UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

7 hours ago, chinese stew said:

The main problem here is Matt Sorum.

Axl HATES Sorum. 

Releasing those shows would promote Matt unless he is edited out somehow. 

Also I  don't  know how royalties  work  but Axl wouldn't want to give a penny to Matt.

I’m not convinced there is much hate these days. They may not be compatible in a band anymore right enough but can’t see something like this being an issue delaying the set. We know they have been working on surround discs recently so it’s still being worked on.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, chinese stew said:

Have you read Matt's book?

Both versions. The leaked version and the one recently released. Still doesn’t indicate any hatred. Keep in mind, hate is a strong word. Axl could dislike him, hate him, feel indifferent about him, etc. none of us outsiders know.  Hell, Axl even gave Steven Adler a hug a few years ago when they played together… anything is possible. From the outside looking in, just judging from the shows, Axl appears more at peace with life in general and I’m not so sure he’s walking around hating Sorum or holding any grudges 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ryanf23 said:

Both versions. The leaked version and the one recently released. Still doesn’t indicate any hatred. Keep in mind, hate is a strong word. Axl could dislike him, hate him, feel indifferent about him, etc. none of us outsiders know.  Hell, Axl even gave Steven Adler a hug a few years ago when they played together… anything is possible. From the outside looking in, just judging from the shows, Axl appears more at peace with life in general and I’m not so sure he’s walking around hating Sorum or holding any grudges 

Is there much difference between the releases? I read the first draft but not the released version. 

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

Is there much difference between the releases? I read the first draft but not the released version. 

Not much from what I can tell. I think I recall someone else mentioning two things removed:

1. Sorum saying Stephanie Seymour hit on him

2. duff saying Frank sucked 

it was a long time since I read the leaked version but the book seems like about the same what I remember reading 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ryanf23 said:

Not much from what I can tell. I think I recall someone else mentioning two things removed:

1. Sorum saying Stephanie Seymour hit on him

2. duff saying Frank sucked 

it was a long time since I read the leaked version but the book seems like about the same what I remember reading 

The chapter about the breakup of the band has also been heavily edited and a lot of stuff removed.

And there are a few other stories that have been taken out:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2022 at 7:22 PM, ryanf23 said:

Adler didn't talk about Seymour grabbing his balls or wanting to bang Duff.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chinese stew said:

Adler didn't talk about Seymour grabbing his balls or wanting to bang Duff.

No, but Axl also said that Adler almost got Erin Everly killed on a drug concoction back in a 1990 interview I believe. Plus… you assume Axl even read the leaked version of Sorum book. We don’t know if he did or didn’t. Another assumption you’re making is Axl even gives a damn today what happened with his ex 30 years ago

Edited by ryanf23

8 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I’m not sure how these things work but does everyone on those live show tapes have to sign a release approving it?

That could be the hold up if Matt, Izzy or Steven won’t sign.

No - please no more speculating about what "could be the hold up" with this group's failure to release things- the hold ups are either Axl Rose or the band's "management" (or a combination of the 2). And if I'm wrong I'll gladly buy you a copy of the new album.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rodzilla72 said:

No - please no more speculating about what "could be the hold up" with this group's failure to release things- the hold ups are either Axl Rose or the band's "management" (or a combination of the 2). And if I'm wrong I'll gladly buy you a copy of the new album.

Definitely Axl since it's been like this for the last 4-5 managers or so. 

• Like 3

i think the thing is on hold bc burocratics issues and technical things like edits and merch kinda things, but i doubt axl had something to do with that, maybe he was consult in the beggining opf the idea but now he s bussy with the tour stuff and vocal health.( in my opinion)

14 hours ago, darkside259 said:

i think the thing is on hold bc burocratics issues and technical things like edits and merch kinda things, but i doubt axl had something to do with that, maybe he was consult in the beggining opf the idea but now he s bussy with the tour stuff and vocal health.( in my opinion)

And why 'bureaucratic and technical' issues only happen to GNR?

besides, I don't think designing cover art or merch is an issue considering ZERO effort seen on recent designs (Hardskool coverart using stock and disaster merch graphics)

We all know who's the final decision maker ;-)

On 12/13/2021 at 10:07 PM, Towelie said:

That's 2022's excuse for no new material sorted.

This is gold & and here's an update:

That's 2023's excuse for no new material sorted.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

And why 'bureaucratic and technical' issues only happen to GNR?

besides, I don't think designing cover art or merch is an issue considering ZERO effort seen on recent designs (Hardskool coverart using stock and disaster merch graphics)

We all know who's the final decision maker ;-)

This is gold & and here's an update:

That's 2023's excuse for no new material sorted.

Yeah, there always seems to be some sort of "force majeure" acting to the detriment of either Guns’ releases of any sort or live performance, be it in-ear monitor or other technical issues and problems with the venue, or bureaucratic issues / problems with securing the rights to footage or selecting and processing material, or even just sitting down and getting to it. Always in the world of GNR, never with the other, similar major bands, who have meanwhile released several albums, videos and other stuff, including normal communication with the fans, i.e. the source of income. Axl must have made an agreement with the devil, or maybe it’s because that woman guru of his has died, idk but he seems to be cursed. Or maybe it’s something else...

But! The main thing is, he looks less bloated, is cracking jokes, they’re on yet another tour leg, and this time they play DTJ before WTTJ! 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/18/2022 at 5:29 AM, megaguns1982 said:

I’m not sure how these things work but does everyone on those live show tapes have to sign a release approving it?

That could be the hold up if Matt, Izzy or Steven won’t sign.

They have to give consent to use their image and audio from their performance.  That could have been agreed to back when the shows were performed.  If not, then it would be needed before any release.

2 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

They have to give consent to use their image and audio from their performance.  That could have been agreed to back when the shows were performed.  If not, then it would be needed before any release.

Agreed, but realistically, you've gotta assumed (hope) that any performances and anything recorded will be owned by Guns N' Rose the legal business entity. It isn't like the rest of the band were random performers who perhaps need to give consent if there wasn't a contract in place.

3 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

Agreed, but realistically, you've gotta assumed (hope) that any performances and anything recorded will be owned by Guns N' Rose the legal business entity. It isn't like the rest of the band were random performers who perhaps need to give consent if there wasn't a contract in place.

Assuming they had the foresight to know they might want to release live shows some day....I would guess they took care of Adler/Izzy when they were buying them out of the band and it was stipulated in Sorum/Gilby's contract that they could use their performances for future releases. Again, assuming they had any foresight which could be a big assumption. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Assuming they had the foresight to know they might want to release live shows some day....I would guess they took care of Adler/Izzy when they were buying them out of the band and it was stipulated in Sorum/Gilby's contract that they could use their performances for future releases. Again, assuming they had any foresight which could be a big assumption. 

We know that they did intend to release UYI shows and a documentary in the early '90s, so I would imagine that they took care of that legal aspect back then.  On the other hand, Gilby had sued them for using his name and likeness in the pinball machine, but that was probably a different kind of matter.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 1:24 PM, darkside259 said:

I heard that due to covid there has been supply issues with some of the materials and this has delayed the box set release. They’re hoping to have the temporary tattoos ready for inclusion by the end of August. (Which august wasn’t stated) 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, EvH said:

I would be so disappointed if there was no multichannel mix. The one done for Appetite was really good.

Apparently an Atmos mix was made by Steven Wilson but rejected by the band. Hopefully they changed their mind OR it gets its own separate release in the future.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Apparently an Atmos mix was made by Steven Wilson but rejected by the band. Hopefully they changed their mind OR it gets its own separate release in the future.

Only in Guns N' Roses land would they reject a mix made by one of the most well regarded remixers out there right now :lol: