what is the best Song to open a show with?

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Uhm. It's so easy. The perfect opener.

Good song to open with, mainly because of the very beginning (the bass), and the overall tempo is cool too, but it's mainly the low voice, which I perceive like a detriment to an ideal opener. Another thing is, we've had that for years now, and some change surely wouldn't go amiss! 

• Like 1

1. Welcome to the jungle

It's perfect, the build up, the energy, the lyrics.

2. It's so easy

Cool way to start the show, not to hard to sing. It would be great to follow that with Jungle, did they do that back in the day?

3. Reckless Life

Start of with high energy and a bit more obscure, kinda cool.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I’m not 100% sure here in what im saying, but I’m guessing those stats are wrong. I don’t know that Coma or You could be mine or Pretty Tied Up opened a show. Maybe Jungle did, but not that I recall. Some of the heads on here can confirm...

setlistfm is a handy resource, but it’s not complete or entirely accurate. 

IIRC, Jungle was the opener for the festival shows I saw in 2002 and possibly 2006.

It's So Easy is a great opener, but maybe they need to freshen it up after this tour. Hard Skool would be ideal if they were touring off the back of a new album.

• Like 1

I love the current opening trio of It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, and Chinese Democracy, but if I were to change it up (and real world factors like voice weren't an issue), I'd go with Chinese Democracy, Welcome to the Jungle, or Hard School, one of those three.

I also like the idea of This I Love straight into Chinese Democracy, but I imagine I'm opening myself up to abuse by admitting that 🤷‍♂️😂

Edited by DoMw94

I loved the structure of Queen's Magic Tour. Kicking off with a fast paced song off of their latest release and then right into the classics. Balls to the wall. Hard Skool would work great as an opener and then into It's So Easy. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

To be an opener the has to be a faster song like Nightrain, jungle, easy, etc

Personally, I'd like to see them open with Get In The Ring even if it was only once. 

Only this time flipping off tiktokers, YT bootleggers, and various downloading motherfuckers and disgruntled forum nutters who constantly complain (i.e. us). 

Leak my shit, motherfucker
Upload phone vids, motherfucker 
And I’ll sue your bitchy little ass! 
Punk! (as fuck) 

• Haha 1

For me, Perfect Crime is the perfect opener. It’s short, loud, fast, angry and in your face. 

For most casual fans, I should think WTTJ would top the list. And it’s a great opening option too.

I mean, if you really need evidence how legendary and epic GNR really is - think about this.

How many bands could open a set with a song like WTTJ? For 90% of rest, that’d have to be a closer or near the end of a set. But GNR can open with it and still carry a 2-3 hour show. Unreal.

• Like 2

You Could Be Mine would be a great opener.  That drum intro followed by the badass guitars that come in is perfect.

I know they opened with it once in South America in 2014 but I think it would be a great opener all the time too.

Nightrain, Easy and Jungle are all great too.  Honestly ISO, Brownstone and then Jungle is as perfect as it comes  

• Like 3

Welcome to the jungle is the best. it has a teaser intro. It's iconic. It was the first song on the first album. It is full of energy. the dya know where you are crowd interaction. The fact it has 'Welcome' in the title. If there was one song written specifically to be the ultimate perfect show opening song in rock history, it is welcome to the jungle.

Edited by JimiRose
typo
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

You Could Be Mine would be a great opener.  That drum intro followed by the badass guitars that come in is perfect.

I know they opened with it once in South America in 2014 but I think it would be a great opener all the time too.

Nightrain, Easy and Jungle are all great too.  Honestly ISO, Brownstone and then Jungle is as perfect as it comes  

It was in Bolivia, due the altitude.

Jungle. You can tease the intro and then

On 8/11/2022 at 11:38 AM, BangoSkank said:

"Welcome To The Jungle" is the perfect answer. Others are good - nothing beats Jungle for a million reasons. 

It gets people so psyched, especially when they tease the guitar intro, and when Axl gives it his all it gives goosebumps. 

EXAMPLE: 

Plus, to be simple about it, it says "welcome" in it - so it's the perfect greeting to the audience.

Yeah it's hard to start a show better than than that. That scream is godly,

• Like 1