The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

LOL, yeah, that Duff IG clip, now that we know he has a full record coming this fall, was probably Axl doing some backing vocals.

I liked Tenderness a lot, and the ensuing tour in support of it was great. Really nice show in Chicago at Thalia Hall.

So now that will be two full solo records from Duff along with an EP, two records from Slash/Conspirators, Duff co-writing that Ozzy album, Slash doing soundtracks, Duff and Slash recording on “Hard Skool” and “Absurd.” All since they returned to GNR. Still nothing new from Axl.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

41 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Soul Monster is so desperate for Pele to be wrong because he invested so many months and years arguing with him, and since Pele has been banned and those arguments forced to be over, Pele's argument has only continued to be given more and more reason to be correct.

Definitely not taking any sides here, but as far as I remember, what the Pele guy was saying is that all they’ll release are these Village songs that have lyrics, and that’s all. They surely have done that so far, and more songs in the same vein may come, but that doesn’t mean he "was right", because we don’t know what will come next, do we. And as soon as they release a different song that we either don’t know about or that didn’t have lyrics in the Village bunch, his theories are over. 
Plus he was acting like a sociopath... but then, he’s not the only one here, regardless of opinion "sides". 

I’m going to speculate….with announcement of Duff’s new album, and I’ll bet a Slash album comes after or at least a tour as he stated, we won’t see a proper Guns record for the next year to year and a half at least.  From a marketing standpoint the way the music business does things I doubt they’d put out an album if there are conflicting releases from members. So hopefully we at least we can get 4 tracks by time this tour is over.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

I’m going to speculate….with announcement of Duff’s new album, and I’ll bet a Slash album comes after or at least a tour as he stated, we won’t see a proper Guns record for the next year to year and a half at least.  From a marketing standpoint the way the music business does things I doubt they’d put out an album if there are conflicting releases from members. So hopefully we at least we can get 4 tracks by time this tour is over.

A record!? A full album!? 

22 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

I wish I hadn't slept on the Hard Skool CD but I'll be honest, I thought it would always be there. It was never listed as a limited edition item. 

Chris  never think it (whatever is important to you )will always be there. Get it while  you can. 

As a diehard through the dark years and through all the new GNR lineups, I always believed CD would come out, way later than expected/wanted, but it did finally get released. I’ve always been optimistic about Axl’s grand vision and was always on board. I think the reunion killed any chance that we’d get a full GNR album. Honestly, what do they have to gain from it? Remember in 2017 when Axl did a guest spot with Billy Joel? I think Billy helped Axl see that because Guns was so successful, they can play until retirement just reliving the glory days, both for the band and their fans. Billy Joel hasn’t released anything since 93’ and his fans really don’t want him to. He still has massive success with his tours. Putting out something won’t take the world by storm, I think the best we could hope for would be equivalent to the success of the 2012 Van Halen album. And even then, considering todays music climate, I think that’s a stretch. I think Axl looks at it like it’s better for fans to say what if/what could’ve been, than to say yeah the new Guns album doesn’t sound anything like AFD, just play SCOM. Bands used to tour to promote an album, now they do an album so they can tour, but GNR doesn’t need to do that. At last years Motley Crue/Def Lep stadium tour, a lot of people were asking why DL was wasting 3 songs on their new material that nobody wanted to hear. I think it’s the same thing here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

But the general has been heard. Pele was right. 

Right on what? That Perhaps and Atlas are the next two singles? That there's no vocals we haven't heard since 1999? That there will never be a new album? He certainly hasn't been proven wrong, yet, but absolutely not been proven right either. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I think Axl looks at it like it’s better for fans to say what if/what could’ve been, than to say yeah the new Guns album doesn’t sound anything like AFD, just play SCOM.

That’s basically like saying it’s better to never try at all. Everything deserves effort or attempt. Like the saying “it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”.. Well Its better to create and release music and *potentially* disappoint than never to have created and released music at all..

That makes sense right? :lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dean said:

A reminder that Pele said The General and State of Grace are the same song.

This I don't agree with, though lots of others seem to push this theory, there is nothing to my ear that links them. But as Pele has been so right about everything else, it'd be remiss of me to go against him on this, so I might have to go against my own eyes and ears. 

