Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

On 9/25/2021 at 10:35 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Oh and my state, yeah us and Idaho are doing crisis of care. Yup. That's where we are at.  

Texas continues to ignore any numbers. The fair opened on Friday and it seems like tons of people are going to it not worrying about covid anymore.

I'm still wearing a mask and distancing. I'm glad so many people now are having their groceries delivered or a pick up so the stores are not very crowded anymore.

Just waiting for the okay for my daughter to get her vaccine. Getting our flu shots today, so it may help a bit. Schools are still requiring masks and keeping the kids as safe as possible.

It's a shame that this whole mask and covid virus is still being used as a political tool.

On 9/24/2021 at 6:55 PM, Ratam said:

Me too still will wear mask. Still seem bit premature to be careless. Think it will be step by step. We'll see.

I agree wish more people felt this way.

China is now working on turning garbage into medical tools. Wish they would try to find a real cure for covid, since it did start in China no matter how much they deny it.

I guess this is a good thing too since there's too much garbage in our world, but covid is still alive and well.

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2021 at 12:57 AM, SoulMonster said:

It is this line of thinking that is the root of the problem. It is all about themselves. Me, me, me! They don't realize -- or don't care about it -- that we vaccinate ourselves to protect the vulnerable in society, not those who are not in danger. I would likely not suffer any bad consequences if I got sick with Covid-19. I don't have any underlying conditions. I am fairly youngish. But I still chose to vaccinate myself because I don't want to be a moronic transferrer of the disease. I don't want to be a strand in the web of spread. I don't want to have to live with the knowledge that the disease moved from me to someone who got seriously sick or even die, like my mother, my wife, maybe my children (who knows?), or anyone else, known or unknown, out of nothing but my own hubris and selfishness. I accept that I live in a society and with that comes certain obligations. To other people. It is not just about me.

I agree if anything this virus has shown how some people just care about themselves and don't care about anyone else. I'm not really surprised by this.

Even though the vaccine is available to 16 and over, many teens still aren't vaccinated. Their parents have to okay it and I guess they aren't vaccinated either.  It just boogles my mind about how many people just don't see the big picture. 

covid hasn't slowed down any and more variants seem to be coming up. I for one am sick of it, but I sitll wear a mask and try to do stuff to stay safe especially since my daughter isn't vaccinated yet.

Mother nature knows just what to do to show how stupid and selfish many humans are.

We are one world and we all effect each other whether you believe it or not. I would hate to get a child infected. That should be a motivation to get vaccinated and do what's right.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I agree if anything this virus has shown how some people just care about themselves and don't care about anyone else. I'm not really surprised by this.

Even though the vaccine is available to 16 and over, many teens still aren't vaccinated. Their parents have to okay it and I guess they aren't vaccinated either.  It just boogles my mind about how many people just don't see the big picture. 

covid hasn't slowed down any and more variants seem to be coming up. I for one am sick of it, but I sitll wear a mask and try to do stuff to stay safe especially since my daughter isn't vaccinated yet.

Mother nature knows just what to do to show how stupid and selfish many humans are.

We are one world and we all effect each other whether you believe it or not. I would hate to get a child infected. That should be a motivation to get vaccinated and do what's right.

It actually HAS slowed down, probably mainly b/c of vaccines and the fact that a lot of people already been infected. I understand that the situation in some states in the US are still problematic, though. 

I for one am not worried about new variants. People listening to the actual and rational experts on the matter should'nt be. This is NOT the end of the world. There are a lot more serious matters that you could worry about.

• Like 1

I've been spending a lot of time landscaping the side of my house.  My neighbour who lives besides me has her father rent her basement from her.  So often he comes out and talks to me as I move dirt around and regrade the space. 

Last night he told how the vaccines are dangerous and will cause cancer in a very short period of time.  That he wanted no part of it and wasn't getting vaccinated.

He smoked three cigarettes over the course of our fifteen minute conversation.

• Haha 4

My car broke down on the way to work today. Damn unvaccinated people.

I got two work-related calls afterhours yesterday. Damn unvaccinated people.

Let's blame everything on unvaccinated people.

Obviously, the above are exaggerations, but who will people blame when most everyone is vaccinated, and still getting ravaged by some new variant?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Obviously, the above are exaggerations, but who will people blame when most everyone is vaccinated, and still getting ravaged by some new variant?

Well, a scenario where vaccinated People gets ravaged by some new variant doesn't seem likely. Regarding the rest of your rant: "boo-hoo" 😭

Pfizer gave their vaccine for kids 5 to 11 years old to the CDC. Their tests were very good, so hopefully the vaccine will be released by late October or early November.

Now we just need all the parents to approve the vaccines for their kids.

I still know some teens who aren't vaccinated yet. Schools are fully open now, so now is the time to do the right thing.

We all got our flu shots, so next is to protect our young kids with the covid vaccine.

4 hours ago, Ratam said:

Just today read that Pfizer lst testing an vaccine to prevent the Covid. Hope it be real.

I so hope it is okayed too. I want my daughter protected as soon as it's released for vaccination.

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

It's a proved fact that a person can infect multiple people, so blaming the unvaccinated for the spread of covid is a real thing.

People need to shut up and get vaccinated so we can maybe get rid of this virus. Yeah, there will always be some illness to deal with, but we are lucky to ave a vaccine now which sometimes takes years to get one, so we all need to get it and protect ourselves and others.

If you want to be part of the human race there are things we all need to do.

Millions of people are vaccinated with little or no side effects so there's no excuse.

On 9/27/2021 at 3:49 PM, Homefuck said:

It actually HAS slowed down, probably mainly b/c of vaccines and the fact that a lot of people already been infected. I understand that the situation in some states in the US are still problematic, though. 

I for one am not worried about new variants. People listening to the actual and rational experts on the matter should'nt be. This is NOT the end of the world. There are a lot more serious matters that you could worry about.

Maybe in some places it's slowed down, but now the virus is infecting younger people now and more children. This is not acceptable for parents of younger kids. We want our kids protected because that's a parents' job.

And it's not slowing down enough, when you still have ICU beds all full up and people are still dying.

3 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

The Sun, huh?  Must be true.

Seriously though, you're probably correct.  We'll never know.  And moreover, I've always felt it really doesn't matter.  Unless they can prove that China purposely released the virus rather than some form of accident, there's not much we can or would want to do about it (other, of course, trying to make sure that these accidents don't happen again).  That said, closing wet markets would be a great start.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Homefuck said:

Well, a scenario where vaccinated People gets ravaged by some new variant doesn't seem likely. Regarding the rest of your rant: "boo-hoo" 😭

Israel?

I'm just waiting for the day they go door to door and force vaccination. Let's get the party started. ;)

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Israel?

I'm just waiting for the day they go door to door and force vaccination. Let's get the party started. ;)

Israel has just over 61 % of the population vaccinated, and the last time I checked delta is the most prevalent (only?) variant there.
By the way, I'm sorry for my sarcastic remark (boo-hoo). I was in a bad mood. I get why people won't get vaccinated, because it has been politiziced. It's a shame, really. And people (some really active in this thread) are relying too much on media (mainstream aswell as "alternative") regarding this virus IMO. If you look at the facts:

- it's extremely rare for children to get serious illness from Covid.

- if we all can agree on what constitutes knowledge, (epistemology), viruses follows the law of evolution. Delta is the most prevalent because it's the most contagious variant, other variants (like "mu" has vaned everywhere where delta has come to party). Historically, viruses becomes less harmful over time. And to be fair; compared to some other viruses covid is fairly mild. We'll be FINE.

- there's been NO studies showing that there exist a variant of CoVid capable of evading vaccines.

- the studies I've read regarding the effect of using masks haven't really shown that they make much of a difference (of course they help in the individual case regards to sneezing and coughing). The study from Bangladesh that made people go crazy had a lot of spurious variables not taken in account.

- if you want someone hesitant to get the vaccine, without directly or indirectly (covid passes), forcing them; Hysteria and aggression isn't the way. It's basic psychology, it will in most cases only end in that the person will get more hesitant. People, in general, want to make their OWN decisions, and not feel that they have others will imposed on them.

- I've gotten the vaccine because I trust science, I've had a lot of stuff ingested in my body, with contents not known by me. Since both pfizer and moderna has been cleared on phase 3, there has been over three billion people vaccinated by now, a large majority of them without any major side effects I feel pretty confident that I will be fine.

- By reading A LOT of peer-reviewed articles about the vaccines and the virus overall, I'm confident that the vaccine works. Unvaccinated people doesn't scare me. Remember that they're just people with a different opinion. I would like them to get vaccinated because I have a firm belief that the virus would be less of a problem if more people would do it, but really, what can you do? Everybody I know is vaccinated so I'm sure they'll be fine anyway (and their children isn't in any more danger to get severe illness from this than from other common illnesses, as the flu or the RS-virus), and I can't be bothered of what other peoples life choices may be. As long as I can do whatever I want (within the confinements of the law), and the people around me are healthy, I don't give a shit. If I would start to worry about people I don't know... Sheezh, I wouldn't be able to ever get some sleep, and it wouldn't make life better for the "unknowns" either. Pointless.

Edited by Homefuck
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Explain? 

If they're told to do something, even if it's in their own interests, they won't.

Out of the supposed seven deadly sins, but pride has to be one of the worst.  

2 hours ago, Coma16 said:

What are people thought about ~70K medical professionals, in NY alone, willing to lose their jobs for not being team player to get an injection for the greater good? They must be yahoos?

Can you provide a source where the number of medical professionals not willing to be vaccinated is around 70,000 people?

Are we talking about medical researchers, doctors, or people who work in the hospital cafeteria?  

16% of medical workers in NYC (about 70K), so not just janitors.... you can find plenty of news articles on Google.

Not to mention same thing happening in Canada (they have a few more weeks to bend over or lose their job), and once again, not just janitors. I don't have an exact breakout.

A spokesperson for Health Minister Christian Dubé told CBC on Monday that a total of 17,642 employees within Quebec's health-care network still haven't had their first dose.

Nearly half of those unvaccinated employees are front-line workers who are in direct contact with patients, the spokesperson said.

Edited by Coma16

21 minutes ago, downzy said:

If they're told to do something, even if it's in their own interests, they won't.

Sounds childish.

But I am sure there are anti-vaxxers saying he shouldn't get vaccinated, too, so why has he got more problem with smart people saying he should get vaccinated and not stupid people saying he shouldn't?  @Sweersa?

• Like 1

Why is it any more of an issue to people that governments are encouraging people to take the vaccine than governments saying you can't drive over a specific speed limit, have to wear seat belts, can't drink alcohol when you are under a certain age, can't go around makes on beaches? I mean, there are so many more intrusive rules and regulations enforced upon us than merely encouragements to get a vaccine (which takes 30 minutes or so and then its over). Surely if people were objecting to being told what to do (oooh, so edgy), then there are more intrusive stuff to childishly protest against?

Which brings me back to my pet theory: These guys aren't really concerned over people saying they ought to get vaccinated, haha, they are just using it as an excuse ("Look at me, I am so independent and won't let anyone dictate my actions! Rawrr!") for not having to admit they are scared of needles. Just scared of the little pain from getting a shot. So, so very scared.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1