what is the best Song to open a show with?

Guns have opened with loads of different songs especially during the UYI tour but what if they did it now what other songs could work as openers. I'd say Rocket Queen, My Michelle and SCOM but what other songs would work as openng songs

during the UYI tour they opened with acording to https://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html?tour=4bd61b62

Nightrain 29 times

Welcome to the Jungle 28 times

it's so easy 26 times

Perfect Crime 25 times

Pretty tied up 6 times

Right next door to hell 5 times

Out Ta Get Me 4 times

Coma & Mr Brownstone 2 times

You Could be mine 1 time

if it doesn't make sense sorry i just thought of this and havev't really put in a lot of effort

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

Guns have opened with loads of different songs especially during the UYI tour but what if they did it now what other songs could work as openers. I'd say Rocket Queen, My Michelle and SCOM but what other songs would work as openng songs

during the UYI tour they opened with acording to https://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html?tour=4bd61b62

Nightrain 29 times

Welcome to the Jungle 28 times

it's so easy 26 times

Perfect Crime 25 times

Pretty tied up 6 times

Right next door to hell 5 times

Out Ta Get Me 4 times

Coma & Mr Brownstone 2 times

You Could be mine 1 time

if it doesn't make sense sorry i just thought of this and havev't really put in a lot of effort

I’m not 100% sure here in what im saying, but I’m guessing those stats are wrong. I don’t know that Coma or You could be mine or Pretty Tied Up opened a show. Maybe Jungle did, but not that I recall. Some of the heads on here can confirm...

setlistfm is a handy resource, but it’s not complete or entirely accurate. 

• Like 1

You're Crazy (slow version) was a cool opener for some of the '88 shows and would be a good one for the current band. The drum beat starts, the stage lights go on, and Slash kicks into that riff.

Pretty Tied Up would be a good one for this lineup, too.

1 minute ago, Powderfinger said:

I’m not 100% sure here in what im saying, but I’m guessing those stats are wrong. I don’t know that Coma or You could be mine or Pretty Tied Up opened a show. Maybe Jungle did, but not that I recall. Some of the heads on here can confirm...

setlistfm is a handy resource, but it’s not complete or entirely accurate. 

Coma opened Richfield '91 and one of the Tokyo '92 shows. Pretty Tied Up opened Rio and a couple other '91 shows. But I can't remember which show YCBM opened, and I thought Brownstone only opened 1 show...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You're Crazy (slow version) was a cool opener for some of the '88 shows and would be a good one for the current band. The drum beat starts, the stage lights go on, and Slash kicks into that riff.

Coma opened Richfield '91 and one of the Tokyo '92 shows. Pretty Tied Up opened Rio and a couple other '91 shows. But I can't remember which show YCBM opened, and I thought Brownstone only opened 1 show...

YCBM opened Denver July 11th 1991 then Brownstone opened both Finland shows in 1991

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the Jungle would be a badass opener if done right with the lighting. It's So Easy has such killer attitude to start off with  so it's a great opener. Those two songs are the best to open with I think.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WAR™ said:

Rock in Rio 2001 it's the perfect example

Was that the opener or encore opener?  Either way yes you're right it was badass. Also even though as a whole the MTV awards in 2002 were a bit meh but the first 45 seconds were incredible.