Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I think the plan is to keep control for as long as possible, get everyone fully vaccinated and then start opening the border.

Personally I want the border only partially open at first and think we should take advantage of our situation and poach people like doctors into moving here. When our borders are fully open there'll probably be an influx of people wanting to move here, which is another reason to open partially when we do because we don't have the infrastructure rn.

Why would there be an influx of People wanting to move to NZ?

6 hours ago, Homefuck said:

It's weird when people think they're making a political statement by not getting vaccinated. But again, (most) people are irrational. 
"Reason is the slave of the passions".

I understand your concern for your daughter and I know you've probably heard this a 1 000 times before, but (by all accounts) if a 10 year old gets infected it's extremely unlikely for the child to get seriously ill. 
I hope you will enjoy the GNR-show!

What I'm tired of is: people who get covid and then say you need to get vaccinated.

Come on! Also there is a couple in Texas who are in the ICU with covid. They thought since they had covid already they didn't need to get vaccinated.  Either they are morons or they don't have a doctor to educate them.

the doctor was saying that the information that comes out of the CDC is confusing. After a year, I don't buy it. Over 600,000 Americans have died from covid, if you don' tknow by now how serious this virus is, you must be the biggest dummy.

Louisiana has the highest rate of covid in the hospitals. Soon they will run out of room.

What the hell is going on?

We that are vaccinated will need another booster soon to stay safe. Two doses is not enough. Here we go again.

Stay safe out there.

I hope I enjoy my GNR show too. lol I might have to wear 2 masks and spray myself with lysol.

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Did a rare visit to the city center yesterday to do some shopping. Forgot my face mask but almost none wore masks on the tram and the same was the case in the city. Surreal to walk around in shops without a mask on. How quickly we get used to it. 

It's been weird here in Michigan. The county I live in has the highest percentage of people vaccinated, so as of now I almost never seen masks. 

However, I went into the record store the other day and literally everyone but me was wearing a mask. It was 9:30am, so I honestly thought I'd missed some urgent news about mandates being back in place. It was an odd feeling. I looked into the news and apparently it was just an odd, one odd situation. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

However, I went into the record store the other day and literally everyone but me was wearing a mask. It was 9:30am, so I honestly thought I'd missed some urgent news about mandates being back in place. It was an odd feeling. I looked into the news and apparently it was just an odd, one odd situation. 

Delta is becoming more widespread, so even without mandates (our state has NONE) some more people and even businesses are masking up on their own accord. Not enough people are doing it up here though which sucks because half of our state is not vaxxed and we are in the red for cases. Winter will be a clusterfuck here! Our largest hospitals are already VERY stretched thin....

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Delta is becoming more widespread, so even without mandates (our state has NONE) some more people and even businesses are masking up on their own accord. Not enough people are doing it up here though which sucks because half of our state is not vaxxed and we are in the red for cases. Winter will be a clusterfuck here! Our largest hospitals are already VERY stretched thin....

I know I wear a mask no matter where I go. My mom wears a mask to pick up my daughter from school, but most of the parents who get out of their cars to wait aren't wearing a mask and it bothers me because they are close to the kids walking out of the school.

Over 10,000 kids in Florida are out of school now due to the spread of covid. And yet parents are still refusing to make their kdis wear a mask. What the hell is wrong with these morons.? It it helps keep our kids safe and covid free until there is a vaccination for kids under 12, why is it a problem? I'm so sick of hearing about why should I wear a mask? Maybe because it's the safest way to keep our kids safe right now.

We may also need a 3rd booster shot, which I'm not surprised about since we need a yearly flu shot, so this makes sense. I just want a vaccine now for kids under 12. This is most important right now.

21 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Two states, Florida and Texas, make up one third of all the cases.

Yeah, tell me about it. So many morons in Texas it makes me sick.

My school district is allowing virtual schooling on Monday again. My daughter still wants to go to school. I pray everyday she stays safe. The schools don't have to tell you if anyone has covid in your school. I know our school does everything it can to protect all the kids. If a child comes to school without a mask, they get when to wear in the school.

I'm tired of seeing parents going up to the line and taking their kid and none of them are wearing masks.

Because the stupid governors of both Texas and Florida opened the whole damn state and haven't made a mask mandate, most jerks think all is okay even when the numbers of covid are up especially in younger adults and kids.  

I heard on the news today, the Pope talking to Catholics saying to get the vaccine.  I'm Catholic and me and my whole family ran for that vaccine. I just don't understand this whole religious shit. So sick of it.

If we don't get vaccinated we'll never get herd immunity and every doctor is saying the next variant will be worse than delta.

