UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

2 minutes ago, troccoli said:

First, thank you, you are too kind.  Secondly, I just know the work they have put in to this thing, and I don't think they would abandon all that now.

I honestly do not know when, but I do know it is coming.

LOL, classic!  I have been told it will be cheaper this time.  Note I did not say cheap, just cheaper.  I have not been told the exact price, but they did acknowledge that was an issue with the last box.

I would have to imagine that as well I think.

Completely agreed.  I would rather any company take time to get things right.  We will see!

Thanks for the info! :headbang:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, troccoli said:

First, thank you, you are too kind.  Secondly, I just know the work they have put in to this thing, and I don't think they would abandon all that now.

LOL, classic!  I have been told it will be cheaper this time.  Note I did not say cheap, just cheaper.  I have not been told the exact price, but they did acknowledge that was an issue with the last box.

Completely agreed.  I would rather any company take time to get things right.  We will see!

Any idea if we will get any remastered concert videos & any 90-96 demos? TSI unheard stuff?

Just now, Percabi said:

Any idea if we will get any remastered concert videos & any 90-96 demos? TSI unheard stuff?

I can't say for sure, but I do recall asking early on if it would include any TSI stuff.  Especially because the TSI album was released while UYI stuff was still going on, the release of the Estranged single as an example.  But I was told no.  Now whether or not any of that changed I couldn't say.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, troccoli said:

I can't say for sure, but I do recall asking early on if it would include any TSI stuff.  Especially because the TSI album was released while UYI stuff was still going on, the release of the Estranged single as an example.  But I was told no.  Now whether or not any of that changed I couldn't say.

That is a shame. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Hopefully it's more reasonable than the AFD set. It went from $1,000 to like $400 and a free record player. Anything over $100 is only gonna be bought by diehards anyway. 

I wasn't too interested in all the swag so I was happy to end up scoring a bunch of the Deluxe sets for like $40 bucks each.. I really have no use for CDs though so not sure if I would even buy this one.  I am really only interested in Vinyl and  Live BluRays for purchase. I would just stream anything else.

I think it is so cool that I can play the Acoustic Jumpin Jack Flash on touchtunes when I am having a drink a the bar now. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, troccoli said:

40 minutes ago, Percabi said:

That is a shame. 

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Would love to hear TSI stuff recorded with Izzy if they have any of that.

Yeah it would be cool to hear the original TSI songs, I remember some of the Izzy versions were on YouTube before everything got taken down.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, troccoli said:

I’m not gonna lie - anytime you post on this thread is a definite plus point. 🤣

Im not sure if you know/can say - but there was some discussion recently on another website that a surround sound version of the UYI had been worked on by Steven Wilson (and apparently rejected). Do you know if there is any truth to that - or even if the surround disc was even discussed by the project?

Cheers 👍

Edited by DTJ80

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I need the Proshot of the show where Axl just sits down the entire time, and introduces SCOM as "This song is about getting fucked in the ass with a coke bottle" followed by the intro riff.

Hannover, 06.03.92. 

8 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I’m not gonna lie - anytime you post on this thread is a definite plus point. 🤣

Im not sure if you know/can say - but there was some discussion recently on another website that a surround sound version of the UYI had been worked on by Steven Wilson (and apparently rejected). Do you know if there is any truth to that - or even if the surround disc was even discussed by the project?

Cheers 👍

You are too kind, but thank you.  I haven't heard about that, but it sounds great.  I would also like the other mixes of the albums.  For example the Bob Clearmountain mixes.  But I suppose they might look at it froma point of who cares about minor variations.  I mean us the diehard fans might, but who else?  For example, the Chinese Democracy locker leaks.  Half a decibel drums up, half a decibel drums down, etc.  But for me, personally, I say just throw whatever you got on there, you know?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, troccoli said:

You are too kind, but thank you.  I haven't heard about that, but it sounds great.  I would also like the other mixes of the albums.  For example the Bob Clearmountain mixes.  But I suppose they might look at it froma point of who cares about minor variations.  I mean us the diehard fans might, but who else?  For example, the Chinese Democracy locker leaks.  Half a decibel drums up, half a decibel drums down, etc.  But for me, personally, I say just throw whatever you got on there, you know?

Totally. What makes the alt mixes more interesting is Slash’s comments about some of the mixes being quite ‘raw sounding’. Like you - I want it all….throw it all in. If they want to keep the cost down - make the alt mixes available via download or something. As you well know….GNR doesn’t have an abundance of material so if alt mixes of existing material is an option - we will take it! 🤣

Re the surround query….someone on the Steve Hoffman forums claimed to have direct link to Steven Wilson and said GNR had rejected his Dolby Atmos mix of the UYI albums?!? There was also a comment that GNR didn’t appear fussed for surround mixes….which is odd seeing as AFD had one and was universally lauded as being awesome.

Fingers crossed its either included in the set or even released separately. Can you imaging a surround mix of November Rain….Estranged….Coma….Garden Of Eden with all the sound effects….🤯

Thanks again for your updates - I’m really looking forward to seeing what we get. 👍

Edited by DTJ80
  • Wow 1

9 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Confirmed: no new music this year either because of UYI release. Another excuse to justify this neverending touring

the neverending touring is what the band is since 2008 and nobody really expect new music from guns n roses beside this forum lol, the uyi box is the most wanted thing now bc the proshots and the mixes/outakes/rarestuff from uyi era, ofc i would love new music but UYI BOX is really hot right know (zoolander pun)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

You can’t blame folk buying the AFD/UYI sets for being the reason they won’t release more new music. 🤣

I remember buying the AFD set because of being naive enough to think GN'R was testing the waters to release an actual new album after it, so I thought it was worth to pay that money for the set.

5 or 6 years later, the next album they are releasing is pretty much the same thing, another set of stuff we all have heard.

Anything to use as an excuse to keep touring as long as it's not a new album.

And don't get me wrong, I would love to have a set like this, but it's been 14 years of silence, it's been 14 years of pain, it's been 14 years since Chinese.

This should have been released 1 or 2 years ago, and if we should get anything this year should be an album.

Come to think of it, how ABSUЯD is to release 2 songs 1 year ago, with no promotion, no comments about it, no press, nothing, and silence for an entire year.

What is the meaning of releasing these 2 songs out of nowhere just because potato?

Edited by Uncle Bob