Taylor Hawking Tribute Concert: Will there be any GN’R members?

I don't see this as strange at all - GN'R are playing South America in September and have shows either the day before or day after the two Taylor Hawkins shows.  Too much of a risk to fly to London or LA and get hit with a potential weather delay and not make it back for their headlining gigs.

Edited by dallasgnrfan
  • Like 4

Totally agree with that, too much risk, for sure.  I see onset of there will be any Queen members there? As much as Taylor liked Queen, it’s be a shame if they didn’t participate. It’s hard to believe he’s gone. Someone is going to have some big shoes to fill. 

3 minutes ago, John Reid said:

Totally agree with that, too much risk, for sure.  I see onset of there will be any Queen members there? As much as Taylor liked Queen, it’s be a shame if they didn’t participate. It’s hard to believe he’s gone. Someone is going to have some big shoes to fill. 

Brian May and Roger Taylor (and Rufus, Roger's son) are all confirmed for the London gig.

Edited by James Bond
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, lost un the jungle said:

GNR is on tour and also the current drummer is a hired gun, so also does not make sense to have him. PS: Josh Freese is on the bill

There are other musicians other than drummers playing at the gigs.

The reason is clearly schedule, if they were around I'm sure all the big 3 would have been there, especially given that Axl dedicated the last run to Taylor. Not strange

• Like 3

11 hours ago, EvanG said:

They were on friendly terms, but it's not like there was much more to it than that.

Axl Rose dedicates Guns N’ Roses tour to Taylor Hawkins

“It’s just a simple gesture n’ it’s awkward dealing with the gravity of something like this but in an effort to pay our respects, we’d like to dedicate this tour to our friend Taylor Hawkins,” wrote Rose.

“Taylor was a really great guy and it was always great to see him! He was a great n’ always welcome part of touring these last few years! This is such a horrible thing and our hearts go out to his family, friends, band mates and everyone who loves him.”

…….

In 2019, Hawkins revealed he was once approached by Rose to join Guns N’ Roses following the exit of the original members but turned him down.

Edited by ruttu69
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ruttu69 said:

Axl Rose dedicates Guns N’ Roses tour to Taylor Hawkins

“It’s just a simple gesture n’ it’s awkward dealing with the gravity of something like this but in an effort to pay our respects, we’d like to dedicate this tour to our friend Taylor Hawkins,” wrote Rose.

“Taylor was a really great guy and it was always great to see him! He was a great n’ always welcome part of touring these last few years! This is such a horrible thing and our hearts go out to his family, friends, band mates and everyone who loves him.”

…….

In 2019, Hawkins revealed he was once approached by Rose to join Guns N’ Roses following the exit of the original members but turned him down.

Yes, like I said, they were on friendly terms.
But it's not like Taylor with the Queen guys, or Chad Smith, or Perry Farrell, who considered him family.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 8:51 AM, EvanG said:

Yes, like I said, they were on friendly terms.
But it's not like Taylor with the Queen guys, or Chad Smith, or Perry Farrell, who considered him family.

I bet Brian Johnson was also very close to him, family as you would say.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ac-dcs-brian-johnson-is-honored-to-be-part-of-taylor-hawkins-tribute-concert

8 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I dont understand why Axl  did not join Slash and Duff (who it seems was a close friend of Taylor) to say a few words on the video.  Its seems disrespectful.

All the people saying something on video during the tribute concert were friends of Taylor and people who knew him well. 
Maybe Axl didn't feel it was his place to say something seeing as he probably only met Taylor a handful of times.
Or maybe only Slash and Duff were asked to say something because they had a relationship with him.
Who knows?
Don't immediately assume the worst. Jeez.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stress Fracture said:

If this is an audition for the new Foos drummer, he’s taking an early lead. Dave crying during Times Like These was painful.

I'd give it to Rufus Taylor, but at the same time, I wouldn't want him to leave The Darkness.

I was there today... the most incredible thing I've ever experienced. I just wish it never happened 😔

• Like 3