Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Boggles my mind how anti-vaxxers can somehow convince themselves that refusing to reduce the spread of the disease through vaccinations are not causing sickness and deaths of others. 

Thanks for the label. Just because I made the personal choice not to get the covid vaccine, doesn't mean I'm against vaccinations. I get how they work, and they do make sense for a lot of people, and they seem to be helping the situation over all.

If covid takes me because I didn't get vaccinated, I was unfit for survival, and it's on me. Same to everyone else. Cold, and mean, but it is what it is.  Maybe people should push eating healthy half as much as they push vaccines. 

It's amazing how dumb online discussions can get around the pandemic and vaccines.

Had two people today try to tell me that the variants are the cause for the virus mutating.  That if it weren't for the vaccines, covid-19 would not have mutated so often and so quickly.  Another told me that vaccines have never protected infection; they're only meant to lessen the symptoms of infection.  Still waiting on a response about why small pox no longer exists.  

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

But when push comes to shove, when they are encouraged to take a vaccine now to help curb a highly contagious disease that has killed millions, their true colors are shown. Then this particular vaccine becomes a problem. Yeah right.

In that case, they should just go door to door and force vaccinations against a national registry. That would get a party started real quick.

Was glad to hear President Biden telling everyone to get vaccinated and for companies to regular mandated vaccines for their employees. Also wear a damn mask.

Of course, the moron Gov Abbott was one of the first to bitch about Biden's speech and saying how he can't tell Texas what to do. You know I remember learning history about the Civil War and even before that, Texas was thinking of becoming their own country. Guess the jerks in Texas still think that way. I can't stand living here anymore, but having my daughter and being divorced, I can't leave and take her from her dad. 

A lot of school districts are now mandating masks and still Abbott doesn't want this and many parents are trying to take them to court.

If you are selfish and don't want to get vaccinated then stay inside you house and don't infect anyone else.

I see France is staying no one without the vaccine from the US can come to France and many other European countries won't allow any Americans even vaccinated ones to enter their country. I commend this because with our numbers climbing every day why should other countries want their people getting infected all over again.

Paris and NYC are now having people prove they are vaccinated before entering anywhere. Great! I doubt Texas will ever enforce because the Gov thinks he's got it all figured out.

Dr. Fauci said they are working on the vaccine for kids 12 and under but it might not be ready until late fall or by the end of the year. Until then, I want my daughter and other kids to be safe from covid, but some parents don't feel the same way. Texas is a state where many parents won't even get their kids vaccinated with vaccines for measles and other diseases we have vaccines for. it's like living back in the 1800's.

If we don't do this together which I hate when they say we are all in this together, this virus won't go away any time soon.

And I'm tired of living like this and tired of hearing people bitch about wearing a damn mask.

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

In that case, they should just go door to door and force vaccinations against a national registry. That would get a party started real quick.

when Texas got the vaccine many communities were going door to door for people who couldn't get to the vaccine sites. Not sure how it;'s going now? Abbot seems against anything these days.

15 hours ago, downzy said:

It's amazing how dumb online discussions can get around the pandemic and vaccines.

Had two people today try to tell me that the variants are the cause for the virus mutating.  That if it weren't for the vaccines, covid-19 would not have mutated so often and so quickly.  Another told me that vaccines have never protected infection; they're only meant to lessen the symptoms of infection.  Still waiting on a response about why small pox no longer exists.  

Well, it's only been a  few years that Africa got rid of small pox, so not every place is clear of infectious diseases. 

The US is sending millions of vaccines round the world, but will they reach all the people who need them? Do you think the Taliban will allow the Afghans to get the vaccine from America? I hightly doubt it.

One Governor talked about the Taliban today saying how they are letting some people leave, but he said if/when they knock the cell towers we won't know anything that comes out of there anymore. I was stunned by this, but I guess this can happen. Those poor people, especially the women are fucked.

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

One Governor talked about the Taliban today saying how they are letting some people leave, but he said if/when they knock the cell towers we won't know anything that comes out of there anymore. I was stunned by this, but I guess this can happen. Those poor people, especially the women are fucked.