For some reason I doubt TG and SOG are the same song based on the phone recording years ago.  But maybe.  I often wonder truly where people heard or got songs and leaked them way back in the day.   I know the piazza story, the anti quiet stuff.  Wonder where others heard or had stuff like hard school/Jackie Chan that was on YouTube for years.  I thought I heard a strip club story of someone ripping a cd axl had.  Just crazy how this stuff spread out so much over 20+ years.  Also blows me away I just turned 41 5 days ago and have still waited since Sympathy came out for new music.  We got Chinese.  I’d heard snippets prior around 2006 for the first time of what was to be new songs.  I remember being so blown away by better.  I just hope as creative people collectively they aren’t truly done and release more and don’t ride the nostalgia wave. It would also be nice to hear the fruits of waiting so long for unkept statements/promises and or indecisiveness.  But life goes on…. If Paul McCartney can release an Ai song with lemons vocals as last Beatles song then these guys can put out a record.  In the next 20-30 years they won’t be here most likely nor will some of us. 

1 hour ago, UYI4 said:

GNR never make sense. Remember that. I believe Slash released the first single to 4 a few weeks apart from “Hard Skool.”

• GNFNR 2

I agree with Pele about most stuff except Soul Monster not having vocals, it's ludicrous to suggest that Axl lied about recording on that song and yet he insisted he did. I have never felt tracks like Oklahoma and Zodiac were completed with vocals and will not be disappointed if we don't get them. I do think there's a good chance there's another 1 or 2 tracks we've never heard of that were completed, the guy who recorded The General cellphone clip said there was a ballad in the style of SOD that was played as well. Atlas and Perhaps don't really remind me of SOD at all so I think there might still be some other stuff in the vault. Not much though.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

I wouldn’t be opposed to them re-releasing Chinese as a double or triple album but have Slash and Duff re-record on it.  Anything to get something substantial out.  Still blows me away they haven’t done more with live proshot video that they have tons of over the years.  Hopefully Duff’s new album is a bit more of a rock album.  Some people don’t like his albums.  I liked believe in me, I really liked beautiful disease, about half of loaded I enjoyed.  Tenderness wasnt bad but I’d like some more energy. 

As a nostalgic person sometimes I think back and if you took some of the best parts of 5 o’clock, believe in me, and pawnshop guitars, we could’ve had an amazing GNR album back around 95/96.  I really wished they’d recorded originals with Gilby.  I think he was a great fit.  I know people suck Izzy off big time and he’s great, but IMO not what people make him out to be.  Juju hounds had a great record, but to me it was almost like a copycat Tom Petty record.  I wouldn’t be opposed to the OG lineup doing an album.  I’d prefer Matt as drummer though.  Not to take away from Frank, I just preferred Matthew. 

P.S. also surprised songs that dudes put up on YouTube have been up for 2 months

Edited by UYI4

18 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to them re-releasing Chinese as a double or triple album but have Slash and Duff re-record on it.  Anything to get something substantial out.  Still blows me away they haven’t done more with live proshot video that they have tons of over the years.  Hopefully Duff’s new album is a bit more of a rock album.  Some people don’t like his albums.  I liked believe in me, I really liked beautiful disease, about half of loaded I enjoyed.  Tenderness wasnt bad but I’d like some more energy. 

As a nostalgic person sometimes I think back and if you took some of the best parts of 5 o’clock, believe in me, and pawnshop guitars, we could’ve had an amazing GNR album back around 95/96.  I really wished they’d recorded originals with Gilby.  I think he was a great fit.  I know people suck Izzy off big time and he’s great, but IMO not what people make him out to be.  Juju hounds had a great record, but to me it was almost like a copycat Tom Petty record.  I wouldn’t be opposed to the OG lineup doing an album.  I’d prefer Matt as drummer though.  Not to take away from Frank, I just preferred Matthew. 

P.S. also surprised songs that dudes put up on YouTube have been up for 2 months

Ok. 

you are very optimistic 

2 hours ago, D4NNY said:

That’s basically like saying it’s better to never try at all. Everything deserves effort or attempt. Like the saying “it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”.. Well Its better to create and release music and *potentially* disappoint than never to have created and released music at all..

That makes sense right? :lol:

Sure that makes sense, but I doubt Axl cares about that. He accomplished so much in the past, why risk tarnishing that? That would be like Tom Brady coming back for another NFL season, he could do it, but why risk not being as good as he was and tarnish his legacy?