Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Knocks me fucking sick and it stinks. I’ve got no issue with people who do smoke it and totally think it should be legal but I’m just not a fan. Last time I was in Amsterdam a couple of years ago I went to a coffee shop with the wife and had a go on a vaporiser. Took one hit and stumbled outside and collapsed in the street. 😂

You should be careful with the weed in the Netherlands. The THC they put in there in a lot of coffeeshops is crazy. I once almost collapsed on it too. It took me 15 minutes before I could walk again.

Great! The news just said people living in Dallas are 6% more likely to get covid now than they would have in June.

Son of a bitch! Yet, Abbott says nothing and does nothing to slow this virus down. Even after he got the virus. What a stupid bastard!

Honestly, I don't smoke, but it would be freaking awesome if it helped get rid of covid. Maybe than Texas would legalize it.

More deaths are caused by jerks who drive drunk.

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

Can’t stand weed but I’m gonna be a Londoner in a couple of months so you can help me with some food recommendations. 😂

Got some east London recommendations for you since I lived in bethnal green in 2018-2019. First off, I can highly recommend the "sushi taco" place near the tube. Also, "white horse" (on bethnal green road) had the best chicken kebab I've ever tasted. Hopefully those places survived the lockdowns.

9 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

My nan had a letter this morn for her 3rd jab so the letters are going out people

Cool. I hope my doctor does this too. I usually get my flu shot in September or October, so since I would get my 3rd booster in November I will ask him if he has them.  My parents go their shots in a parking lot in Garland bu the health department but I got my shots in my doctor's office, so I'm hoping he'll continue.

My daughter's school is now also making the kids wear shields along with masks. Like I said before, Texas said schools don' thave to report any kids that have covid,  which is so damn stupid but then again what else is new?

Also Abbott wants to make a motion to not allow companies from mandating vaccines for their employees. How can he do this? if  a company wants to keep their employees and families safe what is wrong with this?

I think Biden needs to allow companies to do what they want in making a vaccine mandate and making a country mask mandate too.

Seems the bikers who went to Sturges are spreading the covid again. what a joy!

I have GNR next September 1 in Dallas and I'm really hoping they make us show proof of vaccination because this way I would know everyone is vaccinted. I doubt it though and  I wil definitely enjoy GNR, I will still be looking at people without a mask and wondering if they are vaccinated or not?

Like I said Texsans think they are a country to themselves and more arogant than any New Yorkers I know.

Cases of covid in the US is up to 150,000 cases a day.

Many people are cancelling any vacation trips they had made.

The whole world seems to be going up everywhere and this is troubling since we have a vaccine, but if people don't take it, we back to square one.

Number of kid cases are up in Dallas too and this has me worried yet again.

Numbers are up. Abbott's solution is to bring more nurses from out of state. That's great, but it's not helping to bring more covid beds. One of the hospitals in Dallas, that takes everyone in regardless of insurance is Parkland and they now have 4 floors of covid patients. they were down to one a few months ago and now we're back up. Nurses and doctors are tired again and more people are dying as each day passes. More patients are younger than 30 now and more kids are getting sick. 

There seems to be no stopping this variant even with vaccinated people.

Paul Stanley of KISS just tested positive for covid, KISS is on tour, and he is fully vaccinated. I bet Gene gets it next. 

Bands and venues need to require proof of vaccination before allowing fans into any venues, but I doubt Dallas will do it?

I will let you guys know if the GNR concert is a go for next Wed. September 1. I got an email from ticketmaster and all is said was to have your tickets ready on your phone. Nothing about covid or even how big my purse should be. Unreal.

Florida judges went over their moron gov's head and said every school child needs to wear a mask to school. Forida's gov along with Abbot are total morons and who the hell votes for these people? People are getting sicker now and numbers are up again like when covid started. What more do these politicians need to make mandate rules back in place again? Selfish pricks.

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

347 cases now. Lockdown extended til August 31st.

2,012,766 people with first dose. 1,102,158 people with second dose out of 5M.

