Brian Johnson "just couldn't watch" videos of AXL/DC

23 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

Axl saved Angus' ass, not Brian's. I know you're a huge Axl fan, but saying Axl saved Brian is incredibly bias and non-sensical. Brian said Axl did a great job, but it's like congratulating your mate hooking up with your ex wife. You might wish them the best but you don't say "awww mate, thanks for keeping her warm at night", do you?

Brian didn't say Axl did a great job...he said he was told he did a great job.  How could he say he did a great job when he never watched or heard him perform with the band lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Brian didn't say Axl did a great job...he said he was told he did a great job.  How could he say he did a great job when he never watched or heard him perform with the band lol. 

Way to miss the point. It wasn't supposed to be a literal quote, I was paraphrasing, but ultimately it's the same thing, isn't it?

I felt sorry for Brian but had no doubts that Angus would continue the band without him. 

I mean, he continued AC/DC without his brother Malcolm and Malcolm was the heart and soul of that band. 

I'm not trying to reduce Brians role in the band but Malcolm was a much bigger loss for me. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

You're being pedantic and as I said, you're missing the point entirely. 

You're being pathetic b/c you literally mis-represented what someone said, got called out on it and want to keep this conversation going.  All you had to do was say, yah you're right my bad and move on.   

5 hours ago, James Bond said:

Because whether he directly said "Axl did a great job" or "I heard Axl did a great job" is irrelevant to the point that Brian was absolutely not being rude or slagging Axl off.

Anybody who gets that out of Brian's comments should probably grab a copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar and try again with the reading comprehension.

Totally agree and as I was told......you missed the point :)

Edited by tsinindy

I feel for Brian, I really do. But all this article did on social media is bring out the fucktards saying “Axel was shit, he always comes out and performs 3 hours late etc” actually ignoring the fact that he got his shit together, stepped up, came out on time fronting AC/DC and absolutely kicked all sorts of ass in doing so. In fact, he completely knocked it out of the park. And no one was expecting that. 

• Like 2

AC/DC had a lot of line-up changes in the 70s and 80s but the Ballbreaker line-up remained stable for 20+ years. I can understand that it was tough for fans who never experienced line-up changes of their favourite band. However, that's not how Angus works. 

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1

Facts:

1- Axl in 2016 was better than Brian Johnson

2- Axl did saved ACDC ass, putting an "A" level singer that also happens to be one of the most famous, which means tickets will sell anyway, for ACDC and for GNR fans

3- ACDC didn't talk too much while Axl was there. I remember Angus mentioning that Axl was "excited" and wanting to continue with them, but it seems they were hiding from the situation

4- Fans will support the lead/main singer, even if the replacement is better. For instance, in Van Halen Sammy Hagar is by far a better singer than DLR, but fans want DLR!!!

I think Brian could have been more supportive about Axl, saying something like "It was a bad time for me, he saved the tour". Also the other fact is that ACDC didn't play live anymore after Axl/DC, so...

• Like 2

Just now, Alejandro GNR said:

I dont think he was better...he turned it more into GnR which is something great for us Gnr fans...

But that doesnt make it "better", Brian is ACDC as is Bon Scott

I dont think He turned it into GN'R. I mean, they had no keyboards on stage and no rants either. Also, where was the Reggae 😛

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I dont think he was better...he turned it more into GnR which is something great for us Gnr fans...

But that doesnt make it "better", Brian is ACDC as is Bon Scott

Have you heard any recordings of Brian in 2016? It was practically unlistenable. Poor guy literally couldn’t even sing in key due to his hearing. Axl was objectively a better singer in 2016, there is no room for debate. It’s a shame because Brian sounded incredible in 2015 - it was probably his best year vocally since 1995. 

• Like 3

Looks like a lot of people really twisting Brian Johnson's words. He specifically says he heard Axl did a great job and holds no ill-will. Brian been in the band since 1980 (I believe) with no break. No matter who filled the spot and how good he was, it was going to sting Brian to see the band go on without him. Also, it seems like his biggest issue was the fact that the band, through the press releases at the time, made it seem as if the band had permanently moved on without Brian. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 6:21 AM, Blackstar said:

Axl would have probably felt the same if he had been in Brian's shoes. It's human.

To your point, while I don’t know this to be true, I get the sense that AXL has animosity toward Myles Kennedy performing GN’R tunes not only with Slash on tour but also as part of the RnR HOF thing.

Perhaps I’m wrong, but it fits AXL’s personality.

I know it couldn’t happen w/o AXL’s blessing, but hypothetically if Myles stepped in for AXL (due to his vocal issues) to tour with GN’R at the behest of the rest of the band — I’m pretty certain it wouldn’t go over well.

Saw Axl/DC in London 2016. There were some hard core AC/DC fans that were bitching about Axl before the show started around me but after a few songs in were visably blown away at how good Axl was putting it down. It felt great to witness that endorsement from those who may have been sceptical. 

Personally for me it was one of the greatest shows I've been to. Axl was on his A game and energised and that extended scream on LTBR into the solo was out of this world. 

Once home and watching some of the Brian performances of the same tour it was like night and day. 

Kudos to Axl for saving their tour and the financial hit they would have taken. Only wish Brian could bring himself to watch some of the footage to see just how good it was. Then again it would be like seeing your wife being taken care of by a better lover! 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, thunderram said:

To your point, while I don’t know this to be true, I get the sense that AXL has animosity toward Myles Kennedy performing GN’R tunes not only with Slash on tour but also as part of the RnR HOF thing.

I know it couldn’t happen w/o AXL’s blessing, but hypothetically if Myles stepped in for AXL (due to his vocal issues) to tour with GN’R at the behest of the rest of the band — I’m pretty certain it wouldn’t go over well.

I can't remember Axl having said anything negative towards Kennedy and as for Axl's personality, to me he comes across as usually professional and cordial towards other musicians. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thunderram said:

Nonsense. There's never been any indication of this. He approved the release of Slash/SMKC GN'R covers.

And as for the RnR HOF, he's since performed with three others from that lineup, so that night's obviously long forgotten.

Why do fans make up beef like this? I honestly reckon 99.9% of what these boards 'think Axl thinks' is way wide of the mark

• Like 3