I tell you it seems like this virus knows how stupid humans are and it's counting on it.

I wish George Carlin was alive today. He had amazing words on HIV and AIDS and i know he would be rolling with this virus. he would make you laugh but you would know the man made so much common sense.

Anyway, yeah, I'm living in a state of morons.

• Like 1

Greater Sydney lockdown has been extended to at least end of September. I fear the OZ/NZ tour will be rescheduled or worse, cancelled, and new music postponed yet again. I hope I'm wrong and I'm just being a pessimistic penis. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/20/nsw-covid-19-lockdown-restrictions-sydney-suburbs-regional-new-south-wales-lgas-act-canberra-update-coronavirus-face-mask-rules-explained-5km-radius-travel-masks

Doctors in Dallas have to decide which patients get what care for covid. I say anyone who was old enough to get the vaccine and didn't get it should be last on the line.

Take care of the younger patients whose parents refused to get them the vaccine and kids under 12 who aren't vaccinated yet.

Easy to decide but doctors won't do it. Meanwhile numbers are way up in Texas and ICU beds are almost down to nothing.

Haven't see Abbott since he got covid. I hope he's very sick and worried that he might not feel well again. Maybe then he'll realize he has to do better by the people he claims to care about.

I went to Walmart today and everyone was back to wearing a mask now and the employees were again cleaning the shelves in the whole store. 

At least some businesses are taken the time to try to help their workers and customers.

I wonder if GNR has a clause in their contract telling the venue they want proof of vaccination and if not a negative covid test?

Maroon 5 is the only band I've heard doing this right now. I bet no country artists will demand this.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

This is all so strange. It feels like we’re back to March 2020.

I recall earlier this year some YouTuber saying “enjoy the summer while it lasts, cause once the fall hits we’re gonna get a good couple of variants coming our way.”

didn’t even take until the fall…

Yeah, I actually got to patio with vaxed friends a couple of times and now it feels like we're taking a step back. But for the most part, i still run in the morning without a mask, Zoom all day long and mask up when i go shopping.  18 months now.  It's not even a new normal anymore. Just normal.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Greater Sydney lockdown has been extended to at least end of September. I fear the OZ/NZ tour will be rescheduled or worse, cancelled, and new music postponed yet again. I hope I'm wrong and I'm just being a pessimistic penis. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/20/nsw-covid-19-lockdown-restrictions-sydney-suburbs-regional-new-south-wales-lgas-act-canberra-update-coronavirus-face-mask-rules-explained-5km-radius-travel-masks

Realistically we’re not getting out of this until December IMO. Especially considering we’ll have daily case numbers of 1000+ next week and only 30% of the state are double vaxxed.

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I actually couldn't have got it any sooner than I did. Waiting 8weeks now for 2nd shot.

I still waiting 10 weeks to 2nd shot. My first was Sputnik shot , and the next will be Moderna shot. The fact are vaccinate with just one shot give enough protection to you not worry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Of course you got Sputnik you crazy kid. :lol:

Nah I heard that it's actually good. Moderna's supposed to be good too.

I'm not worried really but I do have asthma so I'm seeing this as yet another reason to get in amazing shape.

Oh ashtma, one more reason to you need be vaccinate. My sister also has ashtma, and fortunately she have already the 2 shots. About the Sputnik and Moderna mix it have 96% to protection.

3 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Sorry, disagree with you there. At least in my state, our highest peak last year was Nov and Dec and we just hit this peak this year...in mid Aug! Wtf will that mean for us this coming Nov/Dec then? Holy fuck, telling you now, not good. Not good at all!!!! Especially when you have a Trumper governor AND a Trumper mayor in the largest city in Alaska. 

I feel for you, but we’re in NSW Australia, we’ve been in  lockdown since June. OP was discussing possibility of GNR show in November not being cancelled (which is not a possibility 🤣we’re not doing well)

24 minutes ago, Angelica said:

I feel for you, but we’re in NSW Australia, we’ve been in  lockdown since June. OP was discussing possibility of GNR show in November not being cancelled (which is not a possibility 🤣we’re not doing well)

Oh yeah...sorry, now I see the rest of that convo. It seems so many countries are in the middle of this latest damn Delta wave. Stay safe. :)

On 8/19/2021 at 6:59 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I heard on the news today, the Pope talking to Catholics saying to get the vaccine.  I'm Catholic and me and my whole family ran for that vaccine. I just don't understand this whole religious shit. So sick of it.

People should listen to doctors. Instead they listen to some Trump yes man. There is way too much ignorance and politics going on