Brian Johnson "just couldn't watch" videos of AXL/DC

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl would have probably felt the same if he had been in Brian's shoes. It's human.

Brian still could have been a lot nicer about it saying something like,"I thank Axl for stepping in for me as lead for AC/DC when I couldn't be lead due to my health issues, he really did help us out when we were in a very tight bind,  but it still felt weird."

Edited by Karice

I'm at a loss to understand how anyone can read what he wrote and think there is anything wrong with it at all. like El Guapo has said i'm sure axl can relate on some level. The despair he felt sounds more like anxiety than depression.

2 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Always  good to hear some real feel answers. We got so much polite shit that some ppl get offended with some real stuff wtf.

That's the world today sadly man

i really think AXL/DC is the ebst thing could happend to an Axl rose fan who always fantasied about how would sound axl on ac/dc songs, but i undesrstand brian s pain, also feel angus is a cold motgherfucker who doesn t hesitate to do what he need to do to keep the ac/dc machine on n on , and maybe brian need to remember the hell bells lyrics 

• Like 1

To me Axl actually surprised me with the ac/dc concerts, Showed to me that he still had some serious pipes in him when motivated enough. Would love to see some some of that energy being put to good use as far as guns are concerned. The man is free to expres himself as he pleases but damn when goes all in he goes all in. I simply have got to respect that and this is coming from someone who is not the biggest Axl fan, just have to give credit whenever it's due. 

I totally get what Brian is saying, I bet watching videos of his fill-in would take him right back to the frustration of wanting to be out there performing but being unable to as well as what I bet was a ton of stress not knowing if his hearing will come out of it okay

9 hours ago, Karice said:

I find that kind of rude of Brian to say. Axl saved his ass by covering for him and THIS is what Brian says about it? He should have been kissing Axl's ass and singing his praises for saving AC/DC's ass. This is insulting to Axl.. 🤬 Doesn't even seem to thank Axl for saving AC/DC's ass! 🤬

There was nothing insulting regarding Brian's comment about Axl. You have to put yourself in Brian's shoes. The man had a health issue that was affecting his livelihood and something that he enjoys doing. It's not easy to give something up when you have been doing it for a long time.  It's only natural for Brian to feel the way he did. There needs to be empathy regarding Brian's situation and how he felt at the time. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Nothing cold hearted about Angus keeping the machine rolling. He's on a mission. Plus, a lot of money and jobs (crew, etc.) would have been lost. 

Exactly. Angus kept the gig going on without Malcolm and he was the heart and soul of that band. 

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, Karice said:

I find that kind of rude of Brian to say. Axl saved his ass by covering for him and THIS is what Brian says about it? He should have been kissing Axl's ass and singing his praises for saving AC/DC's ass. This is insulting to Axl.. 🤬 Doesn't even seem to thank Axl for saving AC/DC's ass! 🤬

That's one take on it. But I think he did say he heard it was good, and that Axl had helped them out of a tight spot... he was more talking about how he felt really low during that period. I think you missed the point a bit. He was hurt being left to the side by a group he'd fronted for 40yrs and then to be hearing reports about Axl being great, it must have been incredibly difficult, especially when he's going through hearing difficulties and losing his band.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Nothing cold hearted about Angus keeping the machine rolling. He's on a mission. Plus, a lot of money and jobs (crew, etc.) would have been lost. 

I think the only thing you could say that was a bit cold was the "best of luck to Brian" statement and then hearing that Brians stuff was chucked at his house. 

Personally I would have liked if AC/DC had made a joint statement with Brian and Brian had said "I want the guys to finish off what we started, and I hope to be back someday" or something to that extent. It just came off as blunt, and some of the roll back on Axl and AC/DC was the result of that. It sounded like they had pulled the rug from under Brian. 

Finishing out the tour was good for the band on many levels and I think now, most people agree it was the right move.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

I think the only thing you could say that was a bit cold was the "best of luck to Brian" statement and then hearing that Brians stuff was chucked at his house. 

Personally I would have liked if AC/DC had made a joint statement with Brian and Brian had said "I want the guys to finish off what we started, and I hope to be back someday" or something to that extent. It just came off as blunt, and some of the roll back on Axl and AC/DC was the result of that. It sounded like they had pulled the rug from under Brian. 

Finishing out the tour was good for the band on many levels and I think now, most people agree it was the right move.

You're right, it could have been handled better, more like a team, with more respect to Brian from Angus/ AC/DC's side.