Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

Did you see the people protesting in Sydney and Melbourne and the cops were trying to stop them.

The news guy said only  20% of Australia are vaccinated. Now I know Australia isn't a very big continent since the "outback" takes up most of the nation, but this seems very low to me and people are still bitching about masks and lockdowns?

With millions of people already dead from this virus and more sickness and deaths to come, why not march your asses to get vaccination and stay inside for a bit longer to make sure we can make it safe for everyone?

At this rate, covid will be here for most of our ilves.

54 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Still the same try and stamp it out and prevent spread with strict lockdown while everyone's vaccinated.

Probably gonna have to fucking go get tested. Feels like the back of my throat/right ear is closing up. Runny nose. Wheezy. Feels like I'm getting body chills and aches. Just got over a long lingering cold and now I'm fucking sick again after the vaccine.

Is that normal for those symptoms after getting vaccine? 

Just at tail end of flu symptoms. Had covid test and was negative. Looking at vaccine ASAP. 

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Just got tested should hear back tomorrow. The nurse said it could be an autoimmune response to the vaccine so I guess it's fairly normal yeah.

This whole situation is really fucking annoying.

I had some of those same symptoms like the chills and body aches. After 36 hours though, I felt fine....but yeah, you gotta love those strong immune responses. Good and bad thing!!! Hang in there. :heart:

A lot of people I know got sick, or at least had a headache, after vaccination, especially after the second shot.

I didn't feel a thing, but then again, I haven't gotten the flu in twenty years either, so I seem to have a good immune system.

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I saw that Trump tried encouraging people to take the vaccine at some rally lately. That's nice, Trump. But apparently people booed him because of "freedom". Freedom? This is like someone offering you a delicious cake and you refusing to take it because of "freedom".

One of the local concert venues had Maroon 5 last night. They put up a fb post saying something like "as a reminder, this artist requires a negative Covid test or proof of vaccination to attend this show" 

The top comment on the post was "Welcome to Nazi America" and it had hundreds of likes. I literally said "WHAT" out loud and just moved on. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

One of the local concert venues had Maroon 5 last night. They put up a fb post saying something like "as a reminder, this artist requires a negative Covid test or proof of vaccination to attend this show" 

The top comment on the post was "Welcome to Nazi America" and it had hundreds of likes. I literally said "WHAT" out loud and just moved on. 

Gah.

One might argue that freedom (to attend concerts) is regained by taking the vaccine. So "freedom!" would be an argument in favor of the vaccine, not against it as the morons on the Trump rally seemed to think.

I get that people don't like that they have to take the vaccine to enjoy stuff they could enjoy freely before, like concerts and travels and restaurants, etc. I get it. It is definitely not ideal. Their freedom has been curbed, there is no denying it. But it has not been curbed because of evil governments who are using a pandemic as a cover to impose measures that control the population, but because of governments responding to a devastating pandemic by imposing unwanted restrictions as an efficient resort to prevent deaths. 

I realize the last part of this had nothing to do with your post, Russ.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Gah.

One might argue that freedom (to attend concerts) is regained by taking the vaccine. So "freedom!" would be an argument in favor of the vaccine, not against it as the morons on the Trump rally seemed to think.

I get that people don't like that they have to take the vaccine to enjoy stuff they could enjoy freely before, like concerts and travels and restaurants, etc. I get it. It is definitely not ideal. Their freedom has been curbed, there is no denying it. But it has not been curbed because of evil governments who are using a pandemic as a cover to impose measures that control the population, but because of governments responding to a devastating pandemic by imposing unwanted restrictions as an efficient resort to prevent deaths. 

I realize the last part of this had nothing to do with your post, Russ.

I try so hard not to engage in this stuff. Even with people who's opinions I respect, such as you and the greater majority of people on this forum. When discussing this topic with people I agree with, I still get easily upset because so much of this just seems like common sense. So even when I'm agreeing with someone on the topic, it still gives me that "why can't others understand this??" feeling. 

On the other side of the coin are people who go to such extreme and incorrect arguments that I can't even have a conversation with them. Just to be clear, when I say "have a conversation with them" I do not mean "try to get them to think like me". I'm genuinely interested in how/why they think differently than me. 

For example, if you truly arrived at the conclusion that Maroon 5 not allowing unvaxxed or untested people at their concerts makes this "Nazi America", then I'd be interested in how your comparison points.

However, you can't even go down that road because if you ask "why/how do you think that?" things immediately get hostile. It's very hostile for someone like me who's always seeking to understand. I may not do the best job at actually understanding, but I'm always seeking. So this current social climate is very tough for me to handle. 

• Like 1

FDA has just granted the Pfizer vaccine full approval status. So anyone using the argument that they are refusing the vaccine because it has only received emergency use authorization -- because they are really little, bittle babies afraid of a tiny pin prick -- will have to find another excuse for their cowardice.

FDA Fully Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine | BioSpace

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

Over 10,000 Dallas students stayed home from school today. the news said they might be home schooling now, but not sure. Parents either way have to notify the schools because they will lose money and school aid.

I wish I was a teacher then I would keep my daughter home. But Dallas doesn't have a set schedule for any parent to home school. I have friends who home school and they can teach their kids whatever they think they need. Very weird.

