UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Wasn't the 5.1 cd actually a Blu-ray? How did you play it in the car? 

I've actually never played mine as I assumed it was just a Blu-ray and I don't have a player.....

It is a Blu ray. Some folk actually do have Blu Ray players in their cars and surround set-ups using the car speakers…!

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

On 8/2/2022 at 6:18 PM, axlvai said:

Probably he didnt played that one disc in the car. 

Is clearly different, with new vocals in some parts and guitars.

To add. Mr brownstone is the best imo.

where are the new vocals and guitars?   I just listened again (and yes it's the blue ray) and I didn't hear new guitar or vocals.  (only listened to nightrain and Brownstone bc i like the videos).  I mean, the songs sound clearer than the original release,  but I can't say it's that different than the original.  I guess I just don't have the right speakers (which I'm betting I dont) 

I wish I don't have to be this pessimistic but the way I see it from the obvious ad-planning standpoint and my personal view is that: just like the new album, this boxset will probably never materialize, what fkn excuse do they even have? there SHOULDN'T BE ANY at this point... the pandemic, again?... logistic issues, again?, it's already August and not only we don't have shit... but is there really enough time left before summer ends or another anniversary date passes TO AT LEAST DO what they did last time with the AFD box? the promo they launched including the billboards and the website countdown... does anyone remember that? If they really wanted to at least improve the sales number, the time to actually do something about it is most likely gone... it seems to me that they're already giving up on this thing... I mean who is even in charge of planning this? jesus fkn christ... now the only remaining scenario will be a surprise launch, but I bet we'll get to the day the sun doesn't rise anymore before witnessing a GnR surprise launch of any kind. F*ck this shit, man.  (my opinion ofc... I'd love to see them announce it tomorrow)

3 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

where are the new vocals and guitars?   I just listened again (and yes it's the blue ray) and I didn't hear new guitar or vocals.  (only listened to nightrain and Brownstone bc i like the videos).  I mean, the songs sound clearer than the original release,  but I can't say it's that different than the original.  I guess I just don't have the right speakers (which I'm betting I dont) 

Im gonna write the ones when i listen again.

1 ex is in wttj the first scream on the intro is new.

Edited by axlvai

7 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I wish I don't have to be this pessimistic but the way I see it from the obvious ad-planning standpoint and my personal view is that: just like the new album, this boxset will probably never materialize, what fkn excuse do they even have? there SHOULDN'T BE ANY at this point... the pandemic, again?... logistic issues, again?, it's already August and not only we don't have shit... but is there really enough time left before summer ends or another anniversary date passes TO AT LEAST DO what they did last time with the AFD box? the promo they launched including the billboards and the website countdown... does anyone remember that? If they really wanted to at least improve the sales number, the time to actually do something about it is most likely gone... it seems to me that they're already giving up on this thing... I mean who is even in charge of planning this? jesus fkn christ... now the only remaining scenario will be a surprise launch, but I bet we'll get to the day the sun doesn't rise anymore before witnessing a GnR surprise launch of any kind. F*ck this shit, man.  (my opinion ofc... I'd love to see them announce it tomorrow)

For christmas :ph34r:

Just save money until the time comes. This will be more bigger. Imo. My feeling about this... is more work than AFD Boxset and this time will win the best boxset.

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

We know jack shit about the new album, but as for the box set, Slash did reveal some details, and I see no reason why it shouldn’t materialize eventually. I mean, it looks like there’s actually something tangible. The fact they don’t give a shit about timing or anniversaries is a different thing. 

53 minutes ago, jamillos said:

We know jack shit about the new album, but as for the box set, Slash did reveal some details, and I see no reason why it shouldn’t materialize eventually. I mean, it looks like there’s actually something tangible. The fact they don’t give a shit about timing or anniversaries is a different thing. 

Yes, and in addition, @troccolihas provided some more information that strongly suggests the band has been working on putting together the UYI boxset. When it ill come out, on the other hand, is anyone's guess.

• Like 3

Sounds hopeful.....

I also hope that in the middle of the cost of living crisis it's priced sensibly.

With all formats of the AFD one being available so cheaply a few months after release, it would seem mad to snap it up straight away if the price isn't decent. 

The record label must have learnt their lesson with AFD.....right?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

Wait, the AFD 5.1 blu-ray comes with videos for all the songs?

19 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

I'll give it a listen, but new layers? I'd be surprised. I guess it's more likely that people are perhaps comparing CD/Blu-ray to compressed MP3.

I might be teaching my grandma to suck eggs (if so, I apologise), but if you listen to any lossless FLAC track on a wired set of headphones and with a DAC you'll hear so much shit you've never heard on shitty Bluetooth connected MP3. They're not new layers, they just happen to be audible now. I remember listening to TWAT for the firs time in lossless with a DAC. It was mind-blowing. 

Edited by invisible_rose
  • ABSUЯD 1

There are layers in 5.1. Paradise City it's a new remix, Sweet child O'Mine has an extra scream in one of the verses but the biggest difference is the extra dialogue in Used To Love Her before the song. 

I guess a lot of people just assumed it was the same version of AFD and haven't even heard the 5.1 since 2018

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Inamible said:

There are layers in 5.1. Paradise City it's a new remix, Sweet child O'Mine has an extra scream in one of the verses but the biggest difference is the extra dialogue in Used To Love Her before the song. 

I guess a lot of people just assumed it was the same version of AFD and haven't even heard the 5.1 since 2018

What are you talking about? Used To Love Her doesn’t have 5.1 mix, and why should it

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

So if I we t out and bought a Blu Ray player to finally play this disc, would it be a bit of a pointless exercise unless I also bought some sort of speaker system to plug into it too? 

Not at all, because the 5.1 remix is also a "remastered stereo" (hence the layers we're talking about), so even if you can't have the full surround experience, you're going to enjoy a VERY different mix of each song (yes, even UTLH).

Just try to listen to it with the best pair of headphones you have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inamible said:

Not at all, because the 5.1 remix is also a "remastered stereo" (hence the layers we're talking about), so even if you can't have the full surround experience, you're going to enjoy a VERY different mix of each song (yes, even UTLH).

Just try to listen to it with the best pair of headphones you have.

Great. Thanks for the advice!