Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

12 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

This thread is so depressing. And covid has little to do with it.

Regardless of vaccines and preventive measures you're still being kept in a perpetual state of captivity. The captivity that can be forced upon you by the powers that be whenever they decide to. Maybe in time, when the 5th and the 6th and the 7th and the nth jab rolls around some of you will start to realize you were on the wrong side of history.

It's unfortuante so many are in favour of this "new normality" and are willing to go out of thier way to "prove" to people that this is all for our benefit.

And I'm not talking about Bill Gates, G5, flat earth or foreing substances in the vaccines. No. I'm talking about the sheer implications of what you endorse as an appropriate handling of the health crisis. That will be the real tragedy here.

The unvaccinated are a very convenient scapegoat. For now. Let's see what happens when the Israel scenario starts to spread. Let's see how long you can play the wise monkeys then. 

Less fear, more joy. Be happy. Don't let them take away your ability to think. I wish you all well!

Am I in a perpetual state of captivity? How so?

I think most people agree that some level of restrictions has been necessary to cope with the pandemic, don't you?

And if you don't agree with your politicians handling of the pandemic, just vote them out. I assume you live in a democracy, too.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 8:38 PM, Sweersa said:

The few friends I have left will not hang out with me since I have not gotten any of the shots.

So my only friends are now on the internet, and co-workers. :D

And that's the fucked up thing. Why would they not hang out with you, since they are vaccinated??! Some of my friends have gotten the shot, some haven't. We can accept each other's opinion (and also realized there is no point arguing about it) and still hang out together. And no issues (or infections) so far. Why can't this be the norm?

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 2:08 AM, SoulMonster said:

I think most people agree that some level of restrictions has been necessary to cope with the pandemic, don't you?

And if you don't agree with your politicians handling of the pandemic, just vote them out. I assume you live in a democracy, too.

These people are idiots. I’ve literally been living a “normal” life for months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

And that's the fucked up thing. Why would they not hang out with you, since they are vaccinated??! Some of my friends have gotten the shot, some haven't. We can accept each other's opinion (and also realized there is no point arguing about it) and still hang out together. And no issues (or infections) so far. Why can't this be the norm?

According to the latest research the vaccines provide three times the level of infection than those who choose to remain unvaccinated.  So you do get some level of protection from infection, but you're not bulletproof.  So there's that.

Moreover, many people can't get vaccinated.  My wife and I make our best efforts to balance the risk and social needs for our daughter, who is too young to be vaccinated.  She still attends school where teachers are required to either be vaccinated or be tested weekly.  But we don't allow her to play with other kids without masks who belong to parents who are not vaccinated.  Just last week a four year old died of Covid.  She caught it from her mother who chose not to be vaccinated.

Finally, I just have little respect for those who believe they know more than all the medical researchers and experts who advocate the safety of the vaccines.  If someone wants to be an idiot, fine, have at it.  But I really don't have the time to spend with people I lost my respect for.  The ego and presumption of some to think they know more than the experts is something I want to limit my interactions with.  When you're potentially putting the health of myself and my family in jeopardy because of absolute nonsense, you're not going to get much time from me.  

• Like 1

The NBA won't require vaccinations for their players. Let the countdown begin!

I still would rather get vaccinated to be safe.

The number of cases of covid is still among the unvaccinated.

I've always gotten my vaccines and I do the same for my child. We've never had any problems and I still support them.

This won't be the last pandemic, so I will listen to the science and my doctor and get whatever vaccine is available and once the covid vaccine is available to my child, she will get it too along with the HPV shots.

16 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

It's fuckin BAD here and our asshat of a governor and mayor of Anchorage, the largest city is doing absolutely NOTHING! Our headline below from yesterday. :(

Alaska’s 1,095 new COVID-19 cases shatter daily record as overburdened hospitals struggle with capacity

I read that one of your hospitals is getting slammed, with many ICU eligible patients waiting in emergency rooms and some in their cars due to the lack of available ICU resources.  Stay safe!

Meanwhile…

:facepalm:

• Thanks 1

A 12 year old boy waiting in an ER for an appendix attack, had his appendix burst because of all the unvaccinated morons in the ER.

I honestly think the ERs should separate the unvaccinated people with covid  from the other sick people who will need immediate attention. This poor child could have died and as it is he's now sicker than he would have been if doctors had been able to take out his appendix when he got there and not having to wait over 8 hours to be seen.

This is getting out of hand now.

And to the 3 women from Texas who tried to attack a hostess at a New York restaurant because they wouldn't show proof of being vaccinated, shame on you 3 morons. Before you travel to another state or country learn the rules of that state and obey them.

Bet these 3 jerks weren't vaccinated. Next time stay in Texas.  Too bad they didn't run into a security guard who could have stopped them from attacking that girl who is just doing her job and being hurt and disrespected.  

Some states are having to send patients to other state hospitals and some are out of their own states.

but Gov Abbott of Texas and the moron Gov of Florida don't see a need to do something to try and slow this virus down.