Anyway, today my school district implemented virtual learning again. I will be curious to see how many parents decided to do this now?

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

FDA has just granted the Pfizer vaccine full approval status. So anyone using the argument that they are refusing the vaccine because it has only received emergency use authorization -- because they are really little, bittle babies afraid of a tiny pin prick -- will have to find another excuse for their cowardice.

FDA Fully Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine | BioSpace

I agree what excuse can they come up with? Oh yeah, religious reasons. I would like to see in what bible it says, don't take a vaccine? Even the Pope is telling all the Catholics to get the vaccine.

I have no idea if any other religions have a law against vaccines too, but it's just really stupid when it can save your life and your child's life.

These people need to use their common sense and get vaccinated asap and maybe we can slow this virus down like we did in the past months. The numbers going up are not good.

I just hope the CDC pushes the vaccine for under 12 before the end of the year.

Norther schools open after labor Day and the clock is ticking.

16 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I agree what excuse can they come up with? Oh yeah, religious reasons. I would like to see in what bible it says, don't take a vaccine?

I have never heard anyone argue against Covid-19 vaccines out of religious reasons. That being said, it is clear there is a lot of opposition to taking the vaccine among some religious groupings, but that could be caused by general conservatism in these groups and not the religion directly. Where I come from, a priest recently received death threats from his flock when he urged them to get vaccinated.

Religious people tend to embrace conspiracy theories more easily than others for various reasons, and one might even argue that the existence of god itself is a conspiracy theory ;) 

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I have never heard anyone argue against Covid-19 vaccines out of religious reasons. That being said, it is clear there is a lot of opposition to taking the vaccine among some religious groupings, but that could be caused by general conservatism in these groups and not the religion directly. Where I come from, a priest recently received death threats from his flock when he urged them to get vaccinated.

Religious people tend to embrace conspiracy theories more easily than others for various reasons, and one might even argue that the existence of god itself is a conspiracy theory ;) 

Well, I live in Texas and they always use religious reasons for all vaccines. Some parents don't get their kids  any vaccines and get exempt from it and they go to school which freaks me out because we don't know who's vaccinated or not? My daughter gets all the vaccines she needs, but Texas thinks they are a country until themselves.

What I want to know is where is this written in any bible since there were no vaccines when the bible was written.

Also so damn sick of parents saying let kids be kids when talking about wearing a damn mask to keep your unvaccinated safe from covid.

I would love to tell them, didn't you play dress up as a kid and love to wear make up or a Mask and dress up and pretend to be a character? Well, tell your kid it's like playing dress up and it can keep you well and keep you safe.

I tell you if I meet one of these moron parents at a meeting, God help them!  What the hell is wrong with these people? If there child gets covid, I think they should be arrested for endangering the life of their child. 

Well, living in Texas you won't win a there's no God argument.

My mom had an argument with a woman when she lived in NY and no matter what she said this woman had a reason for God existing. it was like banging her head against a wall.  Here in Texas is the worse.

Everything is either religion or the Cowboys. And by the way, 3 DAllas Cowboys football players tested positive for covid and the quaterback refuses to get vaccinated and nothing is being done about it. i have to get the hell out of this damn state.

6 hours ago, downzy said:

Based on what we're seeing in Israel, we're all getting booster shots at some point down the road:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ultra-vaccinated-israels-debacle-is-a-dire-warning-to-america?ref=home

I also heard that Canada waiting about 8 or more weeks for a second shot and they seem to be doing well. Heard it on CNN so who the hell knows?

If I need a booster shot now and every year, I will get it.

I just want my daughter and all kids under 12 to get their vaccines as quickly as possible. They're saying the fall. Our Texas kids and all southern kids are already in school, so by the time the northern cities begin in September who knows how many kids will get covid. Numbers keep going up in Texas and Abbott says and does nothing.

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, I live in Texas and they always use religious reasons for all vaccines. Some parents don't get their kids  any vaccines and get exempt from it and they go to school which freaks me out because we don't know who's vaccinated or not?

Don't freak out. Chill. Your daughter will be fine. Her dying from Covid-19 is probably on the order of magnitude as likely as her dying in a car accident. Just take a chill pill and stop worrying so much.

1 minute ago, lame ass security said:

What is it about weed that you don't like?

Knocks me fucking sick and it stinks. I’ve got no issue with people who do smoke it and totally think it should be legal but I’m just not a fan. Last time I was in Amsterdam a couple of years ago I went to a coffee shop with the wife and had a go on a vaporiser. Took one hit and stumbled outside and collapsed in the street. 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Knocks me fucking sick and it stinks. I’ve got no issue with people who do smoke it and totally think it should be legal but I’m just not a fan. Last time I was in Amsterdam a couple of years ago I went to a coffee shop with the wife and had a go on a vaporiser. Took one hit and stumbled outside and collapsed in the street. 😂

I've actually only smoked it a handful of times but I'm interested in smoking more.

Just now, lame ass security said:

I've actually only smoked it a handful of times but I'm interested in smoking more.

I was always more of a fan of pills, powders and booze personally. Weed always fucked me up. Don’t do much of any these days other than the odd gram of coke on a special occasion and a few pints. 

• Like 1