UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

Considering the AfD thing was a year late, why shouldn't the UYI box be e.g. two years late? It's GN'R after all...

Good point - there's not a huge (as in millions of units) demand for it anyway; the hardcore fans who will actually but it will still pay up next year, the year after, whenever.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gavgnr said:

From what I can see, they’re promoting the 35th anniversary of Appetite this year with a whole bunch of new merch. Can’t see them doing UYI in same year.

Hopefully (now this is asking for trouble 😂) this gives a new album a half decent shot last quarter ‘22

*Narrator's voice* "Needless to say, last quarter '22 came and went without a 'new album'." 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, axlfan88 said:

It would make more sense to release it in November, in order to get better sales in Black Friday and Christmas.

Do we fans ever learn? :lol: This sentence is like a motto and an epitaph (it would have made more sense...) of GNR fandomhood. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Do we fans ever learn? :lol: This sentence is like a motto and an epitaph (it would have made more sense...) of GNR fandomhood. 

Hey now. We've said this about every November since like 1999 - and it was true that one time! Maybe the Legend of the Red Panda will come true eventually..... #SoonIsTheWord #NowWeBelieveEvenMore

• Like 1

I for one don't believe in a random release date for no reason, in like, November. What's the point in releasing this boxset if not for the anniversary. If it's not coming out September 17th I don't see it coming out this year, if ever until maybe the 35th Anniversary in 4 years.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I for one don't believe in a random release date for no reason, in like, November. What's the point in releasing this boxset if not for the anniversary. If it's not coming out September 17th I don't see it coming out this year, if ever until maybe the 35th Anniversary then in 4 years.

we have the AFD box set release behind us to maybe give us a clue about how the UYI box set might be released: with no real regard to the anniversaty date of the UYI albums. So it's possible it will be this year or next year for example in a completely unrelated date. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

we have the AFD box set release behind us to maybe give us a clue about how the UYI box set might be released: with no real regard to the anniversaty date of the UYI albums. So it's possible it will be this year or next year for example in a completely unrelated date. 

Didn't the AFD boxset drop on AFDs release date? If not, you might be onto something. If yes, I don't see it happening.

10 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Didn't the AFD boxset drop on AFDs release date? If not, you might be onto something. If yes, I don't see it happening.

It dropped 11 months after its 30th anniversary. If the same pattern follows for UYI, we’d b looking at October.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

AFD was released in 21 of July, 1987

the AFD box set was released in 29 of June, 2018

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

It dropped 11 months after its 30th anniversary. If the same pattern follows for UYI, we’d b looking at October.

There is no pattern. They work at a snails pace and then still are going to only come out with some underwhelming release like live shows -but without the video- even though they have it, just wait. I don't even have high hopes that this is gonna be that great.

Once we realize we are waiting for: a slightly better audio than original remaster, some demos we've all heard, and audio only live recordings, and physical perks no one cares about, then..the wait is not that bad.:lol:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

There is no pattern. They work at a snails pace and then still are going to only come out with some underwhelming release like live shows -but without the video- even though they have it, just wait. I don't even have high hopes that this is gonna be that great.

Once we realize we are waiting for: a slightly better audio than original remaster, some demos we've all heard, and audio only live recordings, and physical perks no one cares about, then..the wait is not that bad.:lol:

don't be so quick to judge before trying the product is the best course of action imho. The AFD box set did have a bunch of cool shit in it, alongside some of the useless shit like the 5.1 thing. In Gn'R land, any product is better than no product if we're talking about actual music and video.

and I agree, there is no pattern that I can detect. Maybe the only pattern is shit might get released if Axl is in the mood and the product is actually completed. You never know what Axl might do or not do is how I look at it at least which always leaves a chance for something cool and important for us to happen as long the band is still active/semi active.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

don't be so quick to judge before trying the product is the best course of action imho. The AFD box set did have a bunch of cool shit in it, alongside some of the useless shit like the 5.1 thing. In Gn'R land, any product is better than no product if we're talking about actual music and video.

and I agree, there is no pattern that I can detect. Maybe the only pattern is shit might get released if Axl is in the mood and the product is actually completed. You never know what Axl might do or not do is how I look at it at least which always leaves a chance for something cool and important for us to happen as long the band is still active/semi active.

Whilst I agree the tatts and rings were OTT….the 5.1 disc was absolutely brilliant IMO. I get it’s not for everyone and maybe it could have had a stand-alone release but it was far from being the biggest waste of space in the set.

• Like 1

I want an official release of ALL the home videos and behind the scenes stuff that the band filmed during the whole Illusions tour. Documentary style, with interviews, all the story lines... everything. If they have official, select tracks that were professionally recorded live, throw those in as well to spice it up but it's unnecessary. And on the bonus disc, the entire Paris show in all it's unedited glory. If they released something like that, I'd pretty much pay whatever they were asking.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

What are you talking about? 5.1 is amazing. Have you ever heard it? Plug in some headphones and be amazed by the remix, even in regular stereo, it's AFD like you've NEVER heard it before.

since this is the Illusions we are talking about, isn't the most proper way for them to be celebrated is by anticipating a certain time, only to be LATE????????

and btw, I listened to the 5.1 version of AFD in my car today.  can't tell a freaking difference between that and the AFD cd I've owned since 1988.  

• Wow 1

7 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Whilst I agree the tatts and rings were OTT….the 5.1 disc was absolutely brilliant IMO. I get it’s not for everyone and maybe it could have had a stand-alone release but it was far from being the biggest waste of space in the set.

3 hours ago, Inamible said:

What are you talking about? 5.1 is amazing. Have you ever heard it? Plug in some headphones and be amazed by the remix, even in regular stereo, it's AFD like you've NEVER heard it before.

yes, I meant the 5.1 cd was great. Worded it in a weird way cause I was tired last night.

17 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

since this is the Illusions we are talking about, isn't the most proper way for them to be celebrated is by anticipating a certain time, only to be LATE????????

and btw, I listened to the 5.1 version of AFD in my car today.  can't tell a freaking difference between that and the AFD cd I've owned since 1988.  

Wasn't the 5.1 cd actually a Blu-ray? How did you play it in the car? 

I've actually never played mine as I assumed it was just a Blu-ray and I don't have a player.....

• Like 1