07/31/21 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

Powerage5

20 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Hershey show is now starting an hour ealier.  Doors at 5 show starts at 6.

GnR probably playing a long set lol

I think Hershey has a pretty strict curfew. GNR were at one time banned for life from Hershey after the 91’ show with skid row. Luckily, in 2017 that got lifted. 

I remember seeing kiss and aerosmith there back in 2003, aerosmith didn’t do an encore that night because it was too late. I remember all the radio stations taking about it on the way home. fans kept calling in and complaining and the DJ kept saying it was out of their hands. Apparently too much time was spent between Kiss and Aerosmith’s stage set-ups

16 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I think Hershey has a pretty strict curfew. GNR were at one time banned for life from Hershey after the 91’ show with skid row. Luckily, in 2017 that got lifted. 

I remember seeing kiss and aerosmith there back in 2003, aerosmith didn’t do an encore that night because it was too late. I remember all the radio stations taking about it on the way home. fans kept calling in and complaining and the DJ kept saying it was out of their hands. Apparently too much time was spent between Kiss and Aerosmith’s stage set-ups

When GnR played there in 2017 they took stage around 730 and finished close to 11.

I would expect them to take the stage at 730 if WVH is taking stage at 6 so I'm sure GnR is playing at least 2.5 to 3 hours.  Which I guess is normal for them but usually the opening shows tend to be a few songs shorter so we'll see.

Edited by Bitchisback

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

When GnR played there in 2017 they took stage around 730 and finished close to 11.

I would expect them to take the stage at 730 if WVH is taking stage at 6 so I'm sure GnR is playing at least 2.5 to 3 hours.  Which I guess is normal for them but usually the opening shows tend to be a few songs shorter so we'll see.

Yeah it was weird to see them take the stage and play for over an hour in the daylight. 7 or 8 years ago, you knew you’d never see them until at least 10:30-11 lol

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Yeah it was weird to see them take the stage and play for over an hour in the daylight. 7 or 8 years ago, you knew you’d never see them until at least 10:30-11 lol

It wasn't even sunset yet!  It was wild lol 

51 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

Did you receive an email?

It was on Hershey park stadium's Facebook page 

1 hour ago, Ixtlan said:

The venue has a strict curfew?

It's 11 pm so same as most venues.  They played a long set there in 2017.

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Band Intros
Godfather Theme/Sweet Child O' Mine
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Richard N' Slash - Wish You Were Here
Layla/November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Jam/Don't Cry
Whole Lotta Rosie
Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

The venue has a strict curfew?

In 2003 at the kiss/aerosmith show, they said the reason aerosmith didn’t do a encore was because the stadium has a strict curfew. So I don’t know. As bitchisback said, last time they started pretty early, it was strange. 

also, I do remember last time they stopped selling alcohol when guns started. Which sucks for a 3 hour show. Hopefully that’s changed. 

I did get an email from Ticketmaster about the new 6pm start time. I was reading the venue rules and it said that the stadium is now a cash-free venue. So make sure you bring some plastic with you. 

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Band Intros
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Layla/November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Jam/Don't Cry
Whole Lotta Rosie
Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

Yeah that was an awesome set! Whole lotta Rosie was great! It seemed like they were all having fun that night

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Band Intros
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Layla/November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Jam/Don't Cry
Whole Lotta Rosie
Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

I imagine this is just about how the set list will look at this years show as well

On 7/28/2021 at 8:45 AM, 2020_Intensions said:

Fingers crossed for something special (meaning anything different than the typical NITL set). Will be bringing my girlfriend & three friends, all of whom have never seen GnR live 

Acoustic set like Skin N Bones where someone delivers pizza naked.

• GNFNR 1

hey dumb question here, but how does meegan pronounce her name?  I always assumed it's like MEE- gan (rhymes with Negan from walking dead).  or is it pronounced like Megan?

I'll be at hershey park tomorrow and I'll be my dumb ass sees her and calls her by the wrong name.  lol

8 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

hey dumb question here, but how does meegan pronounce her name?  I always assumed it's like MEE- gan (rhymes with Negan from walking dead).  or is it pronounced like Megan?

I'll be at hershey park tomorrow and I'll be my dumb ass sees her and calls her by the wrong name.  lol

The first one.

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2021 at 10:23 PM, mikeman5150 said:

In 2003 at the kiss/aerosmith show, they said the reason aerosmith didn’t do a encore was because the stadium has a strict curfew. So I don’t know. As bitchisback said, last time they started pretty early, it was strange. 

also, I do remember last time they stopped selling alcohol when guns started. Which sucks for a 3 hour show. Hopefully that’s changed. 

I did get an email from Ticketmaster about the new 6pm start time. I was reading the venue rules and it said that the stadium is now a cash-free venue. So make sure you bring some plastic with you. 

Yeah that was an awesome set! Whole lotta Rosie was great! It seemed like they were all having fun that night

Always sneak in a replaceable camelbak pouch filled with alcohol in your pants and free alcohol for the night.

• Like 1