The US needs to lockdown again, but we won't do it. Everyone is out and about now more without masks. I don't even trust the air anymore. when I'm outside I also wear a mask. Helps with the allergies too.

And for the love of God, when the hell can kids under 12 get vaccinated? I want my daughter protected as much as she can be.

So the solution is lockdowns? For how long? The proof is in the pudding. Look at all countries that applied lockdowns, what happened next? You could do it the nz way, but for how long? As soon as you're opening up someone Will get infected, and what then? Lockdowns again? I can't see the logic with this strategy, especially if you're considering the psychological harm lockdowns are causing.

On 8/28/2021 at 2:50 AM, Oldest Goat said:

There's really not much point of you guys going into lockdown though because you don't do it the correct way and have all these different states doing different things. Even if you do, once things improve you'll immediately open and fuck it up. So considering the heavy economic and social cost, lockdowns for the USA aren't much more than an exercise in futility.

You worry too much and if you're as constantly panicked with your daughter as you are on here she's going to have anxiety issues and/or not take you seriously. Try to relax a little.

I don't show any anxiety in front of my daughter. She loves going to school and thank goodness her school is doing all they can and all the teachers and staff are fully vaccinated. I just want a better world for her.  big thing to ask I know.

anyway, yeah, I do relax sometimes. lol But I don't show any worrying in front of her. She's a good and sweet girl and I want her to stay that way for as long as she can. She also knows to wear her mask and be careful.

• Like 1

So, got my second pfizer jab a couple of hours ago. Not experiencing any side effects (yet). I'm relatively young and in good shape, so I've never been really worried about catching Covid. Just doing my (small) part to get everything back to normal.

I'm swedish and have found the restrictions painful this far, so it's hard for me to fathom how people in countries with harder restrictions, and lockdowns, has been able to handle it. Especially extroverts. I feel for you.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Huge bummer we are where we are now. Sorry for doubting you, @dontdamnmeuyi2015. I thought vaccines would have stopped it more. 50% coverage does not seem to slow it

Yeah, unfortunate that the vaccines are not more efficient at stopping the spread of the disease, but of course they do reduce the severity. If everybody had got vaccinated this disease would have been more akin to the flu, I suppose. 

With no means to perfectly stop the spread, it is only a matter of time before we've all had it. Even more important that we all get vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great news for you guys who got your second shots. 

There was 3500 new cases in Dallas today and more people dying. ICU beds are full. Some patients are being treated in their cars because no room to put them in the hospitals. 

I don't know what Abbott's idea of a crisis is, but I think we are long past it now. What will make these morons do something more to slow down these cases. I can't believe so many people are unvaccinated? What the hell are they thinking?

And the cdc said the vaccines for kids under 12 might not be until the end of the year. Once the schools being in the north, who knows how many more cases will happen?

And the rest of the world isn't in any better shape.  I thought once there was a vaccine the worst was over, but I was so wrong.

Let's all continue to get vaccinated and wear masks and stay as safe as we can.

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Huge bummer we are where we are now. Sorry for doubting you, @dontdamnmeuyi2015. I thought vaccines would have stopped it more. 50% coverage does not seem to slow it

Maybe if it was just regular old Covid from the beginning, but Delta is different. Before, you could be positive and possibly infect 1 or 2 other people. With Delta, you can infect as many as 8! It is contagious AF! Over 97% of our cases up here are Delta. It is literally spreading like an uncontrollable California fire. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Just got my second shot today, too. Pfizer for the first shot, Moderna for the second. 

Surprised you got your second shot so late, because I remember you mentioned having your first shot the same week as me, but I had my second shot a month ago already.

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

Surprised you got your second shot so late, because I remember you mentioned having your first shot the same week as me, but I had my second shot a month ago already.

I think we prioritized giving as many the first dose as quickly as possible. So people had to wait longer for their second.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I thought once there was a vaccine the worst was over, but I was so wrong.

It had helped if more people took it :lol: Yes, I am looking at you, USA.

Here in Norway we are definitely over the worst, because although we have lost of cases, very few get very sick. Because people are for most part vaccinated.

• Like 1