The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I did? Fuck, my memory is so shitty now… Did I do the stupid “come on Axl, HardSkool me in the ass” thing?

I don't know, but see for yourself (in the link) :lol:

(In fact it was just one day before, because when it was released in New Zealand it was still Sept. 23 in Europe and America)

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know, but see for yourself (in the link) :lol:

(In fact it was just one day before, because when it was released in New Zealand it was still Sept. 23 in Europe and America)

Ah yeah I found it:

”Linkfire link now exists for HardSkool: https://gunsnroses.lnk.to/hardskool

My asshole is still closed… my mouth however…”

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

6 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

So is the consensus now that “plans have changed” in regard to The General & Perhaps? 🥺

My guess is releasing Perhaps before the US/Canada tour to drum up publicity. Ticket sales for North America have been doo-doo; just had a look at the Moncton show and still a ton available.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Draguns said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/slash-the-breach-all-star-album-demi-lovato-232723579.html

He also has Guns N’ Roses tour dates booked through October, but as for his possibly most anticipated future project — long-rumored new GNR music — he plays coy again. “It comes out when it comes out,” he says with a big grin. “So, you know, just stay tuned.”

I think that's axl's style. Have it ready and one day, when he's feeling good about it, he releases it.

• Like 1

Do you guys know anything  about a song called ‘Down by the Ocean’, I think it was written in ‘01. I remember Axl confirmed it existed, but what was interesting is that when he referred to it, he wrote it as ‘Down by the Ocean (Izzy)’

2 hours ago, Nick85 said:

So is the consensus now that “plans have changed” in regard to The General & Perhaps? 🥺

Yeah. That's my view at least. 

Absolutely beyond their capabilities to release one song. They just can't catch a break. 

Let's all meet up in the year 3000. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Rick5810 said:

Do you guys know anything  about a song called ‘Down by the Ocean’, I think it was written in ‘01. I remember Axl confirmed it existed, but what was interesting is that when he referred to it, he wrote it as ‘Down by the Ocean (Izzy)’

Some people think it's 'Box' from Izzy's acoustic album, but Axl mentioned Down By The Ocean after that song was released, so who knows. I think the most likely answer is they had a song called Down By The Ocean, and Izzy re-used the lyric on a different song years later when he released Fire.

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/slash-the-breach-all-star-album-demi-lovato-232723579.html

He also has Guns N’ Roses tour dates booked through October, but as for his possibly most anticipated future project — long-rumored new GNR music — he plays coy again. “It comes out when it comes out,” he says with a big grin. “So, you know, just stay tuned.”

String the fans along 

An all-star blues-oriented solo album from Slash? Count me in! That's pretty damn great news :headbang:

I wonder if Steven Tyler is one of the guests, since they were pictured together in the studio a few months ago :book:

Also, would be cool if there was one red-headed guest singer too :smiley-confused2:

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, tboneman said:

Probably not. There's always a possibility that Axl changed the name of the song for the release. The Blues - > Street of Dreams. 

There's always a chance but I don't think that's case since it was on the setlist as Perhaps

Edited by Gibson87

4 hours ago, Rick5810 said:

It was one of 10 songs done by Duff and Izzy in April of 1995. They recorded for a week or 8 days (izzy has said both) other song names from those sessions are Toothpuller and Machine Gun. I'm actually looking into this right now for something so it's odd you posted it.

Down by the ocean is a song some think Izzy put out himself later on but it's not actually known for sure. All 3 of those songs were done on 18th of April 95. One day later the Oklahoma bombing happened and one day after that while in litigation Axl gets an idea for another song inspired by the previous days attack.

It's a rare example that can be pin pointed where old gnr and new gnr sort of overlap

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That's the best he can say at this point.

But the news here is that he has recorded/is going to record a new solo album with guest singers that will be released in 2024. Well... at least that will be more interesting than another SMKC album.

And the recording in the studio in Norway was for his guest spot on the Demi Lovato song.

Two different studios in Norway. The one with Axl and another one where Slash recorded guitar tracks (for Demi Lovato)