Put SMKC Aside

3 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Slash, Duff, Izzy Adler or Sorum

put a band together. Write and record a new album in 10 days. No bullshit.

Izzy & Duff on vocals

That would be the smart play, should have done it 30 years ago. the original band was so good, we would have got heaps of great albums from them.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Izzy & Duff on vocals

They're not good vocalists, I'm sure you're aware of that. No range, no breath, such vocals can't get through fast paced hard rock music with strong Slash riffs. Even Weiland struggled with some songs, but he was charismatic enough to fill the space. 

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

They're not good vocalists, I'm sure you're aware of that. No range, no breath, such vocals can't get through fast paced hard rock music with strong Slash riffs. Even Weiland struggled with some songs, but he was charismatic enough to fill the space. 

More Izzy style songs!

• Like 3

laughable at best... C'mon if Izzy wanted to do something big, he would do something big, the fact that he hasn't done anything in that regard in over twenty years should say something. a GN'R album with Slash on vocals and Axl on drums seems more likely at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, AlterL said:

laughable at best... C'mon if Izzy wanted to do something big, he would do something big, the fact that he hasn't done anything in that regard in over twenty years should say something. a GN'R album with Slash on vocals and Axl on drums seems more likely at this point.

I’m not sure I follow this post. Izzy has released over 10 albums since he left GNR, with some of the best stuff any of the GNR members have done.

Are you saying something only matters if lots of other people buy it ? Or that touring the same songs sporadically for 30 years is preferable over heaps of great new stuff ?

Its a genuine question - I’m trying to follow your logic here.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Slash, Duff, Izzy Adler or Sorum

put a band together. Write and record a new album in 10 days. No bullshit.

Izzy & Duff on vocals

Considering Axl is in neither that lineup or the Conspirators, Slash doesn't need to put anything aside - he can probably do new albums from both in 10 days lmao

2 hours ago, Euchre said:

I’m not sure I follow this post. Izzy has released over 10 albums since he left GNR, with some of the best stuff any of the GNR members have done.

Are you saying something only matters if lots of other people buy it ? Or that touring the same songs sporadically for 30 years is preferable over heaps of great new stuff ?

Its a genuine question - I’m trying to follow your logic here.

I'm talking about doing serious long tours, promotions, trying to get something to grow, not just doing albums and leaving them there for someone to find them, I enjoy indie artists, hell my favorite GN'R guitarists are Bucket and Bumble and my favorite solo albums from any of the GN'R members have to be the Tommy Stinson solo records but the amount of work a project involving Slash and Duff would bring, is not something Izzy is interested in, and that is ok, he made his money, sold what he needed to sell and now gets to live his happy ending doing whatever it is he wants to do on his terms. Nothing wrong with that, I'm not putting him down, I'm just saying that if he wanted the amount of work that big projects like these carry, he would have done them long ago.

• Like 2

SMKC are nothing to do with gnr's output. There was no output before Slash and there's buggar all now but it isn't up to Slash. 

If Slash had any sway they'd be in the studio every 2nd year and the setlist would be rotated constantly.

Also... "Get Izzy and Steven or sorum" is not a recipe to make something as good as AFD or UYI. It just isn't. If they all came back they are 30yrs older than they were, they (aside from Adler) are no longer driven by wanting to be no 1, the hunger isn't there and so the music would likely be fairly bleh. Now... It has happened that older successful musicians have reconvened and released a great album Heaven and hells - the devil you know, nobody was expecting that to be as good as it is. I just don't hear that hunger in Slash's playing anymore and I don't hear it in SMKC or duffs solo work. They like playing, but making music seems to be means to tour, rather than artistic expression. And Axl?? God knows, but I don't think he's that bothered. He'd tour indefinitely playing the sane set every night and that's while playing with a band he hand picked.

• Like 2

SMKC needs to go.. I really tried to like them and they had some good songs on the first two albums but their music has become incredibley generic and boring.. As nice of a guy as Myles is, he is a terrible fit for this Slash.. My friend who is a big Guns/Slash fan was over last night saying pretty much the same thing.  I don't even care to see them live anymore and I had seen them every chance I could get prior to the LTD tour.. To me they always sounded better live than in the studio (including Myles). The band is tight. I really enjoyed the eclectic setlist they initially had.  For me the highlights were the Guns and Velvet Revolver songs for the most part along with a few of the better SMKC songs like Anastasia and "Back From Cali".   I just don't care to see an entire setlist of SMKC songs... This sucks as Slash is one of my top all time favorite guitarists.  This is two albums in a row now that I don't give a shit about.. The first albums ever that he has been  involved with and I feel this way..  Such a waste... The lineup in the original post is a dream come true but it isn't going to happen.  I would love to see him try anything different at this point though. This band certainly doesn't bring out the best of him. I know a lot of people outside this forum who feel the same way..

• Like 1