The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

5 minutes ago, chorrada said:

The magazine has replied: "Hello [name], that was a concert report, you can read the interview in the magazine in one or two months. Unfortunately, our CMS programme had a minor major breakdown that day and the article didn't survive. ;) We are in the process of somehow containing or repairing the damage."

In case someone cares for the reply in german: "Hallo [Name], das war ein Konzertbericht, das Interview gibt es in ein bis zwei Monaten im Heft zu lesen. Leider hatte unser CMS-Programm an diesem Tag einen kleinen größeren Breakdown und der Artikel hat es nicht überlebt. ;) Wir sind dabei den Schaden irgendwie einzudämmen bzw. zu beheben."

Oh that means Team Brazil didn't vanish that article, and that  other articles on the site might've also disappeared due to the breakdown.

Thanks for reaching out to that magazine!

Hmm, so what does it mean, Duff!? Maybe he was overestimating by saying the news could be happening within the week, but maybe he might still be right in saying stuff is happening soon! :O

1 hour ago, chorrada said:

The magazine has replied: "Hello [name], that was a concert report, you can read the interview in the magazine in one or two months. Unfortunately, our CMS programme had a minor major breakdown that day and the article didn't survive. ;) We are in the process of somehow containing or repairing the damage."

In case someone cares for the reply in german: "Hallo [Name], das war ein Konzertbericht, das Interview gibt es in ein bis zwei Monaten im Heft zu lesen. Leider hatte unser CMS-Programm an diesem Tag einen kleinen größeren Breakdown und der Artikel hat es nicht überlebt. ;) Wir sind dabei den Schaden irgendwie einzudämmen bzw. zu beheben."

This is good news, although that post by the studio still got taken down for some reason...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Draguns said:

I agree with you. MetLife Stadium  is  the second biggest media market in the United States so it makes sense. 

The last time GNR made a sensible decision regarding the release and promotion of GNR studio material, I was still swimming in my dad's nuts.

They didn't bother to put in the effort to promote Absurd or Hard Skool. No reason to believe they'll start now. 

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Is this something common? Normally they do the interview and at the following day or 2 days after we get them

Not if it's for print.

2 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I disagree. Outside of this forum, HTGTH, and the Ultimate Classic Rock website, the news of Absurd and Hard Skool’s releases in 2021 came and went with no fanfare. A release of something new now will have the same minimal impact, unless Axl, Slash, and Duff sit down with a legitimate music news outlet or publication, and discuss the song and what follows thereafter.

This isn’t 1991, when Guns was the biggest band in the world, and the wait for the UYI releases was maybe the most talked about event in music history at that time.

If they would announce a proper album, not some EP with leftovers and live songs, it still would be a big deal.

15 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Is this something common? Normally they do the interview and at the following day or 2 days after we get them

Yes, it's common practice when it comes out to print magazines. Usually outlets give a sneak preview of an interview on their website and then the full interview appears in the printed version.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

What interest me Is the quote of the journalist. After Duff mention the announcement, the journalist says: hopefully are new songs, what intrigues me, if I was the journalist I would have pressure Duff a little, and I imagine Duff was silence about It. If Is not new music what else could be? That Izzy Is coming back? Jaja only in my dreams.

We have a lot of clues, the most important one, the picture of Axl AND Slash in a studio together. Hearing new mixes that are like Classic GNR. We have the quote of that guy about mixes made un L.A. Perhaps being soundchecked...pictures of the band Taken by Sante D'Orazio and Ross Halfin.. something Is cooking.

Something has been cooking for years. Never seems to be ready to eat though- and if it is, they always just pop it in the bin rather than let us taste it! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The people on here and the other forums have been anticipating the rest of the Chinese Democracy songs for so long.

Let's pretend we've reached a future where every song has been released, and you're still alive.

What are you all going to do afterwards? Would you still stick around the GnR forums afterwards for long, or would you move onto something else now that the very long Chinese Democracy era of releases have ended?

10 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

The people on here and the other forums have been anticipating the rest of the Chinese Democracy songs for so long.

Let's pretend we've reached a future where every song has been released, and you're still alive.

What are you all going to do afterwards? Would you still stick around the GnR forums afterwards for long, or would you move onto something else now that the very long Chinese Democracy era of releases have ended?

I'd stay @BucketEgg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

and you're still alive.

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think I’d fade from existence as I’d have reached final enlightenment

so much for being alive then :rofl-lol:

what if GnR promised even newer music straight afterwards? would you fade back into existence? or not go through this waiting game again?

Edited by BucketEgg

14 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

My soul probably wouldn't find peace until the new GnR versions of those songs somehow come out, so...

• Like 1