The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 minute ago, RONIN said:

Do we want a new album from this lineup with current Axl vocals?

Or are we wanting reskinned chinese era songs with Slash and Duff?

If they do another album, will Frank be on drums?

seeing how Axl hasn't released an album in 15 years, I just want him to release more unreleased Gn'R tunes. Whatever material that can be released the fastest so reallistically, what got updated again with Slash and Duff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Ideally, I would like the rest of the CD material with the original composers. 

Secondly, a new album from this lineup. I am not worried about the vocals, Axl will not write and record vocal melodies he can’t sing, obviously. So probably songs more suited to his current capabilities, which are still really great. 

1 hour ago, Sonicjam said:

Duff's "news coming this week" was like, 3 weeks ago now I think. What a shame lol

Again, there was a 'maybe' in there. 

• Like 3

If this band drop an album, everyone’s going to be so overjoyed that no one’s going to listen to it objectively for at least 3 years. They’re kind of the band equivalent of the delinquent divvy kid in school who is an arse all year, but gets heaps of praise when they actually do a bit of work.. whilst hardworking normal students get ignored.. 

it’s like when they played PTU and Bad Obsession on this tour, we were all hanging out the flags and lavishing them with praise 😂 it’s almost a clever business move.. do the bare minimum and whatever you do release will be treated like the second coming of Christ. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kelmi said:

Theyre trying to Bounce the project and release it on streaming services. Its really difficult Axl has to travel studios all over Europe.

Yeah bless him. Hard old life being an international rockstar. Poor little dab has to mix his 20 year old new single on the road 😂 

well, he has to watch someone else mix it. Whilst drinking stella. 

filtered stella, no less

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

A mix, obviously. 

- Stuff from 94-96
- CD2 material
- New songs

All revamped. 

• Like 1

For those talking about Axls voice if laying down new vocals, studio is a completely different ball game than live. Rock the rock has 2010 level rasp but was recorded in 2017 if I remember correctly 

Edited by Dangom1
  • Like 3

I'm leaving my opinion on new album. Personally I'd like to hear new music with old gnr style of at least something close to hardskool rather than songs like perhaps or atlas or those we know... I'm more into hard shit kick in the face... Of course not expecting appetite or illusion.. but Axl singing reckless life n shadow the way he is doing live I think he can pull some neat screams n rasps on studio for some hard rock stuff n that's what I want... But.. like and old flyer used to say "because what you want and what you get are two totally different things"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Secondly, a new album from this lineup. I am not worried about the vocals, Axl will not write and record vocal melodies he can’t sing, obviously. So probably songs more suited to his current capabilities, which are still really great. 

I actually think Axl can still do quite a bit, especially in the studio. He still has excellent moments live, it's just nothing compared to 2016, when he sounded amazing on a significant portion of the setlist. 

In the studio, between studio magic and the ability to do multiple takes and not having to worry about preserving his voice for a tour, I've no doubt he could sound good on record - I don't think he'd have to adjust the melodies, unless he was specifically writing songs with the idea of playing them on the road (which I actually don't think is a good idea.)

11 hours ago, meadsoap said:

I feel like if attention and "relevancy" was a big motivator for Axl, he would have done something to try to stay relevant... literally anything at all. Instead he spent nearly 20 years keeping up the most uncommercial, avoidant, and hermit-like behavior I've seen for anyone famous. He rarely did interviews, wouldn't promote his projects, rarely made any public statements that weren't through his lawyers or employees, and purposely disappeared from the public eye for years at a time. Yet he was still working on music and insisting that he still wanted to release things, while doing everything in his power to avoid public scrutiny. That's not the behavior of someone who thrives under people's attention.

I do agree that Axl probably doesn't feel like he has anything left to say musically, and that is probably the cause of why he's lost his motivation to continue on.

I think he really thought Chinese Democracy was going to be something special. Once it was essentially forced out of his hands, it killed whatever spirit he still had left for producing new music.

That's just my pet theory, of course.

• Like 2