Video of GNR avoiding a crowd surge in 2016 gets removed off YouTube

It seems in response to the Travis Scott situation, many videos were shared to Reddit of other musicians taking appropriate steps against crowd surges. One of the videos was of GN'R telling fans to take a step back during YCBM at Chile, and it hit the top of the Videos subreddit, receiving 11,000+ upvotes and 600+ comments. It was eventually removed by YouTube because of a copyright claim. Now i'm not sure exactly what happens behind the scenes there, but imagine shooting GNR in the foot when tens of thousands of people have just been exposed to good internet publicity. Boggles the mind lol.

https://imgur.com/a/4NgRAFK

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It seems in response to the Travis Scott situation, many videos were shared to Reddit of other musicians taking appropriate steps against crowd surges. One of the videos was of GN'R telling fans to take a step back during YCBM at Chile, and it hit the top of the Videos subreddit, receiving 11,000+ upvotes and 600+ comments. It was eventually removed by YouTube because of a copyright claim. Now i'm not sure exactly what happens behind the scenes there, but imagine shooting GNR in the foot when tens of thousands of people have just been exposed to good internet publicity. Boggles the mind lol.

https://imgur.com/a/4NgRAFK

Maybe cause the Festival promote is same GNR gigs promote= Live Nation. Just.a guess of my part

1 minute ago, Alexmee239 said:

There's also in NITL Selects - Latin America during YCBM, Axl stops the song and asks the crowd to take one big step back in order to avoid people getting crushed. 

Yeah, axl  ask it in almost.every show. They has been the "Monster's of Rock" 1988 horrible crush.

3 hours ago, Politania said:

Axl stopped a show in Gdańsk, Poland in 2017, in the beginning of it, and ask kindly ppl to make a step back. The video is still on yt.

Same in Paris 2017. Axl has stopped quite a few shows over the years to try to prevent people getting hurt. You always see him scanning the audience too to make sure people aren't getting into trouble.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lio said:

Same in Paris 2017. Axl has stopped quite a few shows over the years to try to prevent people getting hurt. You always see him scanning the audience too to make sure people aren't getting into trouble.

It happened in Argentina 2016 also during Nightrain (min 2:26). I don't see it as a "bad thing" but all the oppostie, he's taking care of his audience!

1 hour ago, itsprettytiedup said:

It happened in Argentina 2016 also during Nightrain (min 2:26). I don't see it as a "bad thing" but all the oppostie, he's taking care of his audience!

It seems to be that he has to stop the show everytime they're in Argentina...

Nevertheless, he does a much better job at keeping the crowd safe, unlike somebody...

29 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Leave it to GNR to flag a video for copyright violations when it gets shared to show them doing something good....

It's the disgusting "management" (Fernando/Beta) that enables and allows this shit. Slash & Duff are oblivious and Axl is too doped up on whatever medication he's been on for the last decade to notice.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Kelmi said:

Niko Slash account will be shut down. He got suddenly strike to all his GNR guitar cover videos. This is sad news to us guitar players who learn from covers.

GNR's "internet copyright security" (and "vigilantes") just really want fans to have no sense of community or fun lol that is insane

Just now, itsprettytiedup said:

Nah that's not YouTube. That video has been there since 2016, the moment I posted it magically went down. Someone is constantly looking out here for videos to strike and take down. (but I guess we already know it?)

That's why the rule here is no unofficial YT videos

• Like 4

20 hours ago, itsprettytiedup said:

Nah that's not YouTube. That video has been there since 2016, the moment I posted it magically went down. Someone is constantly looking out here for videos to strike and take down. (but I guess we already know it?)

It's not just GNR videos...

Bit off topic but the recent events and GnRs reaction to this at their own concerts reminds me of the tragedy that happened at the 2000 Roskilde Festival  when 9 people died during a crush while Pearl Jam was playing There's video of Eddie Vedder stopping the concert to tell the crowd to take a step back.

This incident caused Pearl Jam to cancel the rest of their European tour and according to them they seriously considered disbanding over it.

Some of the band members have gotten in touch with some of the families of those who died and apparently still keep in touch. Their song Love Boat Captain from Riot Act is a remembrance of that event.

Here's video of Eddie trying to control the situation, not sure if it's allowed under forum rules. If not please let me know: