The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

Think about it... one of the problems of the old band was that various "management people" partially messed up the musicians’ relationships, plus the band ended up basically being ruled by a single band member. 
Nowadays... well... that’s a question for the management. 

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

I much prefer live music to studio.  It's just much more authentic.

I'm a live fan too

I listen the Tokyo audio bootleg from 1988. It was recorded! Axl told the crowd in one of the show: "we're recording tonight, taping this show for future use." and Live Era got two Tokyo '88 tracks: You're Crazy and the Used To Love Her (two verses were rerecorded by Axl). Along with full Marquee '87 would be amazing content for the AFD Boxset.... but nevermind

I have hope for complete Wembley 91, Rio 91, Paris 92 and maybe Tokyo 92... and Troubadour 2016 and Dodger Stadium 2016

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I do. They only have one single live release…..and how much is live is debatable! I’m an advocate of the Maiden approach and having a live album per tour as a document of the time.

Thing is - they are all well aware of Axl's vocal problems, and he's probably too embarrassed to release live material in his current state. I don't really blame him, I would be too. It would be a huge target for all kinds of criticism.

6 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Thing is - they are all well aware of Axl's vocal problems, and he's probably too embarrassed to release live material in his current state. I don't really blame him, I would be too. It would be a huge target for all kinds of criticism.

A full performance from summer 2016 would be absolutely fine IMO.

If you wanted a tour spanning set…..You could easily cherry pick songs from throughout the NITL run - the tougher ones to sing like Rocket Queen were done best in 2016 and then you could span the remaining years by using staples like ISE/Nightrain in 2017/18 etc as they were almost consistently good.

If done properly it could be great.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I wouldn't get too excited by a photo of Slash in a studio. He's always working on projects like horror films, collaborations with other artists, maybe even SMKC stuff. 

Axl is interested in film scores. He might have even went down with Slash just out of curiousity. 

Could also be just doing some live mixes or anything. 

Duff's comments could literally be a few added dates.

Slash just did a guitar part for Demi Lovato so yeah he could be doing anything but regarding the picture with Axl they said they heard new GnR music that sounded like classic Guns.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

People really want this Axl on live record?!! Im a HUGE Axl fan but his live performances cant be published…come on guys!!!

I would spend good money on 87-93 live performances and even 2002/2006 but the rest doesnt do Axls legacy justice 

For the right songs absolutely. DTJ has been super rad and some of the jams they've been doing are worthy of proper release somewhere. Wichita can be a snoozer live but there are versions I love listening to from 2017. Also working under the assumption they'd touch them up in classic GNR live fashion.

The "new studio album?" to "maybe an official version of Wichita Lineman?" pipeline

13 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

People really want this Axl on live record?!! Im a HUGE Axl fan but his live performances cant be published…come on guys!!!

I would spend good money on 87-93 live performances and even 2002/2006 but the rest doesnt do Axls legacy justice 

He kills it on Reckless Life and a number of other tracks? Some songs don’t work….Hard Skool being one glaring example.

Put it this way - I’m a fan like you and I’d lbw well pleased to get a NITL/latter day live era release. I posted further up - if done sensibly then it could be great.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

He kills it on Reckless Life and a number of other tracks? Some songs don’t work….Hard Skool being one glaring example.

Put it this way - I’m a fan like you and I’d lbw well pleased to get a NITL/latter day live era release. I posted further up - if done sensibly then it could be great.

Hard skool is getting better, Absurd certainly has live, pretty good now 

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

they have a DVD live in london,and Axl Sucks. so.....

Im not interested in live shows of this band,but an Album is different.

5 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

they have a DVD live in london,and Axl Sucks. so.....

Im not interested in live shows of this band,but an Album is different.

What DVD is that and from when? Must be a bootleg? The only one I’m aware of is 2012 at the O2 and 2016 was far better!

Edited by DTJ80

7 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I do. They only have one single live release…..and how much is live is debatable! I’m an advocate of the Maiden approach and having a live album per tour as a document of the time.

There are also the two full concert releases in the UYI box set that seem to be completely untouched by overdubs so that makes three live album releases. But I do agree that having a live album per tour would be awesome. They don’t have to be million sellers but the serious fans will always buy the vinyl and deluxe editions. The Rolling Stones and Maiden have been milking live albums for years and fans like me keep buying it. Why does this band not like releasing music? 

1 minute ago, DTV88 said:

There are also the two full concert releases in the UYI box set that seem to be completely untouched by overdubs so that makes three live album releases. But I do agree that having a live album per tour would be awesome. They don’t have to be million sellers but the serious fans will always buy the vinyl and deluxe editions. The Rolling Stones and Maiden have been milking live albums for years and fans like me keep buying it. Why does this band not like releasing music? 

Yeah - i tried (badly) to differentiate between the standalone release and the box set stuff. Something for more ‘fair weather’ fans to buy to document the tour. No danger are they massive sellers but clearly worthwhile. The UYI box set stuff is for the ‘nerds’ like us and not as accessible!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

"There are also the two full concert releases in the UYI box set that seem to be completely untouched"

Nope :-P

The "my serpentine" in Welcome To The Jungle from Ritz '91 is overdupped from London '91. On CD and BluRay