Went to walmart today, most people wore a mask because there's a huge sign out front but there were a few who didn't and being this is Texas no one approached them and said to put on a mask. I can't blame them being they don't make much money but maybe Walmart should hire security to enforce their policy.

On 9/14/2021 at 8:08 AM, SoulMonster said:

The captivity that can be forced upon you by the powers that be whenever they decide to. Maybe in time, when the 5th and the 6th and the 7th and the Nth jab rolls around some of you will start to realize you were on the wrong side of history.

Do you need additional subtitles? Were you invited to get that 3rd jab already? Well prepare for the 4th. And the 5th. You get the picture. Actually, you don't.

Some level? Sure.

Lockdowns, curfews, social distancing, isolation, fear, paranoia, intimidation, death stigma, blatant violations of laws and conventions, discrimination, censorship, repression... no thank you. 

Extreme lockdowns kill.  The countires with the most extreme lockdowns have had the largest death spike in 2020. That is a fact. And yet the noose keeps on tightening. The effects of lockdowns and repression on the immune system - the most important thing for successfully battling covid-19 - have been nothing short of catastrophic. 

Psychological well-being is proven to boost our immune system. And yet, here we are. Bombarded with apocalyptic media sewage 24/7.

What's the mortality for covid-19 again? For a reasonably healthy human being? Who cares, right? Let's rather expose and highlight every possible individual case to create the illusion that four year olds are practically dropping dead in the street.

If only people were as conscious to other extreme medical anomalities that potentially plague all age groups. Doesn't make it a norm, does it?

Not so easy to do. We're been trying to get premature elections for a while now but with no success.

And also, I understand you're not all that familiar with my country but you don't have to patronize me with "I assume you live in a democracy, too". Our countries are part of the same national organizations.

Edited by Sisyphus

7 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

The captivity that can be forced upon you by the powers that be whenever they decide to. Maybe in time, when the 5th and the 6th and the 7th and the Nth jab rolls around some of you will start to realize you were on the wrong side of history.

Do you need additional subtitles? Were you invited to get that 3rd jab already? Well prepare for the 4th. And the 5th. You get the picture. Actually, you don't.

Uhm, yes, I live in a society where politicians are allowed to impose laws and regulations upon us, including certain restrictions during global pandemics. That's fine with me. And if I feel they are doing a bad job, then hopefully more people will agree with me and we will vote them out. It works splendidly.

As for having to take additional vaccines against Covid-19. I don't have any problem with that. Why should I? We have mandatory vaccination programs here in Norway (not for Covid-19, through), so the concept of having to take vaccines isn't alien to me nor does it scare me. Why should it? I would have much have the medicine than the disease. As for the possibility of having to take an annual Covid-19 vaccine (which is a possibility), that's okay, too. Why shouldn't it be? 

10 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

Lockdowns, curfews, social distancing, isolation, fear, paranoia, intimidation, death stigma, blatant violations of laws and conventions, discrimination, censorship, repression... no thank you. 

I haven't felt any of this. What planet do you live on?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

Extreme lockdowns kill.  The countires with the most extreme lockdowns have had the largest death spike in 2020. That is a fact. And yet the noose keeps on tightening.

It is? Here in Norway we are easing up on restrictions because the effects of the vaccination program has been so good. It's quite marvelous how quickly we developed a vaccine and how responsibly our elected politicians acted when they imposed restrictions but now lift them. Just as it should be.

13 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

What's the mortality for covid-19 again? For a reasonably healthy human being? Who cares, right? Let's rather expose and highlight every possible individual case to create the illusion that four year olds are practically dropping dead in the street.

I don't get this impression from the media at all. Seems kind of hysterical. 

16 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

Not so easy to do. We're been trying to get premature elections for a while now but with no success.

And also, I understand you're not all that familiar with my country but you don't have to patronize me with "I assume you live in a democracy, too". Our countries are part of the same national organizations.

I don't even know what country you live in, hence the "I assume you live in a democracy, too". It wasn't a facetious comment. I have no idea where you live.

But agains, assuming you live in a democracy and you disagree with how your elected politicians have handled the pandemic, just vote them out. And if it turns out they aren't voted out, that means most people in your country are okay with how they have handled it and you are in a minority. 

EDIT: You live in Slovenia. Last I checked that was a democracy. 

Edited by SoulMonster

Your pretence bores me. 

Leaving Norway aside for a second, if you support and endorse the global response to this epidemic than we are just completely different people with a very different outlook as to what is morally acceptable. The difference is though that you can't even entertain the idea not everything is as hunky dory when it comes to restrictions and vaccines.

As for the media and the extreme measurements I've listed, look what happenend in Spain, Italy, Belgium... with all due respect, Norway is not the end-all of this pandemic.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Coma16 said:

But surely the hospitals are breaking at the seams and oxygen has run out?

Nope, we're fine. Over 70 % fully vaccinated and I just read that we should approximately have over 80 % of the population that's either fully vaccinated or has recovered from a natural infection (or both). 

• Like 3