No doubt. It looks like the Taliban are going to control Afghanistan for the time being, if not forever, or at the very least, a long, long time. Sometimes it's best to let the people take back their own country, and in this case, unfortunately IMO, it looks like the Taliban are those people, and they won. 

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, it's only been a  few years that Africa got rid of small pox, so not every place is clear of infectious diseases. 

You might have your diseases mixed up. 

Small pox was declared eradicated by the World Health Assembly in 1980.

18 hours ago, downzy said:

You might have your diseases mixed up. 

Small pox was declared eradicated by the World Health Assembly in 1980.

K sorry I know it was some disease that was only cured a few years ago.

Let's face it, we'll always have something that will pop up now and then, but if we try to listen to the doctors and do what's right, we might overcome covid and keep our children safe until there's a vaccine for them.

now is not the time to be selfish unless you stay in your house and never come out.

Stay well.

you know when we lived in Brooklyn and I was about to start 1st grade, our doctor gave us the second measles shot because he felt since a lot of immigrants were coming in from other countries who weren't vaccinated like the US, it was safer. By the time my brother went into kinidergarden, it was required to get a second measles shot.

What I'm trying to say is just like the flu and pneumonia shots, we probably will have to get a yearly vaccine for covid, if we want it to stay healthy.

I'm just grateful that a vaccine was done so quickly. I just wish more people would get on board.

Unfortunately it's become a line in the sand between Republicans and Democracts now instead of keeping everyone healthy.

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Both of my Aunts tested positive today and were interacting with my whole family. Luckily, everyone is vaccinated and my grandparents both are 3 weeks our from their booster. Hoping it stays at this, my Aunts seem okay 

Hope everyone gets tested though because I know many people getting breakthrough infections. Delta is a beast. Fingers crossed everyone in your family stays well!

• Like 1

Covid: More than 300,000 suspected of breaking quarantine rules - BBC News

Also how many other countrys have the same problem 

No vaccine passports: UK PM to set out winter COVID-19 plan (msn.com)

C19 passport is now scrapped and Bojo to outline the plans for the coming winter

Edited by Gavin82

This thread is so depressing. And covid has little to do with it.

Regardless of vaccines and preventive measures you're still being kept in a perpetual state of captivity. The captivity that can be forced upon you by the powers that be whenever they decide to. Maybe in time, when the 5th and the 6th and the 7th and the nth jab rolls around some of you will start to realize you were on the wrong side of history.

It's unfortuante so many are in favour of this "new normality" and are willing to go out of thier way to "prove" to people that this is all for our benefit.

And I'm not talking about Bill Gates, G5, flat earth or foreing substances in the vaccines. No. I'm talking about the sheer implications of what you endorse as an appropriate handling of the health crisis. That will be the real tragedy here.

The unvaccinated are a very convenient scapegoat. For now. Let's see what happens when the Israel scenario starts to spread. Let's see how long you can play the wise monkeys then. 

Less fear, more joy. Be happy. Don't let them take away your ability to think. I wish you all well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

This thread is so depressing. And covid has little to do with it.

Regardless of vaccines and preventive measures you're still being kept in a perpetual state of captivity. The captivity that can be forced upon you by the powers that be whenever they decide to. Maybe in time, when the 5th and the 6th and the 7th and the nth jab rolls around some of you will start to realize you were on the wrong side of history.

It's unfortuante so many are in favour of this "new normality" and are willing to go out of thier way to "prove" to people that this is all for our benefit.

And I'm not talking about Bill Gates, G5, flat earth or foreing substances in the vaccines. No. I'm talking about the sheer implications of what you endorse as an appropriate handling of the health crisis. That will be the real tragedy here.

The unvaccinated are a very convenient scapegoat. For now. Let's see what happens when the Israel scenario starts to spread. Let's see how long you can play the wise monkeys then. 

Less fear, more joy. Be happy. Don't let them take away your ability to think. I wish you all well!

:lol:

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

E_LsuwkWYAkAFyn?format=jpg&name=900x900

:lol: 

Eyyyyy, its @Sisyphus

• Haha 1