New Slash Interview (Rolling Stone)

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

If the theory is true that the plan was always to only release four songs, then why not just release all four at once? Why only two at a time?

Not saying the theory is incorrect. I’m just genuinely curious, is all.

To spread it out as long as possible so they can tour, presumably. Although we know they'd be touring anyway so I don't know. 

5 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

To spread it out as long as possible so they can tour, presumably. Although we know they'd be touring anyway so I don't know. 

Tbf they did release Absurd at the beginning of a tour where and then HardSkool at the end of that same tour leg. Wonder if they’ll be following a similar pattern again this year. I also wonder how the UYI box fits into all this.

• Like 4

We're in the streaming age where album sales are kind of incidental at this point. If they really plan on releasing more stuff this year then that's great news.

I imagine it'll be a lot like last year where you'll see them on YouTube and other services the day of release. It'd also make sense for them to add these songs to the setlist.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

Completely backs up what I've been saying all along.

Joke is on anyone who thought those other fairytale songs existed.

Hes basically telling you there is 2.

Look, I'm not even gonna be funny here, that he so specifically says there will be 2 IS funny. If there were more he would have just said "there's more songs coming" or something like that, but he specified it.

However, we know The General exists, and it exists with vocals due to the cellphone leak. So that's 3 they could release already, 1 more than Slash says here. So what I believe, they did only work on 2 more songs, - so far -, they just didn't get to more yet.

13 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If the theory is true that the plan was always to only release four songs, then why not just release all four at once? Why only two at a time?

Not saying the theory is incorrect. I’m just genuinely curious, is all.

So they can sell another CD to idiots who handed over their hard earned money for 20 year old throwaways 'to support the band'.

To use as promotional material for the next leg of the tour because he won't give interviews or go on chat shows or do any other kind of promotion.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

we’ve got some songs and we’re releasing another one at some point soon, and there’ll be another one after that.

He mentions two being released "at some point soon" but also says "some songs". Some usually means more than two...

I take that to mean there's two in the can ready to go, and more they'll be retooling in a similar fashion to Absurd and Hard Skool at some point down the line.

I don't for a second think there's only two, full stop, and I think that quote alludes to that as well.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

He mentions two being released "at some point soon" but also says "some songs". Some usually means more than two...

I take that to mean there's two in the can ready to go, and more they'll be retooling in a similar fashion to Absurd and Hard Skool at some point down the line.

I don't for a second think there's only two, full stop, and I think that quote alludes to that as well.

You're gonna be bitterly disappointed then.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Why would he not just say "we've got some songs, and we're releasing one soon". Instead of that, he actually specified further that a 2nd one will be coming after the first one he mentioned. That's so weird and unusual to specify like that. I think they got 2 more songs ready to go and are work in progress on more. We know 3 exist atleast that could come out.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Why would he not just say "we've got some songs, and we're releasing one soon". Instead of that, he actually specified further that a 2nd one will be coming after the first one he mentioned. That's so weird and unusual to specify like that. I think they got 2 more songs ready to go and are work in progress on more.

He did say that. He also said there was another coming soon after – he's given you more than what you're asking for! I don't see the issue.

If two are coming out in quick succession like Absurd and Hard Skool, with the rest coming further down the line, why not acknowledge that?

I think too much is being read into a throwaway comment to be honest

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Why would he not just say "we've got some songs, and we're releasing one soon". Instead of that, he actually specified further that a 2nd one will be coming after the first one he mentioned. That's so weird and unusual to specify like that. I think they got 2 more songs ready to go and are work in progress on more.

Oh they definitely have 2 ready to go.  Maybe a third.

They are probably hoping Rose will do more, but starting to realize he won't.

His answer absolutely suggests what I've been saying for years

It's funny the way his answers are going.  

From 'there will be a new album'............... to 'there will be an album of old Axl songs'.................. to 'there will be two songs coming out'.

I can't wait until they drop the names of these two songs he's talking about :lol:

Edited by Pele
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Pele said:

Completely backs up what I've been saying all along.

Joke is on anyone who thought those other fairytale songs existed.

Hes basically telling you there is 2.

Haha, in other words, you're annoyed because Slash has confirmed exactly what I've been saying all along.

How does it back up what you're saying? There's two more coming soon, he didn't say "there's a song called Atlas and one called perhaps that we're releasing soon. Even IF they are released next it means nothing though, because Slash has also said there is more material. He used the word Bunch in a previous interview, a bunch is at least 4, plus HS and Absurd that makes 6 songs which is at minimum 2 short to be a full album. If Slash does an interview and says "we're just going to release an EP" then I will say you're in the ballpark of being backed up.

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Look, I'm not even gonna be funny here, that he so specifically says there will be 2 IS funny. If there were more he would have just said "there's more songs coming" or something like that, but he specified it.

However, we know The General exists, and it exists with vocals due to the cellphone leak. So that's 3 they could release already, 1 more than Slash says here. So what I believe, they did only work on 2 more songs, - so far -, they just didn't get to more yet.

No... he said there's 2 songs they are releasing soon, and they are part of a larger collection of songs that they are working on. It's pretty clear in what he said. He didn't say there was definitely an album this year, but there is an album of material that they are working on for some point in the future. ALSO, Slash is famously coy with the press. He denied the reunion right up until the day it was announced, saying he had no idea where the rumours came from and his focus was SMKC, what makes you think he's going to give the full behind the scenes of a new GNR album now?

• Like 4