pandemic GN'R played Slither, Dead Horse and Locomotive. It was way overdue! It is also way overdue CD leftovers and new songs

Yes really, it is so frustrating that these 2 musicians are making music:facepalm:

instead of being fed up that it's happening in the "wrong band",  it might be a good time to broaden your musical horizons.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Uh? Slash has released more albums with Conspirators than Axl with GN'R old and new. Sure Slash is happy on stage. He is also happy making albums

You called "compromise" that Slash and Duff are ok with  idiotic children books? Are you telling me that they believe such thing is a good idea?

Axl, Slash and Duff talk all kind of bullshit in their social media. Sorry, I won't give Slash and Duff an standing ovation for doing that

Sorry I think it's a shame that Slash and Duff agreed to all this

I think it is a miracle that during the shows before the pandemic GN'R played Slither, Dead Horse and Locomotive. It was way overdue! It is also way overdue CD leftovers and new songs

mmm hmm. Slash said so himself. Something like an album is almost an excuse to go and play live. Slash is the happiest on stage. More compared to working in the studio is the point.

I don't think Slash and Duff give a fuck about Fernando's masterpiece.

I think Slash and Duff wanted something (to be a part of Gn'R again) and it came with a price that they were willing to pay.

yeah, overdue, but it's Axl. Not something we don't already know. But not about Slash and Duff imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

mmm hmm. Slash said so himself. Something like an album is almost an excuse to go and play live. Slash is the happiest on stage. More compared to working in the studio is the point.

I don't think Slash and Duff give a fuck about Fernando's masterpiece.

I think Slash and Duff wanted something (to be a part of Gn'R again) and it came with a price that they were willing to pay.

yeah, overdue, but it's Axl. Not something we don't already know. But not about Slash and Duff imo.

I don't care about how Slash feels about making albums. He makes them anyway! That's the point

I agree that Slash and Duff don't give a fuck about whatever bullshit Fernando comes up with. Well they should care. GN'R is also their band. AFD was not made by Axl alone

23 minutes ago, Padme said:

I don't care about how Slash feels about making albums. He makes them anyway! That's the point

I agree that Slash and Duff don't give a fuck about whatever bullshit Fernando comes up with. Well they should care. GN'R is also their band. AFD was not made by Axl alone

but how Slash feels/his priorities dictate how much he wants to be a part of Gn'R no? so if it's something like performing live, which Axl can consistently do, then it's worth it for Slash to return, which he did. If it's releasing albums on a regular basis, then not so much.

so Fernando released a book. I don't see how that effects Gn'R in a negative way. Slash released the Gn'R pinball machine so he does with the brand things that appeal to him as well.

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Time has shown there's no bigger waste of talent in the whole music industry than GNR, so I say let Slash get on with other stuff. It's the only way he's going to going to get to play on anything new. 

can't he do both though? "get on" with other stuff and also invest some resources in not releasing albums with Gn'R. It's like keeping the door open for the possibility. I think it's worth it personally, mainly cause I feel like Slash doesn't have the ambition to even attempt to reach the same artistic heights like he did in old Guns so maybe the best music he can create is still only possible with Gn'R but then again, I still believe there's a good chance they'll get to it eventually.

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but how Slash feels/his priorities dictate how much he wants to be a part of Gn'R no? so if it's something like performing live, which Axl can consistently do, then it's worth it for Slash to return, which he did. If it's releasing albums on a regular basis, then not so much.

so Fernando released a book. I don't see how that effects Gn'R in a negative way. Slash released the Gn'R pinball machine so he does with the brand things that appeal to him as well.

This is not about how Slash feels. It is about how Axl feels and Axl's priorities. That's the problem here. I find it hard to believe that Slash would say "NO" if Axl ask him to get together to write songs. A pinball machine featuring GN'R is fair game. I wouldn't buy it. But it makes more sense

GN'R is a rock band. They are not Stephen King or Dan Brown. They have to make music not books. If Fernando wants to sell children books I would be very happy if he leaves Axl alone and he starts his writing project as soon as possible. I know there are celebrities who have writen children books. Good for them, I want GN'R to make music. Axl can write his biography. But that wouldn't be children books. There is common sense merchandising. And there is idiotic, unwanted and unnecessary merchandising

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

This is not about how Slash feels. It is about how Axl feels and Axl's priorities. That's the problem here. I find it hard to believe that Slash would say "NO" if Axl ask him to get together to write songs. A pinball machine featuring GN'R is fair game. I wouldn't buy it. But it makes more sense

GN'R is a rock band. They are not Stephen King or Dan Brown. They have to make music not books. If Fernando wants to sell children books I would be very happy if he leaves Axl alone and he starts his writing project as soon as possible. I know there are celebrities who have writen children books. Good for them, I want GN'R to make music. Axl can write his biography. But that wouldn't be children books. There is common sense merchandising. And there is idiotic, unwanted and unnecessary merchandising

you called Slash a yes man. I was just trying to explain that I don't think he is and provided an explanation. (he wanted to perform as Gn'R's lead guitar player again to huge crowds and make money imo)

Kiss is also a rock band. Many other rock/metal bands sell super silly merch. It's also a job and albums don't sell shit anymore. Fernando probably asked real nice to do this book and Axl agreed cause they are pretty close. It's not black and white imo and I don't think it's that big of a deal. I don't think Gn'R has less integrity cause they sell shit merch and it has nothing to do with the shows or the music. If Axl ever releases a shit album then that would detract from how I see the band.

Edited by Rovim

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

can't he do both though? "get on" with other stuff and also invest some resources in not releasing albums with Gn'R. It's like keeping the door open for the possibility. I think it's worth it personally, mainly cause I feel like Slash doesn't have the ambition to even attempt to reach the same artistic heights like he did in old Guns so maybe the best music he can create is still only possible with Gn'R but then again, I still believe there's a good chance they'll get to it eventually.

Oh of course. What a waste though. All those massive talents in the same band....and nothing. Seems crazy..

5 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Am I the only one fed up with hearing about Slash and Duff's extracurricular musical activities while nothing seems to be coming from the GnR camp?

Fed up ? No I’m not because slash and duff by releasing music over the years they were out of the band and now back in it show that it’s not as hard as Axl and team Brazil continue to say. Fernanado even had the nerve to blame a deadly pandemic which has killed over 600,000 Americans, so I think it’s great that slash and duff are making music. 

• Like 2

Just now, DeperilsofrockNRollDekednz said:

To put in in the fewest of words, outside of GNR, Duff & Slash’s solo career is artistically derivative.  Yet when they were in GNR they laid golden eggs. I have followed them all as I am a diehard fan, but only Axl and Izzy held their own, in their own ways. Perfectionism & prolificacy. 

Jesus h Christ that reads like a post from another GNR message board(not sure if we can name them) which believed slash was akin to Satan. 

19 minutes ago, DeperilsofrockNRollDekednz said:

To put in in the fewest of words, outside of GNR, Duff & Slash’s solo career is artistically derivative.  Yet when they were in GNR they laid golden eggs. I have followed them all as I am a diehard fan, but only Axl and Izzy held their own, in their own ways. Perfectionism & prolificacy. 

Attention, attention! A die hard fan attended!

Emergency exits are at the rear left!

• Haha 3