The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

19 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

The General releasing would really make it feel like this was all worth it. I don't know what "this" is. Maybe visiting a GNR fan forum every day for 13 years.

Also I think the General thing is worth its own thread

Only if it's a really great song. I mean, just think about all these years speculating and when they finally release it, it turns out to be utter shit?

The horror lol.

1 minute ago, Lethalis said:

Only if it's a really great song. I mean, just think about all these years speculating and when they finally release it, it turns out to be utter shit?

The horror lol.

It will only turn out to be utter shit because of the changes made since the reunion .... Hardschool made me incredibly nervous about any other ChiDem songs ....

• Like 1

Is there any reason people are bringing up Soul Monster today? Was it spotted somewhere or is it just peoples usual excitement for that song lol.

either way this is exciting stuff. Perhaps is probably in my top 10 GNR songs & getting something mostly unheard like the General would be grand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

The chords playing in the rehearsal clip that everyone kept insisting was Oklahoma did sound kind of like the beat of The General we've heard from the intro and the cellphone clip. I think @sofine11 pointed this out at the time.

I sure did, though no one seemed to agree at the time though! 😆 

Good memory my friend!

10 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

Whats happening? 

Apparently after 20+ years we are finally on the cusp of hearing THE GENERAL! 🔥

54 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

Rock is not dead, it's just not dominating the charts like it used to and people like to use that to support the idea that rock is dead. The rock and metal genres are alive and well, you just have to dig a little deeper to find quality music. 

I understand the appeal of buying a CD or Vinyl record but on the other side of the coin, why would I spend $12 on an album when I can pay roughly the same amount monthly to have the same album and millions of songs that I can listen to anywhere? Hell you can even find the songs for free on YouTube most of the time. If you want to support your favorite artists, buy some merch. They make a lot more money off of merch than album sales these days.

Could do both? I try to, because fuck me do I hate how Spotify treats artists. 

Also, if I can't spare $12 (or whatever) for an artist's work that I'll keep probably forever.....then I'm in trouble! 

Firm advocate of buying CDs and records here. And even a few cassettes! 

33 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

We will be on this thread at the end of summer asking “Where’s The General?” 😅 

Oh, quite likely.....but let's be excited a for a bit! 

• Like 1

IF it was fake. They definitely paid close attention the detail’s especially leaving off “the” on Down On Farm. I’m inclined to believe the setlist is real. 

Release Perhaps/The General for this tour. Then release Atlas and whatever else next year. 

• Like 1

Just now, GnR Chris said:

I love that half the people here choose to be excited as hell about “The General” on the set list, then the other half either think it’s fake or the song won’t ever see the light of day even if it’s on the set list. LOL

I’m both.. I’m excited but I also like to stay realistic. If it happens then great but if it doesn’t then whatever, life continues as is. 
We’ve seen songs appear on setlists on previous tours that never got played in the end so I try and stay level headed. Definitely hard not to be excited though with these two tracks

13 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

🍎 🍎 And 🍊🍊. Spotify was something else. The setlist thing is obviously not just some algorithm thing or whatever. It's something the band has written down for a reason.

If you say so .. They played an instrumental part of the song to start every show for years and never got around to releasing it ... Now if it does get released (over 10 years later) it's going to not even be the same as it was then ... This band is a JOKE 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Remember the spotify episode? 

There are posters at this forum that confirmed the Spotify incident DID mean something. Those posters (or at least one of ‘em) had a contact high up at Spotify. Obviously, nothing came of it at the time, but who’s to say the tracks’ data wasn’t given to Spotify last year in readiness for when the band could be arsed to release them?

2 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

It's much easier to not care and then be surprised when something happens than it is to get excited at the possibility of this band doing anything.

I think it's not such a bad idea to be optimistic, but not lose perspective if shit doesn't go our way. Currently, I'd say it looks good, like there is a chance a song or two will be released fairly soon, but yeah it's Gn'R and that's always good to remember imo.

• Like 4